Good News/Bad News fro Flores...it all depends (repost?) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News/Bad News fro Flores...it all depends (repost?)

We cant win any more games. We need a qb in the first round. Rosen is terrible. No pocket presence
. Terrible accuracy thatz why the cardinals gave up on him. Rosen is a bust. Mark it down.

Don't you think they should at least throw him in there a few more games this season if they're serious about giving him a shot at the starting job next season?
No they shouldn't. Flores and Co said from day one that they see this year as Rosen's first year. They took him based on what he was projected and erased the **** show from Arizona. A lot of rookie QBs sit the first year if they have a vet in front of them who can get us the occasional win. I am a huge proponent of a rookie QB sitting in his first year. I always had the opinion that Tannehill starting right out of the gates was a mistake. The only time you want tostart a rookie is if your starting QB sucks or if you do not have another QB.
If your rookie QB has the luxury of sitting in his first year he'll be better prepared. In today's society where immediate gratification is prevailing over patience the fact that a rookie QB can learn the ins and outs of an NFL QB from the sideline is severely underated or completely disregarded.

Believe me they know what they have or don't have in Rosen. The only way he sees action this year is if Fitz turns into Fitztragic for a couple games or in blowouts (either way).

Why? Pretty much everybody said that Rosen is a two-year project. People think he is sitting because the staff doesn't believe in him. He got pulled because the staff figured that Fitzpatrick's experience increases our chances to win a game here and there. The problem with evaluating Rosen is that putting a young QB with a young support cast out there would eliminate the chance for any growth on offense for any player.
One of the biggest factor for a very young team to grow is the taste of success.

I don't know if they pick a QB or not this draft. I am just saying that it would not surprise me if they decide to get all the other components first and give Rosen a fair chance to be evaluated next year before tossing him overboard.

The one thing we should have learned this year is that Grier and Flores pick players and trade players for a reason and with a certain idea. They traded a late 2nd rounder for a reason.

No matter what happens with Rosen and us I do not want to see him ending up in NE.
Yeah. Not saying Rosen won’t be in the mix, but if you were making a bet on the future of your franchise, I would think one of the most important pieces you could get would be a franchise QB, and since we don’t have one, you can bet we will take a shot on at least one of them in this draft.

Don't you think they should at least throw him in there a few more games this season if they're serious about giving him a shot at the starting job next season?

No, not really. He will come in when Fitz blows up or gets hurt.

Other than that. Clipboard is fine. Learn offense. Learn progressions. This is old school pocket QB 101.

They don’t plan on being in the top 5 or 6 long.

I’m already gonna take your money on a qb with the Miami pick or a trade up I’ll double down if you want to bet that they don’t draft a qb in the 1st round period.

Lol.

We can tweak it or add to it leading up to the draft.

FYI

We cant win any more games. We need a qb in the first round. Rosen is terrible. No pocket presence
. Terrible accuracy thatz why the cardinals gave up on him. Rosen is a bust. Mark it down.
I get it you don't like him, have never liked him, and never will.

The two things you said about him are not true though. His pocket awareness, and accuracy are fine.

He can coach them up all he wants but the talent level of this team will lose many more that they can win. Look at the second halves of games, the other coaches find our 'player' weaknesses and exploit them with better athletes.

Yeah. Not saying Rosen won’t be in the mix, but if you were making a bet on the future of your franchise, I would think one of the most important pieces you could get would be a franchise QB, and since we don’t have one, you can bet we will take a shot on at least one of them in this draft.
This is a multi-year rebuild project. At best 3 years (counting from last offseason) and at worst 4 to 5 years (counting from last offseason). I am not saying they are bypassing a QB but I would not be surprised if we would by-pass a QB this year. If we have a top 10 pick and are outside of any QBs we might like we could use that pick for ransom. KC moved up from 22 to 10 to get Mahomes and traded their first round pick plus the first round pick for the next year and a slew of later picks. A move like that could literally fix the team in one offseason (adding FA and UDFA to it). Then see what Rosen got and if not get your QB the following year.
We already have two 1st round picks in 2021. Add an additional 1st round pick from a possible trade and you have plenty of ammunition to get any QB you want in 2021 and the best thing: you put that QB in a position to succeed rather than getting a QB into a patchwork organization next year.

