Good thing we never got to Lock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good thing we never got to Lock

I feel sorry for you, so I'll keep the thread going for you as long as possible bud. I really want to see it get past one page long.
Why don’t we mosey down to the Joe Burrow can chuck it for 300 yards a game thread in the General NFL Forum?

2-6-1

The rookie contract will be over before he gets 10 wins

I hope they break out the wishbone this close to Thanksgiving

Serious question, could they have signed a QB off of the street to play? Remember when Shula got Steve DeBerg out of retirement after Scott Mitchell went down in ‘93? IIR he only had 1-2 practices before starting a game against NE (and winning it!).
I don’t think DeBerg was officially retired. He had started the year with Tampa Bay and started a game before being let go after three. He thought his career was over, but then the Dolphins came calling; he was probably only unemployed a week or two before signing. Although actually looking at the schedule he may have been unemployed longer than that. Mitchell was the QB for several weeks before he got injured and that’s when DeBerg came in.

The guy was almost 40 by the time he started his first game as a Dolphin. He actually retired officially after the 1993 season was over (though he did make a comeback several years later).

Last edited:
Serious question, could they have signed a QB off of the street to play? Remember when Shula got Steve DeBerg out of retirement after Scott Mitchell went down in ‘93? IIR he only had 1-2 practices before starting a game against NE (and winning it!).
The first NE game that year (1993). NE beat us in week 18 (2 byes that season) OT. Bledsoe went deep to end it (I remember when NBC showed the highlight, there were piles of snow in the back of the end zone).

I seem to recall Mr. Deberg arriving in Dallas for the Thanksgiving game and Enberg and Trumpy mentioning he had to purchase a coat and pants since he arrived with only shorts packed (I may be remembering incorrectly but for some reason, that is sticking with me.

Back
Top Bottom