Good QB breakdown from Greg Cosell | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good QB breakdown from Greg Cosell

I have to wonder how much interest there would be in Love if Patrick Mahomes was not so great.

I think when people look at Love they see the potential of him becoming Mahomes because he physically resembles him.

At this point I think I would be more willing to gamble on Love than Herbert. I think Love could be coached up, I am afraid Herbert's weaknesses can't be fixed.

Then again Herbert might be the best QB from this Draft in 5 year...........................I am glad I do not have to make the call.
It's a tough call for sure. Most Dolphins fans would be jumping up and down for joy if the team drafted Tua. But he could end up like Andrew Luck, oft injured and an early retiree.

Herbert was clearly better than both Love and Hurts In the Senior Bowl. Not sure that means much. But it could indicate he's a quick study.

I get the feeling that Herbert won't be a bust, but he also might not exactly be the answer either.

I think Love and Hurts are very intriguing, but that's also balanced with getting an elite talent at #5 like Brown or Simmons.

Does he throw a football?
I get that. I fully expect Miami to take a quarterback at #5, unless they have Love and Herbert ranked pretty close. In that case, I could see the team drafting an elite talent and moving up for one of those two.

I agree with you on Rosen, and I still wouldn't be shocked if he's Miami's QB in the years to come.

I can't agree with you on a DT. When is the last time a game changing DT won a Super Bowl? Probably have to go back to Vince Wolfork or Warren Sapp, but neither of those teams won because the the DT, although you might be able to make an argument that Sapp was the biggest reason for Tampa but the game has changed.

I would be fine with building the team and putting Rosen back there with a simplified offense, but if that's the case build the line. Use that #5 pick for the best OT available.

we mostly agree -- meaning I don't disagree with looking @OT @5 but...
dudes that change the game on the LOS are super rare and their benefits
cascade like a waterfall over the entire team -- D & O!

Impact is impact and it's not the exclusive province of the QB position.
It's 1000% true there are very few Marino's of Mahomes so basing your
future fortunes on such rare (singular) commodities is... wishful thinking
IMO. BUT

the good news is -- once in a while -- you're in a position to grab a dude that
literally redefines your team at a fundamental level... I believe Brown is
that kind of talent.

Doesn't mean QB is non-essential. But don't discount the dominance of a kid
like Brown when he's placed in the IDEAL situation with a D minded HC!

we mostly agree -- meaning I don't disagree with looking @OT @5 but...
dudes that change the game on the LOS are super rare and their benefits
cascade like a waterfall over the entire team -- D & O!

Impact is impact and it's not the exclusive province of the QB position.
It's 1000% true there are very few Marino's of Mahomes so basing your
future fortunes on such rare (singular) commodities is... wishful thinking
IMO. BUT

the good news is -- once in a while -- you're in a position to grab a dude that
literally redefines your team at a fundamental level... I believe Brown is
that kind of talent.

Doesn't mean QB is non-essential. But don't discount the dominance of a kid
like Brown when he's placed in the IDEAL situation with a D minded HC!
If Miami takes Brown, it also doesn't mean they can't deal back up for a quarterback either.

I'm obviously not a scout, but I'd bet Brown ends up being elite. I'm not as sure about the quarterbacks.

If Miami takes Brown, it also doesn't mean they can't deal back up for a quarterback either.

I'm obviously not a scout, but I'd bet Brown ends up being elite. I'm not as sure about the quarterbacks.

100% right. I think Brown is as close to a lock as you'll find.

As a certified liberal I don't want to take silly risks when we have a sure thing on the board!

:lol:

We have QB talent to develop on the roster and we certainly have sufficient draft ammo to

add additional talent...

100% right. I think Brown is as close to a lock as you'll find.

As a certified liberal I don't want to take silly risks when we have a sure thing on the board!

:lol:

We have QB talent to develop on the roster and we certainly have sufficient draft ammo to

add additional talent...
I really think adding Brown could make the defense top 10 or better.

Suddenly, your quarterback can be more conservative. That was a winning formula for New England for 20 years.