This is a multi-year rebuild project. At best 3 years (counting from last offseason) and at worst 4 to 5 years (counting from last offseason). I am not saying they are bypassing a QB but I would not be surprised if we would by-pass a QB this year. If we have a top 10 pick and are outside of any QBs we might like we could use that pick for ransom. KC moved up from 22 to 10 to get Mahomes and traded their first round pick plus the first round pick for the next year and a slew of later picks. A move like that could literally fix the team in one offseason (adding FA and UDFA to it). Then see what Rosen got and if not get your QB the following year.
We already have two 1st round picks in 2021. Add an additional 1st round pick from a possible trade and you have plenty of ammunition to get any QB you want in 2021 and the best thing: you put that QB in a position to succeed rather than getting a QB into a patchwork organization next year.
There are way too many good prospects for us to pass one up this year. Doesn’t mean we won’t take another one next year too depending upon what is shown by the QB room that we have, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Fitz starts next year with competition between potentially Rosen and a QB prospect that we draft this year, probably in the first, or potentially top of the second, but there is no way we don’t take a shot on someone at least like Fromm, Herbert (if available and liked), Love, or maybe even Jalen Hurts. I just could not see that happening because it wouldn’t be smart and I think that this coaching staff and this new combo of Flores/Marvin Allen/Grier is too smart to pass up on taking a shot at a QB prospect in this draft especially when this QB class looks pretty strong and fairly deep.

But, I guess we’ll see won’t we? At the end of the Day, this team hasn’t always done the smart thing have they?

There are way too many good prospects for us to pass one up this year. Doesn’t mean we won’t take another one next year too depending upon what is shown by the QB room that we have, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Fitz starts next year with competition between potentially Rosen and a QB prospect that we draft this year, probably in the first, or potentially top of the second, but there is no way we don’t take a shot on someone at least like Fromm, Herbert (if available and liked), Love, or maybe even Jalen Hurts. I just could not see that happening because it wouldn’t be smart and I think that this coaching staff and this new combo of Flores/Marvin Allen/Grier is too smart to pass up on taking a shot at a QB prospect in this draft especially when this QB class looks pretty strong and fairly deep.

But, I guess we’ll see won’t we? At the end of the Day, this team hasn’t always done the smart thing have they?
Yep and forget the past. We are turning the page. Trust the process.

I wonder, to what extent, the current FO/coaching staff ideas of what a franchise QB looks like agrees with the fans ideas.

Clearly they valued Josh Rosen higher than Ryan Tannehill. One could argue it was all about money, but we had plenty of money. I'd be hard pressed to look at what Rosen has done in the league and conclude he is a far better choice.

I'm left thinking the top traits they want value decision making far more than arm talent. They want the ball out in 2 seconds. They want the sure thing over the spectacular pass. They won't tolerate negative plays. Throw the ball away, and if you tuck it and run, don't take an unnecessary hit. Never take a sack and don't turn the ball over. All things most fans would label as a game manager rather than a franchise QB.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't draft a QB in 2020. I just think we might be surprised by who they pick.

Right now I'd say top tier, in no particular order, is Tagovailoa, Herbert, and Burrow. Next tier looks like Fromm, Eason, Love, and maybe Hurts, Tier 3 are guys like Ehlinger, Montez, and Costello.

I would think they would gladly take Tagovailoa if he was there with our pick. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if they had Fromm rated next, assuming Burrow is gone.

Makes sense to me.

I would say, though, I think Rosen might have the inside track on the starter role, assuming he becomes more adept at reads, and protections. Let's face it, Fitz is what he is, and will be another year older, not to mention the fact that Josh can make throws that Ryan can't.

No matter who we draft, I doubt Flores throws him out there before he is ready.

Someone posted an interesting theory that staff actually like Rosen and they pulled him to protect him. Not sure if it has any merit but interesting theory.
Imo they pulled him for his own good, he had lost his rhythm, confidence and had disheveled mechanics..Have to play a different game whether you like it or not..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom