Good to hear this | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good to hear this

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I like the perspective and leadership in his message:

He’s right - w guys getting sick, opting out of the season (a lot of Pats are out) it will be the healthiest / most disciplined team that wins the SB this year. It really could be anyone - going to be an odd year.

Yes, Bobby's right. This is the direct message from one of our natural leaders on the team.
However, one should also remember that South Florida is currently an absolute raging mess in terms of control over the pandemic. Even with all of the protocols that the Dolphins have put in place, the degree of difficulty in keeping the team free from covid-19 will probably be far greater than for many other teams just because of where we are as a pandemic hotspot location (compared to say Green Bay, Wisconsin).

Last edited:
Could you imagine a team making the playoffs then losing their QB due to covid? What McCain said is true, but at the same time it isnt just the players, it's their wives, girlfriends, kids, friends, etc.

I like the perspective and leadership in his message:

He’s right - w guys getting sick, opting out of the season (a lot of Pats are out) it will be the healthiest / most disciplined team that wins the SB this year. It really could be anyone - going to be an odd year.
I just wish the NFL demanded the bubble strategy, letting 80 players go home after practice is a recipe for disaster

They’re pros, they could of sacrificed four months of their lives, wives and kids could of visited them

I just wish the NFL demanded the bubble strategy, letting 80 players go home after practice is a recipe for disaster

They’re pros, they could of sacrificed four months of their life, wives and kids could of visited them
Demand?

I guess they could have tried that, but that completely dismisses the reality that the NFLPA is the strongest union in professional sports, not to mention breach of contract, and other legal issues.

I also think if that were imposed, many more players would opt out.

Demand?

I guess they could have tried that, but that completely dismisses the reality that the NFLPA is the strongest union in professional sports, not to mention breach of contract, and other legal issues.

The strategy of isolating them through camp is to protect them, fighting against that is not smart, I don’t think it would of been a controversial ask..

Demand?

Lmfao not even close man. It’s the weakest union of the four major sports for sure.

The strategy of isolating them through camp is to protect them, fighting against that is not smart, I don’t think it would of been a controversial ask..
I believe that is not allowed by the collective bargaining agreement.

In any case, I'm sure there are a variety of opinions among players, same as the general public.

What one individual deems "reasonable", another may not.

Players were all able to voice their opinions, and vote on the proposal. They were also given the opportunity to opt out.

In what way?
They are the only union that has failed their membership in securing guaranteed contracts, while playing by far the most dangerous sport. They continually negotiate shitty labor deals with ownership for its membership. They’ve historically caved easily in past CBA negotiations. The owners constantly have the upper hand against them. The NFLPA has no spine when it comes right down to it. I’d they did, non-guaranteed contracts wouldn’t be a thing.

Demand?

The MLB players union is so much stronger. It's not even close.

Back
Top Bottom