Good News: Dion Jordan's suspension frees up $3 million in 2015 cap space | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News: Dion Jordan's suspension frees up $3 million in 2015 cap space

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
So in a way, Dion Jordan's suspension might make Miami a better team, since we now have more cap space to sign free agents.

If there is a silver lining for the Dolphins, it’s this: Jordan’s suspension will free up roughly $3 million in 2015 cap space. And the Dolphins are relatively deep at defensive end, with Cameron Wake, Olivier Vernon, Derrick Shelby and Terrence Fede set to split up the snaps.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article19806363.html

What is the bet that Mr Ross suggests that we get a very thorough search of available players to ensure no substance abuse issues.

still think we hammer something out with philly and that Mathis will be involved...

Its like he screwed us twice because he didn't get suspended until after all the worth while free agents are gone. Im not sure of when the front office and the organization knew of the failed test but if they just found out recently that really is a bummer.

Not only do we not get to use the player, but we don't really get to use the money saved. F*** Dion.

So in a way, Dion Jordan's suspension might make Miami a better team, since we now have more cap space to sign free agents.
Sort of like driving off a cliff in your Maserati and thinking about your car insurance and health insurance.

What is the bet that Mr Ross suggests that we get a very thorough search of available players to ensure no substance abuse issues.

I think the way Ross keeps extending people not getting the job done , he may need a drug test lol

I tell you what it has done, it has opened the draft up a lot more now. Teams wanting a pass rushing olb or DE just might offer a decent trade option should vic Beasley or someone else fall.

still think we hammer something out with philly and that Mathis will be involved...

Well according to reports the dolphins don't want mathis, they have said that they wanted a late round draft pick for Jordon so I think no chance that happens unless he is cut

Before the suspension, if we traded Jordan, we take a $6M hit and if we cut him, we take a $6M hit. In both cases we lose about $800K on this years cap space. A June 1 designation would have split the hit at $3M this year and $3M next year, saving $2.3M on this year's cap space.

After the suspension, we take a $3M hit but save $2.3M on this year's cap. If we cut him now, I believe we will have the same $6M cap hit but free up that money for next year. I do not know what effect, if any, cutting a suspended player would have.

Regardless, we will still be taking a $6M hit this year or between this year and next year. It's just a matter of how and when. Also, Jordan can apply for re-instatement next year with his current contract.

The dolphins have to make a decision here before we actually know how he will affect our cap this year and next year. It is still very much up in the air. JMO

How good was that Federal draft pick now, man do I love Hickey. Needs always pop up and I love how he drafts off talent instead of need

Sort of like driving off a cliff in your Maserati and thinking about your car insurance and health insurance.

I agree with the thought, but Jordan looked like a Maserati and he ran like a Yugo..he was pretty useless to the Dolphins all in all.

Jordan is on the shelf until next year. Maybe we can trade him to Philly in 2016? :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom