Good Game. And thoughts on Coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Game. And thoughts on Coach

Allen had a great arm and can run on you.....if he was accurate he'd be a top 5 QB in the NFL but he's not accurate and that's something most QB's don't get much better at. Either you're accurate or you're not. That defense is very good tho, specially the Dline.
He's fun to watch. But I don't see him developing as a top 10 quarterback for the reasons you state.

Yesterday he played well. But he had an eternity to scan the field and find an open receiver.

He's fun to watch. But I don't see him developing as a top 10 quarterback for the reasons you state.

Yesterday he played well. But he had an eternity to scan the field and find an open receiver.
and he still missed some receivers anyway. Like I said, you can take a QB that is accurate and help him get even better at it but when a QB is not accurate then he will never be accurate regardless of coaching.

I have lived in Upstate NY most of my life. I went to the SUNY University at Buffalo for my BS and MS. I am a die hard Dolphins fan, but I have always had great experiences with Bills fans. I have gone to the Dolphins game in Buffalo pretty much every year since the Marino/Kelly days as a child.

I’m glad to see some love from a Bills fan here. I’ll be rooting for them to win the rest of the season. I’d love to see them get a playoff win this year; I know first hand how much Bills fans love their team.

and he still missed some receivers anyway. Like I said, you can take a QB that is accurate and help him get even better at it but when a QB is not accurate then he will never be accurate regardless of coaching.
As Dolphin fans we have been to this rodeo before. Very much like Ryan Tannehill's first couple of years where there were encouraging signs, enough to keep you waiting for more and hoping. Miami waited seven years. Buffalo has a nice team, but one reason I think Miami can leap them is because of their quarterback situation. Of course, the Dolphins have to find the right one. I feel the same way about Darnold. He just makes too many mistakes. At least Allen is starting to minimize his mistakes.

Still, if Brady had the time Miami gave Allen yesterday his numbers would have been off the charts.

I have lived in Upstate NY most of my life. I went to the SUNY University at Buffalo for my BS and MS. I am a die hard Dolphins fan, but I have always had great experiences with Bills fans. I have gone to the Dolphins game in Buffalo pretty much every year since the Marino/Kelly days as a child.

I’m glad to see some love from a Bills fan here. I’ll be rooting for them to win the rest of the season. I’d love to see them get a playoff win this year; I know first hand how much Bills fans love their team.
I hope they miss out of the playoffs in the most heartbreaking fashion and we beat their asses next year and every year.

Allen had a great arm and can run on you.....if he was accurate he'd be a top 5 QB in the NFL but he's not accurate and that's something most QB's don't get much better at. Either you're accurate or you're not. That defense is very good tho, specially the Dline.
That is the Draft Narrative. Yet his accuracy and ball placement has been improved this year. And as he continues to work his footwork and Mechanics it will get better.

Thanks for the nice thoughts BFiP. It's interesting, if you look at the 2018 class, Josh may be second behind Lamar in terms of quality.

Lamar
Josh Allen
Sam
Baker
Josh Rosen

Lamar speaks for himself. The question will be whether he stays healthy. Sam is ok but he's got that robotic, stiff feel. Baker was essentially Paul Bunyan in terms of tall tales coming out. I think Rosen has some arm talent. His intangibles aren't great but he can develop if he has the wherewithal to try.

That is the Draft Narrative. Yet his accuracy and ball placement has been improved this year. And as he continues to work his footwork and Mechanics it will get better.

I see pretty much every Bills game on TV each year. I would rate Allen as the number 2 QB from the draft last year (under Jackson). I think his biggest issue is trying to do everything himself. There are times when he needs to learn to either throw the ball away or take a sack. His tendency to try to extend dead plays results in too many negative outcomes like INTs or fumbles. They have to add some talent on offense to help him out next season.

I see pretty much every Bills game on TV each year. I would rate Allen as the number 2 QB from the draft last year (under Jackson). I think his biggest issue is trying to do everything himself. There are times when he needs to learn to either throw the ball away or take a sack. His tendency to try to extend dead plays results in too many negative outcomes like INTs or fumbles. They have to add some talent on offense to help him out next season.
Agree and the Numbers somewhat show that out.

Last 7 weeks: ALLEN 96.4 passer rtg 14 TD (10 pass / 4 rush) 1 INT / 1 fum lost

Some Comparisons
WENTZ 88.4 passer rtg 7 TD (7 pass / 0 rush) 2 INT / 3 fum lost
BRADY 85.9 passer rtg 9 TD (7 pass / 2 rush) 4 INT / 1 fum lost
GOFF 81.4 passer rtg 6 TD (5 pass / 1 rush) 4 INT / 2 fum lost

Not saying Allen hasn't improved, but comparing him to Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield is a pretty low bar.

Not saying Allen hasn't improved, but comparing him to Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield is a pretty low bar.
And for such a hyped group.

Same as this year really, supposedly one of the strongest, and we've got a guy sitting at #1 who nobody predited last year, the previous concensus #1 seriously injured and question marks over every other candidate.

And for such a hyped group.

Same as this year really, supposedly one of the strongest, and we've got a guy sitting at #1 who nobody predited last year, the previous concensus #1 seriously injured and question marks over every other candidate.
With rare exceptions, every QB ranked a top 10 pick is hyped. This year is no exception.

While I agree the QB class from 2018 has been somewhat disappointing, Allen was by far the most raw prospect of the group. He has shown considerable growth as a passer from year 1 to year 2. I think if the coaching staff puts him in a position to succeed (like Baltimore did revamping the offense for Jackson), and he continues to work on footwork/mechanics, that he will be a solid QB for the Bills. He might never be a HoF caliber player, but he could be their first franchise QB since Kelly.

Every Buffalo QB in recent memory looks or looked great against us. From Thad Lewis to Tyrod Taylor to Josh Allen. And really, none are / were anything special. Grain of salt on this Allen kid. I don’t think he’s the “guy” for Buffalo. But it will take them a good 6-7 seasons to figure that out.

Every Buffalo QB in recent memory looks or looked great against us. From Thad Lewis to Tyrod Taylor to Josh Allen. And really, none are / were anything special. Grain of salt on this Allen kid. I don’t think he’s the “guy” for Buffalo. But it will take them a good 6-7 seasons to figure that out.
The rate allen is going. He should make playoff this yr. Not bad for 2nd yr qb.

Back
Top Bottom