Good DATA Brown VS Benson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good DATA Brown VS Benson

N

NJFinFury2004

I think we can all stop the QB chatter. Saban is not going to DRAFT a QB. Yes, he has EVERYONE thinking he will, when he went to see Rodgers and Smith. I think he is doing this for one SIMPLE reason.

Crenell wants a QB for the BROWNS, bad!

Ok I think I have figured this out.

75pct of what Sports Writer do is ( Give their opinions) so why can't slugs like us? Nick Saban has been so quiet on what he wants to do in the draft, nobody KNOWS!

Last week he was reported out wooing Rodgers and Smith, 2 of the drafts top QB'S coming out of this years draft. Everyone in the MIAMI media is writing about how much time he has spent with Smith, how he thinks Smith only at age 20, could blossom into one of the better QB'S in the NFL.

Now everyone is saying SABAN will take a QB for the FINS. We all know AJ FEELEY'S stats last year were HORRIBLE, yet this team defined the word " Train Wreck" last season.

Many FIN fans would like to give AJ another chance this season, and IM one of them. I didn't like him at all when he first came here, so why do I now? He showed a PRO ARM making sideline to sideline passes when he had the time with ease, throws a nice LONG BALL, again, when he has the time. IS TOUGH AS NAILS AND EARNED the TEAMS respect. He also improved as the season progressed and the O line and Sammy Morris started playing better.

My guess is Saban sees this also. Bringing in Ferrote is a good idea because of his knowledge of our new O coordinator game plan (Who was ranked #1 by SI last year after MOSS went down and the VIKES still put up big time points)

I think he is ****ING with Crennel the new coach of the BROWNS D coordinator for the PATS HEAD! The BROWNS need a QB BAD! They dont even have Hollocombe anymore and Garcia is now on the LIONS. The Niners will take RODGERS, leaving Smith left. Miami has the SECOND pick and its funny how SABAN hasn't mentioned RODGERS much, stroking Smith off, knowing Crenell has an eye on him.

Even though there are RUMORS Williams might return, even I have to say this mental maniac might change his mind again and quit, how many times has he done this? Saban knows he can't rely on Ricky and may be talking him up so much in the press, so the Browns think he will take Smith.

Saban has also talked up Lamar Gordon, who I still like and Sammy Morris the X Bill FB, who was actually the starting RB on Miami last year. He did AVG 4 yards a carry and I do LIKE HIM, but he isn't an NFL FRANCHISE RB.

Look what I THINK will happen, if GREAT MINDS think alike.

- Crennel falls for the fact Saban might take Smith off the Baord.

- Crennel isn't an idiot and might think the same thing I do, but what if we are wrong and Saban really likes Smith? Then Smith is wearing a FINS UNIFORM next year and the BROWNS are SCREWED

- Just playing it safe, Crennel calls Saban and offers either their 2nd or 3rd round pick, to move up that one spot. Or he gives Miami their 2nd for Miami's 3rd and moves up.

- The BROWNS take Smith

- Miami replaces the draft pick lost for Feeley.

- Saban signs either BENSON or BROWN with the 3rd pick vs the 2nd, saving Miami Cap space.

IM pretty sure that's whats going on here.

Now look at the NEGATIVES ON BROWN=>
Negatives: While he has excellent speed, he needs room to get to top speed and gathers a bit before making the upfield cut along the perimeter … Needs to develop more hip swerve and better moves in order to elude in the open. … Has some stiffness in his hips, which is sometimes exposed when he tries to run routes in the short area (takes a soft angle approach rather than run crisp routes) … Has excellent straight-line speed, but does not have the stop-and-go action to plant and redirect when looking for the cutback lanes.

This is a MAJOR problem. Listed as BENSONS positives are his ability to be elusive and hit a running lane. Benson is the BETTER NFL BACK!

I see your logic... Good post. This will only work if San Fran takes Rodgers with the #1 overall though. I would love this scenario. Getting a top RB, maybe a QB with the 2nd rd, and possibly a C (Wilkerson) with the 3rd.

PHINSfan said:
I see your logic... Good post. This will only work if San Fran takes Rodgers with the #1 overall though. I would love this scenario. Getting a top RB, maybe a QB with the 2nd rd, and possibly a C (Wilkerson) with the 3rd.

this would be perfect

I hope that the Browns do gets scared and give us atleast a 3rd. That would be sweeeeeet if that happens, and it just might happen too.

good post but I see no DATA on Brown v. Benson

Very good post and well thought out. It's nice to have a thoughtful post thrown in amoung the rabble that sometimes fills this board. :up:

Having said that, I respectfully disagree that a RB is our greatest need. We are not best served by passing on a top-tier QB in a draft that is rich in RBs and weak in QBs (except the top two).

The most compelling part of your post is possibly gaining a 2nd round draft pick in exchange for one move down. It is that pay off that I really can't argue with. As much as I would dislike passing up a QB (Smith or Rodgers), I would do so if your scenerio played out.

Good post. I agree that The Browns could become desperate for a qb and give us something to move up one spot. Kinda like San Diego and the Giants last year. Not the same but similar In the fact that Giants wanted Eli and San Diego picked him. Seeing as how the Browns have no QB they may become desperate if we select him and in turn give us more than he's worth.

If Campbell or Frye are nearly as good or as good as Smith and Rodgers as SOME would suggest, don't you think Crennall and Phil Savage know that as well and will not throw away a second rounder in a Rick Spielman like manner?

If they trade up for a QB it should confirm what some of us already think, that these two QB's are special prospects, and then the question would have to be asked......why are we passing on a potential franchise QB?

I think what we are seeing is signals being sent out in every possible way that would leave any possible trade up suitor completely lost about what we will do, someone after a runner would think we might draft runner, someone looking to trade up for a QB will think we might go QB.............same thing with WR.

This just seems like a savvy draft plan to me, no one needs to know what we will do until we do it.

Spielman was like a total amatuer last year, if he was smart he would have put out signals that we liked Vince Wilfork or JP Losman....instead every team in the league knew we were going RT, so Philly trades ahead of us to get the top prospect and Spielman gets taken to the cleaners by minnesota.

I have mentioned this before, but there is one flaw in your plan. To move from 3 to 2 would cost more than a 2nd. Thats what the Browns gave up last year to move from 8 to 7(if memory serves) It will take a 2nd and possibly a 4th or 5th in this draft, or a 3rd or 4th in next.

Fins2theend said:
I have mentioned this before, but there is one flaw in your plan. To move from 3 to 2 would cost more than a 2nd. Thats what the Browns gave up last year to move from 8 to 7(if memory serves) It will take a 2nd and possibly a 4th or 5th in this draft, or a 3rd or 4th in next.
you are correct.

Aside from the fantasies of trades that don't add up and other declarations of a "great mind", I find it silly that he would post a paragraph of negatives for one RB contrasting with a few words of praise for another. I don't mind the trade talk, silly as it is.

I woud like to ask you guys if still a possibility, that Saban may go with a WR? Edward with the second, or Williams if we move down a little?

Back
Top Bottom