Good Morning Football Analysis On Flores | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Morning Football Analysis On Flores

Flores is 37. Why would he know or care about the Fins “history”. It’s actually “ancient history.” And it means absolutely zilch in 2019 through 2023.

The perfect season and all the rest of the folklore doesn’t matter. If he wants to revisit that I’m sure the building is littered with artifacts.

What matters is now. He spent a long time with the patriots and respects the franchise. That’s a good thing. He might know a thing or two how it can be accomplished.
And not for nothing but between him and the coaching staff combined there's 19 super rings in the building. How many did we have with gase and his staff?

Again these are also major assumptions as to his knowledge of the past and the folklore. Major. As in reading into quotes he’s made in three interviews.

Whether he knows it or not is not that important to me. Does McVeigh have intricate knowledge of Rams history? Does he know who Deacon Jones is and his career stats? Nobody really knows. Whether he does or not probably didn’t get his team to the super bowl.
No disrespect intended, but now you're just going off on a tangent, and I'm not interested in defending an argument I never made.

I never said Brian Flores didn't know our history. I would be shocked and appalled if he didn't, as that would be lacking even the basics of research, and I'm sure he has done his research. Back it up … I was addressing the fact that Brian Flores didn't acknowledge our history as an important piece. Not a knowledge thing, an understanding thing. He needs to realize that by connecting to that history of extreme success and excellence he can motivate his players, connect with his fans, energize his fanbase, and pay respect to people who he should be paying respect. Anyone who marginalizes his boss, is likely not in the best possible position for when the tough times come--and if we're intending to tank, the tough times are coming soon.

I don't want Flores to become a scapegoat; I want him to build a dynasty. Anyone who is in entertainment--and the NFL is an entertainment industry--should not ignore the chance to connect with the audience and cultivate that relationship, particularly when it is an extremely easy and available opportunity that has a limited window. Flores can't talk about our history 1 year from now and get resonance. If he's going to buy in, it needs to happen this offseason, and so far … he hasn't made that clear.

If we tank, people will be looking for someone to fire, and the Head Coach is the guy most people look at for that. Cam Cameron did not tank, he failed, and considered it failing forward, and didn't grind long hours like most coaches … and he was fired after one terrible season. Our season may look similar to that next year, but unlike Cam's Dolphins, this will be planned. Still, I'd rather pressure not start to mount on Flores. I'd rather Flores not be fired for executing the tanking according to plan. And, I'd rather he not lose his nerve and go on a late season winning patch like Sparano did, causing us to fail miserably at tanking and still lose his job. Nothing good comes from ignoring opportunities.

Beyond wowser! That statement (and the premise behind it) transcends hyperbole and threatens the outer limits of daft ridiculousness!

My opinion. Of course.

Beyond that -- I kinda like the fact Flores is NOT an obvious phony coming in here lathering all kind of sweet jingles in the Rossian direction. Seriously -- the LAST THING he needs to be doing is kissins Ross's a$$!
When you go out of your way to pay the utmost respect to your past boss and ignore or minimize your current boss, like Flores has done in about 4 interviews so far … I don't think we're even in the same universe as kissing someone's azz. If he's kissing anyone's azz, it's Mr. Kraft and the Kraft family. Is that what you want? A coach who puts the Patriots above the Dolphins? That doesn't sound like the BigNastyFish I know.

No disrespect intended, but now you're just going off on a tangent, and I'm not interested in defending an argument I never made.

I never said Brian Flores didn't know our history. I would be shocked and appalled if he didn't, as that would be lacking even the basics of research, and I'm sure he has done his research. Back it up … I was addressing the fact that Brian Flores didn't acknowledge our history as an important piece. Not a knowledge thing, an understanding thing. He needs to realize that by connecting to that history of extreme success and excellence he can motivate his players, connect with his fans, energize his fanbase, and pay respect to people who he should be paying respect. Anyone who marginalizes his boss, is likely not in the best possible position for when the tough times come--and if we're intending to tank, the tough times are coming soon.

I don't want Flores to become a scapegoat; I want him to build a dynasty. Anyone who is in entertainment--and the NFL is an entertainment industry--should not ignore the chance to connect with the audience and cultivate that relationship, particularly when it is an extremely easy and available opportunity that has a limited window. Flores can't talk about our history 1 year from now and get resonance. If he's going to buy in, it needs to happen this offseason, and so far … he hasn't made that clear.

If we tank, people will be looking for someone to fire, and the Head Coach is the guy most people look at for that. Cam Cameron did not tank, he failed, and considered it failing forward, and didn't grind long hours like most coaches … and he was fired after one terrible season. Our season may look similar to that next year, but unlike Cam's Dolphins, this will be planned. Still, I'd rather pressure not start to mount on Flores. I'd rather Flores not be fired for executing the tanking according to plan. And, I'd rather he not lose his nerve and go on a late season winning patch like Sparano did, causing us to fail miserably at tanking and still lose his job. Nothing good comes from ignoring opportunities.

When you go out of your way to pay the utmost respect to your past boss and ignore or minimize your current boss, like Flores has done in about 4 interviews so far … I don't think we're even in the same universe as kissing someone's azz. If he's kissing anyone's azz, it's Mr. Kraft and the Kraft family. Is that what you want? A coach who puts the Patriots above the Dolphins? That doesn't sound like the BigNastyFish I know.
You might feel different and there could be many reasons for that. And that’s ok. But to be honest with you, I live in Germany, been a Dolphins fan for 25 years now and I don’t even remember why I chose the Fins. Friends ask me all the time why the Dolphins because I didn’t and I still have no connection whatsoever to them. But I’m emotionally attached. Brian Flores can be the greatest asshole in the history of mankind, he can suck Kraft’s dick every other day, I don’t give a flying **** about it. As long as the Miami Dolphins win on Sundays, that guy will be my best friend.

Certainly NOT a fan of Flores propensity to kiss the kraft azz but he's effectively a product of their system and certainly will have carryover "loyalty" for a period of time. But I expect all this random noise chatter kraft crap to go away like yesterday and (now that the intro is over) the ONLY subject is The Miami Dolphins in the present and future tense.

Certainly NOT a fan of Flores propensity to kiss the kraft azz but he's effectively a product of their system and certainly will have carryover "loyalty" for a period of time. But I expect all this random noise chatter kraft crap to go away like yesterday and (now that the intro is over) the ONLY subject is The Miami Dolphins in the present and future tense.
This whole discussion and debate is beyond comical. There is no issue here but for some reason is being made into one.

Disrespect to Ross?
Kissing azz of Kraft?
Not acknowledging publicly the Fins history?

There’s nothing to see here. Move on.

This is a results oriented business and to think Flores is gonna motivate Juwann James by showing him Richmond Webb highlights and Kalen Ballage some Larry Csonka highlights is ludicrous. Nearly every franchise has a history of “some” success dating back decades. Not all. But most.

Flores is all in as is Grier. Let’s let them do their work and we can see where we are in 3-5 years. All this pseudo drama is a waste of time.

IMHO, he should treat Mr. Kraft and the Patriot organization with respect and Mr. Ross and the Dolphins organization with at least as much respect. Just my $0.02.

You might feel different and there could be many reasons for that. And that’s ok. But to be honest with you, I live in Germany, been a Dolphins fan for 25 years now and I don’t even remember why I chose the Fins. Friends ask me all the time why the Dolphins because I didn’t and I still have no connection whatsoever to them. But I’m emotionally attached. Brian Flores can be the greatest ******* in the history of mankind, he can suck Kraft’s dick every other day, I don’t give a flying **** about it. As long as the Miami Dolphins win on Sundays, that guy will be my best friend.
That relationship is already forged. With our current plan to tank, I fear that Flores not forging as strong as possible a relationship with the Dolphins organization might cause the tanking backlash to be directed at him, which can only have terrible consequences for the Dolphins and him. I'm hoping he fixes that and builds that relationship while he can.

