Good thing we didn't draft Ryan Swope? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good thing we didn't draft Ryan Swope?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Schefter is reporting that Swope still hasn't practiced with the Cardinals due to ongoing problems related to concussions.

A lot of us were begging the Dolphins to draft him, but it looks like our staff may have made the right call... If he is having these problems as a rookie, I can't see him having a long career.

He was drafted in the 6th round. Epitome of high reward/low risk. He might not work out but how many good players have we gotten in the 6 th round the past decade?

edit: just looked it up and our best 6th round picks since 1995 were yeremiah bell, Ed perry and Shawn wooden. The rest have been trash or just above trash.

Hopefully he can get past these issues, maybe "red-shirt" him this year?

I think our staff may very well have been "high" on him, (too many things lined up to ignore) however, i'm sure after they reviewed the medical they took him off the board.

He was drafted in the 6th round. Epitome of high reward/low risk. He might not work out but how many good players have we gotten in the 6 th round the past decade?

edit: just looked it up and our best 6th round picks since 1995 were Ed perry and Shawn wooden. The rest have been trash or just above trash.

Yeremiah Bell was drafted in the 6th round.

The concussion stuff was well known. I posted about it a lot. Not to mention I thought he was overrated as a player.

Austin Collie is a proven NFL player with the same problems. If you were willing to live with a concussion history he could have been had without spending a draft pick and with an actual pedigree.

Reminds me of Jahvid Best who had multiple concussion issues at Cal and was still drafted in the 1st round by Detroit. I don't think he even played last year due to concussion issues. Of course that was a much higher risk for Detroit.

edit: just looked it up and our best 6th round picks since 1995 were yeremiah bell, Ed perry and Shawn wooden. The rest have been trash or just above trash.

Charles Clay was drafted in the 6th round - I see lots of potentials there

He was drafted in the 6th round. Epitome of high reward/low risk.

I'd say its more of a high reward/high risk player. I don't think 4 concussions before he even reaches the NFL is by any means a low risk. He has more concussions than Jhavid Best, who will likely retire from multiple concussions.

I'd say its more of a high reward/high risk player. I don't think 4 concussions before he even reaches the NFL is by any means a low risk. He has more concussions than Jhavid Best, who will likely retire from multiple concussions.

Yes. He is a high risk player but i was speaking about the cards only spending a 6th on him as being the low risk part. If he can't play, it only cost them a 6th. Low risk.

I wasn't a Swoope guy, but I think it is funny that people sighting his concussion history as a problem are many of the same people saying that our multiple draft picks rehabbing surgeries are no big deal?

Back
Top Bottom