Good stuff from the Sun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good stuff from the Sun

That's interesting, but I seriously doubt it's accurate....

OG T. Perry over L. Searcy???.....

DE J. Williams over R. Burnett???.....

Unless T. Perry plays MUCH BETTER, he might not even make the roster. We haven't even seen what J. Williams can do at DE on this defense yet, and they already have him ahead of R. Burnett who's been here for all of the mini-camps. It just doesn't sound accurate to me...

I'd be willing to bet that J. Williams doesn't even unseat DE D. Bowens. J. Williams was brought in for depth more than anything IMO.

PHINZ RULE!!!

I still hate the fact Jeff Ogden is still our starting KR/PR he makes me crinch every time he touches the ball!!

Originally posted by chambers84
I still hate the fact Jeff Ogden is still our starting KR/PR he makes me crinch every time he touches the ball!!

LOLOL So true. Everytime I see him looking to the sky with his hands out. I do the same thing. Only he's trying to catch the ball and I'm praying to God that he does!

I think Jay Williams starts over Rob Burnett. I think we'll save Burnett for later in games and passing/pressure downs.

I think that Perry did a good job last year considering everything that happened in his life and to the OL. That said, I think Searcy probably beats him out and we keep him for depth.

Jay Williams will help our team, and i think our d-line will be almost as dominating as it was when dg started. he only averaged about 8-9 games a year the last two so a healthy jay and rob will be just as good a kenny mixon and trace armstrong

Jay Williams will most likely play LDE on run downs and move inside on pass downs. Thats why we traded for him, to replace DG's role just at a reduced price (and talent level).

Rob Burnett's role right now is pretty cloudy I think. He will play most definitely, but he was not signed to start and just because we got rid of DG and replaced him with Jay Williams, it doesn't mean that will change at all. Remember the reason he was let go and signed for cheap in the first place was because of his age (37 yrs old) and his injury problems last year. He's got some pep left in him but he doesn't have the stamina for a full season as a starter I don't think. That said it would seem easy to say he will be used in a Trace Armstrong type role but thats not precisely true either. He's got the ability to play inside on pass downs, and that means he'll be competing with Ogunleye, D.Bowens, and Ernest Grant to see how the rotation is going to shape up. He'll be in on pass downs no matter what the question is where. If D.Bo or O-Gun are more effective than Burnett at DE while Burnett is more effective at DT than Ernest Grant then Rob will play inside with Jay Williams on passdowns. Even if Rob is more effective on the outside than D.Bo or A-O, if Ernest Grant just can't cut it we'll probably see Rob inside with Jay.

However, if Rob just seems way more effective at passrush LDE than either D.Bo or A-O, and/or Ernest Grant just looks super-impressive, then we'll be using Rob more like we did Trade...at end on pass downs.

This all goes with a primarily hitch...cuz I'm sure no matter what the outcome we'll be switching it all up a little bit to keep people fresh and to throw a wrench into the other teams blocking schemes.

Right now is had to predict any thing on LE ...The whole position is cloudy...I hope Wanstead just go by who has the best camp not just by who has more exparience ......

Wanny is not that type of coach ...whoever has the best camp will play and that means every where .With the exception of williams and chambers and fiedler nothing is set on offense...on defense we have jt surtain,madison,zach,after that we could see some juggling by wanny .......although i would think greenwood and marion are locks at those spots and perhaps rodgers at the other linebacker spot ..but after his arrest we will have to wait and see.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Jay Williams will most likely play LDE on run downs and move inside on pass downs. Thats why we traded for him, to replace DG's role just at a reduced price (and talent level).

Rob Burnett's role right now is pretty cloudy I think. He will play most definitely, but he was not signed to start and just because we got rid of DG and replaced him with Jay Williams, it doesn't mean that will change at all.
==============================================
BLITZ RESPONSE: Other than being in a panic mode once DG was released, I really have no idea why J. Williams was signed at all other than for depth concerns....

Your saying he'll be moved to DT on passing downs??....I'd like to know where that came from???....

He can't rush the QB worth beans.....

We didn't sign DE J. Williams to replace D. Gardener either. We signed L. Chester to replace D. Gardener.

ON R. BURNETT : DE R. Burnett is now our best pass rusher opposite J. Taylor, and D. Bowens is right behind him and pushing for that position.

R. Burnett was looking very good at mini-camp as well. Just because he's 37, doesn't mean he can't be a productive pass rusher for an entire season.

He wasn't signed to start because we had DG slated to start at DE. So is R. Burnett still #2 on the depth chart behind D. Bowens and J. Williams???....I don't think so.

I think R. Burnett will start at LDE. He will be backed by D. Bowens. DE J. Williams to start, is a long reach.....
{Parrot quote}: He'll be in on pass downs no matter what the question is where. If D.Bo or O-Gun are more effective than Burnett at DE while Burnett is more effective at DT than Ernest Grant then Rob will play inside with Jay Williams on passdowns. Even if Rob is more effective on the outside than D.Bo or A-O, if Ernest Grant just can't cut it we'll probably see Rob inside with Jay.
BLITZ RESPOSE : You've totally lost me with this one. DE's R. Burnet and J. Williams miving inside to DT???.....I hope your not serious. You've got one crazy imagination....
{Parrot quote}: However, if Rob just seems way more effective at pass rush LDE than either D.Bo or A-O, and/or Ernest Grant just looks super-impressive, then we'll be using Rob more like we did Trade...at end on pass downs.
BLITZ RESPONSE: First of all. E. Grant is a DT. He won't be competing with D. Bowens and A. Ogunleye at all....
{Parrot quote}:This all goes with a primarily hitch...cuz I'm sure no matter what the outcome we'll be switching it all up a little bit to keep people fresh and to throw a wrench into the other teams blocking schemes.
BLITZ RESPONSE : Sorry, I meant to post all of this outside of the quote area. Read the qoutes and my responses inside that area.

We'll be rotating at DE quite a bit. I expect R. Burnett and D. Bowens to be the most productive out of the current list of DE's we've got......as far as pressuring the QB goes.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Wanne has said J Williams will move inside on passing downs/as a pass rusher. I would also throw in the Wanne has shown the ability to decide on players due largely to their efforts in practice and in the off season, ie Jay Fiedler in 2000) and discount any brief disappointments in the pre-season. PS games can be a real difficult to read success in because you have to factor in the quality the opposing team has on the field at the time.

I do agree (now) w/the point that the younger J Williams is more suited to start at LDE and be relieved by Burnett.

I doubt we gave up a 4th rd pick for depth. Dave must really like Jay and I think he'll most definitely start the first preseason game and see where guys shake up after that. I like D.Bowens alot but he is only a pass rusher and Dave knows that Williams is only a run stuffer which is a good situation to have with several guys who can move to other spots and rush the passer.

I don't think our D-line is in as bad a shape as alot of players do. We have young potential who merely need a chance.

Back
Top Bottom