I understand the questions at quarterback and I don't discount the need there.

The thing about Derrick Brown is his versatility. I can envision him playing at RDE on early downs and moving inside on passing downs or vise versa. He'll definitely be a force against the run. Helping shore up a huge weakness for Miami. But it's what he'd bring to the overall defense that's intriguing.

All this talk of Chase Young when Brown is the best player in this class. Also funny no one seems to mock him to Detroit. I don't believe we trade up but if I'm Detroit and Miami offers me Howard and 5 I'm jumping. Howard plus Brown looks alot better than just Okudah

Suddenly, your quarterback can be more conservative. That was a winning formula for New England for 20 years.

Dare I say... You're addressing the "team" dynamic and I 100% concur.

Best QB ever in the universe and .................. NO championships but

all we need is a Tua bit of this or some Love and *presto* instant

gratification! Me personally -- I'd thoroughly enjoy winning as a complete team.

But I also LOVE watching a dominant D dismantle the opposing O.

Whatever. I say give Flores the picks he needs to assimilate the talent he believes in!

Figure Board goes: Burrow, Young, Okudah, NYG OT... Miami goes QB.
I can see Brown falling some.
Chargers: QB
Panthers: QB or Simmons
Cards: OT have to protect Kyler
#9 Jags- possible landing spot
Jets: WR? OT? Figure Gase goes OFF
Brown: OT
Would we trade up from #18 to 9. Possible.
Unlikely.

Of all the perceived top quarterbacks in this draft, Love has some of the best and worst tape.

He also hasn't had the advantage of Burrow, Tua or Hurts in regard to coaching and talent around him.

Not advocating for Love, but that has to be considered. If his weaknesses are coachable. no question he has the talent.

I agree with you. He shows some really nice things and some real head scratchers. Once you get outside of Burrow and Tua there just sin't a QB I am sold on. Even with those two there are questions. It's a tough QB draft for sure. At least Miami is in a good situation that they don't need a guy to come in and start right away.

Figure Board goes: Burrow, Young, Okudah, NYG OT... Miami goes QB.
I can see Brown falling some.
Chargers: QB
Panthers: QB or Simmons
Cards: OT have to protect Kyler
#9 Jags- possible landing spot
Jets: WR? OT? Figure Gase goes OFF
Brown: OT
Would we trade up from #18 to 9. Possible.
Unlikely.
I think we are still talking about a two year rebuild. For that reason, the draft should be about getting the best talent.

Brown is definitely someone I'd consider trading up for depending on how far he falls. In your scenario, it might take picks #18 and #26.

I think we are still talking about a two year rebuild. For that reason, the draft should be about getting the best talent.

Brown is definitely someone I'd consider trading up for depending on how far he falls. In your scenario, it might take picks #18 and #26.

I m not sure I would part with 18 & 26.
At 18 I can get a Chaisson, Delpit maybes Top WR.
Coming around to 26 an OT or the Michigan C... That’s 2 solid starters vs an elite DT.

Tough call. 18 and 2021 Rd2 and I’m in.

I m not sure I would part with 18 & 26.
At 18 I can get a Chaisson, Delpit maybes Top WR.
Coming around to 26 an OT or the Michigan C... That’s 2 solid starters vs an elite DT.

Tough call. 18 and 2021 Rd2 and I’m in.
It's definitely fun to talk about. Right now, Miami probably has the worst offensive tackle tandem in the NFL. I'd really want to position myself to get one if I'm in charge, especially since this is a good draft for that position.

Might get Jones or Jackson at #26. If you trade that pick, you've got to look at your tackle options in round 2.

It's definitely fun to talk about. Right now, Miami probably has the worst offensive tackle tandem in the NFL. I'd really want to position myself to get one if I'm in charge, especially since this is a good draft for that position.

Might get Jones or Jackson at #26. If you trade that pick, you've got to look at your tackle options in round 2.
Agreed it’s tempting. Insert Brown at DT and a Rd2 Safety makes this top 10 DEF.

Back
Top Bottom