That relationship is already forged. With our current plan to tank, I fear that Flores not forging as strong as possible a relationship with the Dolphins organization might cause the tanking backlash to be directed at him, which can only have terrible consequences for the Dolphins and him. I'm hoping he fixes that and builds that relationship while he can.
If Flores is a good head coach we will not tank this year. If we tank, he’s not head coach material and I couldn’t care less what relationships he did or didn’t fix.

Regardless of whether you like GMFB or not (I preferred the previous show they had in that spot, more newsy and less hip), it is good that they do in fact cover the Dolphins more than any other NFL Network show. Peter Schrager and the dude from the Bachelor both seem to have a soft spot for the Dolphins, which makes this show unique on the NFL Network. In fact, national media only really covers us when there's a scandal, so it is a very welcome surprise.

I don't really care that he can't speak well, lots of people who aren't used to speaking in public repeat stuff a lot and say umm and uhhh many times in between thoughts.

As for Flores, I've seen 3 interviews now (Congemi, Dolphins press conference, PFT phone interview), every time he shows great respect for Mr. Kraft and does not even mention Mr. Ross or only in a passing reference when saying "Chris and Steve" … he should have fixed this lack of respect thing by now. But he never acts like it is an honor to be a part of this team. He never acts like this franchise is a big deal. He keeps underlining that there are only 32 of these jobs. Its like he didn't care at all that he was up for the Dolphins job, just that he got a head coaching position and in the grand scheme of things, this is just one of the 'other' teams he doesn't respect, as opposed to the Patriots who he views as a great franchise worthy of respect.

I gotta say, it's starting to annoy me. Figure it out already Flores, respect the team that, until 2003 was the winningest team in NFL history (got that from the 3 yards per carry podcast, thanks Alf and CK!). As fans, it's not much, but we expect our leaders to respect our history … and Flores clearly doesn't. I hope he figures it out soon.
I hear you on this. Can he name the 1st president of the USA? That’s the true test!

You mean he should be “Tannenbauming”!!!

I think I agree with third eye. Digital is one of the reasons I come to this site but I don't know if I'm going to read so much into Flores brief comments to date. The guy is in a whirlwind. The Playoffs, the Super Bowl, the new job, moving his huge family to Miami and so much more. If I was Flore's agent I might suggest that he call Mr Ross Mr Ross, at least publicly from now on. He'll get on board with the Dolphin's history etc. but mostly we need him to grind and teach and build and bring some of that NE mojo to the Dolphins.

I'm really glad Gase is gone. I was really tired of his smartest guy in the room bull**** coupled with his arrogance and pitiful performances on the field. Now we have a hard core football coach. I wish him all the good luck in the world. With some of the pieces we already have I'm excited to see the Flores defense. We have our coach and I'm liking his staff. Now let's get a QB.

If Flores is a good head coach we will not tank this year. If we tank, he’s not head coach material and I couldn’t care less what relationships he did or didn’t fix.
So GRUDEN, in your opinion, is not head coach material Spiff? Interesting...

You mean he should be “Tannenbauming”!!!
You make a good point. Tannenbaum is a perfect example of the longevity someone can have simply by doing the basics of establishing a sound relationship with the boss. If Flores neglects doing this, he is asking to be placed front and center when the backlash of tanking comes and the team looks for a scapegoat. We all know that everyone in a football organization is ultimately judged on wins. What if Jimmy Johnson were judged on his first season with the Cowboys under his good friend Jerry Jones? His story would be similar to that of Cam Cameron, a 1 win first season and then getting fired, most likely without another NFL head coaching job ever being offered. I'd rather see Flores get that chance to rebuild the Dolphins, and I'd rather he do it with a top prospect at QB on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom