Good Morning Football Analysis On Flores | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Morning Football Analysis On Flores

I don't know if he will be a great coach or not, only time will tell, but good/solid people are grateful for where they have been. He talks about his experience. I like that he isn't puffing up or pretending he knows more than he does. This is a guy who took his family and walked w/ fans back to the hotel. Couple that and knowing his Latin American roots make me feel this guy, no matter what will really come to embrace South Florida and the team identity way more than the last few coaches. He will resonate with all the other northern transplants but also be embraced by the locals and fans. I get the feeling this coach, more than the last few, will really fit in here. Of course, winning will be the real factor if he does or not. We just have to give it time which is painful.

On a side note. I think it's time to move on from the "history" of the franchise. It was embarrassing that we had no stars in that awesome NFL commercial except a couple old guys who weren't even in the excitement. Since our new coach was born, 38 years ago, our franchise record isn't anything to make us respected.

Truth is, we came to him, and he said yes. He is here to work, and that's what he seems ready to do. That's all I know. It's kind of refreshing. I am over magic fixes and hoping the next guy will be the "one."

I'm not sure any of these geniuses are actually qualified to give an "Analysis".... That includes Nate Burleson.

The fickleness of Dolphin fans as a whole is somewhat amusing.

When a thread with a clip or a quote gets posted on Finheaven degrading the Dolphins the thread is swarmed with posts about how the media hates the Dolphins, don't know what they are talking about and are unqualified to even be talking about football.

When a thread with a clip or a quote gets posted on Finheaven acknowledging the Dolphins in a positive manner the thread is swarmed with posts about hating the show, they don't know what they are talking about and are unqualified to be talking about football.

The fickleness of Dolphin fans as a whole is somewhat amusing.

When a thread with a clip or a quote gets posted on Finheaven degrading the Dolphins the thread is swarmed with posts about how the media hates the Dolphins, don't know what they are talking about and are unqualified to even be talking about football.

When a thread with a clip or a quote gets posted on Finheaven acknowledging the Dolphins in a positive manner the thread is swarmed with posts about hating the show, they don't know what they are talking about and are unqualified to be talking about football.

Happens all the time! People are never happy with anything good or bad. Always getting caught up in semantics. Cant be happy with what is being said, but have to point out that they dont like who is saying it, as if what is being said goes void because of the messenger... Like theres only a qualified set of individuals that are certified to delivery good and bad "analysis" of the dolphins. I just try to appreciate everything for what it is and understand that it is just someone else's opinion. I appreciate it because it is positive, and id rather be entertained by something positive than negative.

I hope you're right.

Because otherwise, he is unnecessarily driving a wedge between him and his boss. Heck, maybe Mr. Ross is on the verge of selling the team and we just don't know it, so he's de-emphasizing the owner because Mr. Ross told him to do so to eliminate any idea that Coach Flores wasn't the first choice of the next owner. That actually makes sense. But, I don't want Coach Flores to get off on the wrong foot when he doesn't need to do so.
What are you even talking about

Maybe. But to me it simply shows he was looking for whatever was the right situation for him. I have no problem with that, but it doesn't really make me feel like he respects, reveres, appreciates, or values the Dolphins franchise, the city of Miami, or the history of this team.

As a fan, I want more than is reasonable. I wanted Tannehill to know every NFL team in every division, and was disappointed when Matt Moore had to tell him who the NFL teams were and in what division, because Tannehill was a college football guy who wasn't really an NFL fan. I realize that Gase and Philbin and Sparano, etc. etc. etc. weren't lifelong Dolphins fans, but at least they knew what was special about the Dolphins, embraced the franchise, the history, the fan base, the city and the team immediately and completely. I want Coach Flores to embrace all of that as well.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if he likes or dislikes the Dolphins, his job is to win. His mandate for 2019 is to lose, which goes against the very thing that is at the heart of what he is being asked to do. So he's in a rough situation. I just hope we're not setting Flores up to be a fall guy. If he embraces the franchise, fans, city, and owner, he is less likely to be a fall guy.
Flores is 37. Why would he know or care about the Fins “history”. It’s actually “ancient history.” And it means absolutely zilch in 2019 through 2023.

The perfect season and all the rest of the folklore doesn’t matter. If he wants to revisit that I’m sure the building is littered with artifacts.

What matters is now. He spent a long time with the patriots and respects the franchise. That’s a good thing. He might know a thing or two how it can be accomplished.

Flores is 37. Why would he know or care about the Fins “history”. It’s actually “ancient history.” And it means absolutely zilch in 2019 through 2023.

The perfect season and all the rest of the folklore doesn’t matter. If he wants to revisit that I’m sure the building is littered with artifacts.

What matters is now. He spent a long time with the patriots and respects the franchise. That’s a good thing. He might know a thing or two how it can be accomplished.
So you're happy hiring a guy to be the leader of a company worth in excess of a billion dollars and you're not at all interested in whether he knows the company's accomplishments, history, or important people?

We don't see this the same way. His young age is a positive, but it is not an excuse for not knowing your franchise's history. For the record, I'd be shocked if he didn't know it … so shocked I wouldn't hire him. But I'm confident that he knows all these things. IMHO, he should be publicly recognizing it, which is what I'm pointing out. Football is entertainment, and the best advertising is winning, but that doesn't mean you abandon everything else. It takes almost no effort to do the little things like a tip of the cap to your fans … and I eagerly await him doing that. Hopefully, meeting with Don Shula for the photo op was more than just a box on his to do list. I trust he will say the right things eventually. You're assertion that he shouldn't know or care about the Dolphins history is … odd from my perspective.

So you're happy hiring a guy to be the leader of a company worth in excess of a billion dollars and you're not at all interested in whether he knows the company's accomplishments, history, or important people?

We don't see this the same way. His young age is a positive, but it is not an excuse for not knowing your franchise's history. For the record, I'd be shocked if he didn't know it … so shocked I wouldn't hire him. But I'm confident that he knows all these things. IMHO, he should be publicly recognizing it, which is what I'm pointing out. Football is entertainment, and the best advertising is winning, but that doesn't mean you abandon everything else. It takes almost no effort to do the little things like a tip of the cap to your fans … and I eagerly await him doing that. Hopefully, meeting with Don Shula for the photo op was more than just a box on his to do list. I trust he will say the right things eventually. You're assertion that he shouldn't know or care about the Dolphins history is … odd from my perspective.
Again these are also major assumptions as to his knowledge of the past and the folklore. Major. As in reading into quotes he’s made in three interviews.

Whether he knows it or not is not that important to me. Does McVeigh have intricate knowledge of Rams history? Does he know who Deacon Jones is and his career stats? Nobody really knows. Whether he does or not probably didn’t get his team to the super bowl.

I'm hoping someone gets the message to him to get out in front of this and get on good terms with the boss by showing him a healthy heap of respect. Currently, he may be digging a grave and I would rather he not do that.

Beyond wowser! That statement (and the premise behind it) transcends hyperbole and threatens the outer limits of daft ridiculousness!

My opinion. Of course.

Beyond that -- I kinda like the fact Flores is NOT an obvious phony coming in here lathering all kind of sweet jingles in the Rossian direction. Seriously -- the LAST THING he needs to be doing is kissins Ross's a$$!

Back
Top Bottom