Good Job Nick Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Job Nick Saban

agreed. Let's not forget that NO originally wanted a late pick for T. Jones And saban waited them out too, even though that's was to a much lesser extent. He gets high marks so far heading into the draft, and I have no doubt that he will trade down and pick up more of the players he needs...

Im happy we got the 2nd but yet im sad i really didint want to see sutain go, i understand there was no real way of resigning him but i was hoping, he was a great player while here and i for one will miss him

Yeh you have to give Saban a lot of credit so far. He's already shown he's a better GM than Spielman, and won't settle for crap. He did the right thing by trimming cap space and picking up a high pick.

It's interesting that once Saban shows a little interest in another prospect, be it Smith or Edwards, SF follows suit to try and imporve their trade-down chances. Seems like everybody has been reacing to Saban so far, rather than vice-versa. I think he'll do well tomorrow, I really expect that he'll find a way to trade down.

Saban is doing very well, he has proven in several instances when it seemed that KC had most of the leverage, that he would not back down

Saban wanted a 2nd and he refused to fall down when he was pushed, granted he was pushed with a pretty whimpy push, but you guys should understand the analogy.

I dont know if KC was trying to take advantage of a rookie NFL HC, but they lost, im kinda pissed about the swaping 5ths that was kind of anoying, but it really doesnt make too much of a difference i guess

duss12 said:
We all knew Peterson was gona break

Peterson didnt break.
He did indeed give up less than their 2nd round pick, just like he said. Swapping picks in the 5th is a fairly minor difference, but its still better for KC than just giving up their 2nd straight up for Pat. Especially when a lot of us were hoping for their 2nd an a late round pick to boot.

Also, Saban has said all along that he wouldnt accept anything less than a 2nd round pick for Pat. Dropping 10-20 spots in the 5th makes the deal less than KC's 2nd round pick, but value-wise its still probably somewhere in the 2nd.

All in all its probably a good deal for both teams, but I think KC came out just a little bit ahead of us.

yankeehillbilly said:
Peterson didnt break.
He did indeed give up less than their 2nd round pick, just like he said. Swapping picks in the 5th is a fairly minor difference, but its still better for KC than just giving up their 2nd straight up for Pat. Especially when a lot of us were hoping for their 2nd an a late round pick to boot.

Also, Saban has said all along that he wouldnt accept anything less than a 2nd round pick for Pat. Dropping 10-20 spots in the 5th makes the deal less than KC's 2nd round pick, but value-wise its still probably somewhere in the 2nd.

All in all its probably a good deal for both teams, but I think KC came out just a little bit ahead of us.

I disagree...He BROKE; Peterson offered a 4th and Nick said "a 2nd or watch Randy torch you twice a year"...

:shakeno:
nate said:
we got hosed raiders got a 2nd and third
:shakeno:

There are contributing factors to why these deals are different. Surtain is a FA next season, the Chiefs could just wait, offer the big money to him next season. The Chiefs also had to settle on A huge contract. The Dolphins would strugle if forced to keep Surtain and his hit against the Cap. Buchanon has none of these issues.
:thewave:
The 2nd rounder is awesome!!! Now we can take who ever we please at the #2 overall spot.

I don't like that we had to trade 5th rounders. This is not the best part of the deal. KC has two 5th round picks, which 5th round choice do we get 147 or 162?

Back
Top Bottom