Good News/Bad News fro Flores...it all depends (repost?) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News/Bad News fro Flores...it all depends (repost?)

Someone posted an interesting theory that staff actually like Rosen and they pulled him to protect him. Not sure if it has any merit but interesting theory.

I do not agree he was pulled to protect him. They pulled him to develop his baseline knowledge. A recent article that mentioned they quiz him after every throw with questions like what was the coverage you saw, where was your hot route, what is the ideal protection for what you saw, or did you correctly identify the mike. This staff will develop every player to their potential. A player may be dropped or traded at some point in the future, but they will not stop coaching up the player. That is why I have such high expectations for the future. This staff i significantly better than the last three staffs.

I could still see us drafting Tua in round 1. With where we wind up record-wise, especially if we win a few more, it may be the best option left (injury and all).

I get many of you have written him off, just saying the Dolphins may not be as quick to do so if a full recovery is on the table. Seems like we are (finally) one of the few teams who aren’t feeling immense pressure to win quickly.

Not in 2020. Maybe if he red shirts and plays another season of ball 2021.

They will use their draft capital + FA to rebuild both lines and secondary, they will draft a dev QB and RB, Rosen will be the odds on favorite to start going into camp. Anyone who believes otherwise is just kidding themselves. One more thing. IMO there isn’t a college QB coming out who is good enough to start or unseat Rosen next year. We will rinse/repeat in the next draft until we find our franchise QB.

Well, I agree with you that the team should not draft a QB just to draft a QB. I'm saying that all things equal you take the QB first. Having said that, after that injury to Tua last night it throws off a few things. I've pretty much given up thinking we can get the top pick so there goes Burrow. Now I'd not draft Tua even if he's clear. I feel bad for the kid cause he seems like a very nice guy but I can see him getting hurt again or maybe not ever been the same. Hard to tell right now so that leaves us with option #3 and who would that be? Herbert or Fromm? Not really crazy about either of those so at the end of the day we might have to draft other positions early after all.

Exactly. Thats all im saying.

Maybe there is something to sitting Rosen and letting him learn the system,as of right now I am not impressed with how Mayfield ,Darnold or Allen are playing. They were all throw in the fire and all look average at best .

Not in 2020. Maybe if he red shirts and plays another season of ball 2021.

Thatd be too risky for him to go back. Think he still warrants a late first/early second based off potential. If he sits and comes back and doesn’t play that good then there goes his shot.

Maybe there is something to sitting Rosen and letting him learn the system,as of right now I am not impressed with how Mayfield ,Darnold or Allen are playing. They were all throw in the fire and all look average at best .
I don't know what they were assuming when they made the Rosen trade, but I agree that sitting him was, ultimately, the best chance for him to develop into something.

He has the tools, but he never received the coaching to attain his full potential, whatever that may be.

IDK much about the program he came out of, but that disfunctional AZ organization probably set him back, rather than developed the man.

From what I've read, he came here not understanding basic things, and his study habits were not structured in any particular way.

Only time will tell, but I really expect him to be starting for us to open next season. How long that lasts depends on how much command he has gained of the system, vs how quickly whoever we draft gets up to speed.

I don't see how you learn this without actual action. At his age going into his 3rd year you don't learn progressions through film and get better. That's all through experience and actually being in the pocket. And old school pocket QB 101 doesn't sound well in today's NFL where much of what is consider old school doesn't translate and or is obsolete today. Hence why many 1st round QBs can start day 1 no problem even if they were drafted in the 2nd round. Clip boarding in his 2nd year though? Unless he has Tannehill's low sample track record in college I don't see it ever being a good thing and if God forbid it doesn't work out then it's a disaster. In the NFL you don't have the luxury to waste much time. Windoes get shorter for players in their prime and contract issues start showing up in your roster while wasting their good years/remaining time in their contracts due to not having a QB on the team

Fitz or a coach recently mentioned an approach being used with Rosen. After every throw during practice, they quiz him
  • What was the coverage?
  • Where was the Mike?
  • Where was your hot?
It is clear that they have not given up and are investing to coach him up. Raising his base knowledge, analysis skills, reading coverage skill is a positive. He does need game reps, but it does make sense to give him the best chance to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom