Good To See The Dolphins Being This Agressive!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good To See The Dolphins Being This Agressive!!

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello to All...
I can't remember a time when the COLLEGIATE SCOUTING COMBINE and the start of FREE AGENCY all coincided on the same date--MARCH 1st---but this is surely going to be a busy weekend for the Dolphins...and from all indications...our team is going into this off-season..all hell-bent on improving this offense. The Dolphins are not only bringing in all their collegiate scouts to Indianapolis to gauge draft talent..but they are also are setting up shop at the hotel where they will be staying in INDY...hoping to get an early jump on potential Free Agents...as Spielman's guys...work the phones, faxes,--just about whatever means necessary they will have their in INDY to get a jump start in this big off-season. Like my headline said...as a long-time Dolphin fan...I really like the way the team is being agressive this off-season... The Dolphin brass has really made it very clear to all...that they will indeed be a major player in this off-season...not being afraid this time around..perhaps to make a big deal...be it by trade or by getting a standout player...even if they have to pay big.

DREW ROSENHAUS has come out and said that he fully expects the Dolphins to release TIM BOWENS this Friday. Drew and the Dolphins talked this week..and they really right now are not in the same ballpark right now...however...it is very clear that TIM still loves playing down here...and might even take less to remain playing down here. The Dolphins will just let Tim test the Fa market...and just rid themselves of an 8 million dollar salary cap headache for now...and just keep in touch with DREW to see where it stands..regarding TIm. The Dolphins of course would like to have TIM back...but it seems that they are reclined to look elsewhere...for a less-costly DT in this years FA...knowing that Drew is really looking at the contract that the Dolphins just last year...gave fellow DT...DARYL GARDENER. This is really a sticking point in the negotiations..because Drew really believes that TIM should be paid "DARYL GARDENER MONEY"..so to speak.

A name that I am hearing a lot...if TIM BOWENS does not come back....is DT JOHN PARELLA of the CHARGERS...who will definately get a lot of interest from many teams..

My only wish to the Dolphins on the RICKY WILLIAMS front...IS TO HAVE PATIENCE. The Saints will eventually come down to reality. There is nobody this side of MIKE DITKA...who are going to give the Saints exactly what they want at this time. What the Dolphins should do is tell the SAINTS GM...RANDY MUELLER is this: WE ARE GOING TO GET BACK TO YOU...AFTER WE TALK TO JACKSONVILLE ABOUT FRED TAYLOR. Hopefully...SPIELMAN will try and use JACKSONVILE and TAYLOR as LEVERAGE...at least to give MUELLER something to think about...like lowering his demands. This trade stuff is literally a game of poker...and hopefully...MUELLER will be the one who folds. I hope SPIELMAN gets the periscope out...and starts talking with JACKSONVILLE this weekend. He has nothing to lose...nothing at all. Just see if FRED can be had...and let the Saints know that they have talked to the JAGS. Its time to play the game...

Lets be "cautiously agressive" DCH

Hey 984, did any body ever tell you you look like the actor Micheal Rappaport? I just saw "True Romance" again last night, and he plays "Dick Ritchie", you look just like him, man.
oh, well no offense. :)

Good Post...

Are the Fins really thinking about John Parella? Parella is a guy I would consider bringing in also if we can't get Bowens back cheaper. Parella and Gardner would make a nice tandem.

Hey DCH, Thanks for the Info. I've been waiting to hear what you heard on the Ricky Williams front, keep us posted on any new info that you get on that.

It really does seem that this year the Dolphins aren't sitting back and waiting to see what falls to them they are going out and get what they want.

We're talking about a #1 total defensive ranking here with an addition of a John Parella! All hail TimBo and all, but All fear Parella! In those joint practices the Dolphins had with the Bucs and then the Chargers, our O-linemen said that Parella was far tougher than Warren Sapp, without the lip service. He would be much more active up front than Tim, although he wouldnt take up as much room as TimBo does; but his activeness would cause fits in opponents blocking schemes against him! If the price is right, the only logical thing would be to go get him. I've been a long time supporter of TimBo, but the addition of Parella would greatly ease the loss and may even be a benefit! I can definetly see big things with Parella lined up next to the 'Modern Day Gladiator'!

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
We're talking about a #1 total defensive ranking here with an addition of a John Parella! All hail TimBo and all, but All fear Parella! In those joint practices the Dolphins had with the Bucs and then the Chargers, our O-linemen said that Parella was far tougher than Warren Sapp, without the lip service. He would be much more active up front than Tim, although he wouldnt take up as much room as TimBo does; but his activeness would cause fits in opponents blocking schemes against him! If the price is right, the only logical thing would be to go get him. I've been a long time supporter of TimBo, but the addition of Parella would greatly ease the loss and may even be a benefit! I can definetly see big things with Parella lined up next to the 'Modern Day Gladiator'!

John Parrella is a great player. He is very underrated, but is he a UFA? Will he be cheap, he is 33 years old.

D line should be a high priority.

SO by Friday we should know who is being cut, or is it Thursday since we have to be under the cap BY Friday?

If Daryl truly is going to be ok, I would really like to see Tim back. Those two stuff the run better then anyone I have seen.

My ideal D line, Jason Taylor, Tim Bowens, (healthy) Gardener, and David Bowens. We have Waly Oungeuoulouaey (lol) and then draft a D end in the later rounds.

This way we could either get Bro back as a pass rusher, or dump both Mixon and Bromell.

Just my thoughts at this moment

Go to the Gallery.....it's probably like a family photo album to you.....;)

Back
Top Bottom