Good new on DE David Bowens. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good new on DE David Bowens.

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
According to the Sun Sentinel...

BOWENS MENDING

Defensive end David Bowens said he is ahead of schedule in recovery from knee surgery. Bowens tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in early July. He said the knee is tested every few days to gauge its strength and that doctors told him it's healing faster than expected.

Bowens said he should be cleared to run at the 10-week mark, which would be mid-September. The Dolphins expect him to be out until at least November. ...

That means we could get the guy back more toward the mid-season mark and work him back into the rotation if we're suffering a little bit in the passrush area.

i don´t know if we can expect anything from him, when he comes back, i doubt it actually

:up:

Bowens is one guy we can do without because we are stacked at DE, but having him back would just make us better.

I'd still put him on the PUP and make a decision during the 3-week window. That would mean that we'd have until the 1st week of November to make a decision on him.

Dont get too excited over this news.. I too had an ACL repair, I swore up n down I was going to rehab so much I could return to the softball field in 3 months.. the doc originally estimated 1 year and I thot he was crazy..

Well.. 1 year later I was back to about 85%...

ACL are tuff injuries to overcome and rule of thumb is always 1 year.. Good Luck Bowens.. I'd love to see you prove me wrong..

So if Bowens gets put on the PUP, does Grigsby make the team as the 5th DE (with 4 DTs being kept) or do we keep a 6th LB?

We'll keep 6 LBs anyway. But the extra spot will likely be between a 5th DE or a 5th CB.

Originally posted by Muck
We'll keep 6 LBs anyway. But the extra spot will likely be between a 5th DE or a 5th CB.

I would perfer a 4th RB.:D

Originally posted by Den54

I would perfer a 4th RB.:D
not likely since we'll keep RW, Minor, Henry or Edwards
Konrad and Femi or Irvin
and Rogers is technically a RB

I hope Bowens can come back ASAP. The sooner, the better. Hopefully he can come back at a 100%.

I think we definitely keep a 5th CB. I can't remember the last time that we kept less than 10 DBs...we usually keep 11. But that won't happen this year because of Rogers being the 4th RB. Last year we kept 8 OL but Dixon wasn't hurt to start the year.

i would like to trade edwards or henry and keep 3 rbs also rogers, and keep 5 dbs... we got lots of good reserve defensive backs..

bdw is right on the money, as much as i tend to think we can get away with keeping 8 or 9 DBs, we usually keep at least 10 or 11.

I foresee a 5th DE being kept because of injury to Burnett.

I foresee 5 CBs and 5 safeties...6 LBs, 6 RBs (including Rogers), 4 TEs, 3 QBs, 5 WRs, 2 STs (P/K), 9 DL, and 8 OL

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I foresee a 5th DE being kept because of injury to Burnett.

I foresee 5 CBs and 5 safeties...6 LBs, 6 RBs (including Rogers), 4 TEs, 3 QBs, 5 WRs, 2 STs (P/K), 9 DL, and 8 OL

I tend to agree with you here but is the 5th potential DE worth keeping over the 9th OL??? My guess would be Billy Yates over Otis Grigsby. Assuming the back up OL
are:
6.Mckinney or Ruddy
7.Wade Smith
8.Jerman
9.Yates
Backup DEs:
3.Jay Williams
4.Rob Burnett
5.Otis Grigsby
I'm not sure here as I have not seen or noticed enough of either. Either could probably be stashed on the practice squad???

Back
Top Bottom