Goodbye O | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodbye O

DolfanDaveInMI

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sam Simmons sets the table with the big punt return. J.R. Tolver clears it with a nifty hook for a touchdown.

Methinks Oronde's injury settlement comes early next week.

Its too bad cause for a guy with a metal plate in his head OG was a good guy. I'm one of the rare ones that was actually cheering for OG but I think today that with the play of Tolver and Simmons they will put OG out to pasture maybe we can get a pick out of it from Carolina?

On a side Note Tolver isn't a flashy receiver but danm he sure seems to always make the play.

OG is a good guy, but to be honest what he did last year put a tarnish on how I felt about him. So, If I can open the door for the exit, please let me.

I am really excited about Tolver! I wasn't sold on the guy but after today...wow, he definately has some potential!

I am on OG supporter thick and thin. What he did last year was the right thing. He could have risked his career if he kept playing. Plus he would have had to make one handed catches every time they threw the ball to him because Torn Ligaments in your wrist is painful. He made the right decision. I'll be sad to see him go, but I know Tolver and Simmons will be good WRs.

Gadsden was my idol when I played HS football...hence the 86 in my screenname. It makes me really mad that he probably won't be around. It's even worse that I will most likely have to see him in a different uniform. By the way, I never made any catches like his miraculous grabs. LOL.

I'm listening to the Big O on the Fins post game and he's a huge OG fan and has been saying for weeks that he wants him on the team. Well tonight he's convinced that Tolver and Simmons are locks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Prime Time
I am on OG supporter thick and thin. What he did last year was the right thing. He could have risked his career if he kept playing. Plus he would have had to make one handed catches every time they threw the ball to him because Torn Ligaments in your wrist is painful. He made the right decision. I'll be sad to see him go, but I know Tolver and Simmons will be good WRs.

PT, are you OKAY, am I reading this post correctly, where's the OG will make this team, I was begining to think that was your sig. Are you now thinking that Simmons and Tolver has done enough for us to let OG go. I'm in shock.:D

Unfortunately, yes :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thats what I liked about the 2nd teams play tonight...the guys making plays you notice are the ones that are going to make the team and make a contribution. Tolver, some GREAT work after the catch, he should teach Chambers a little. Simmons is a dang good returner and just proved he can return kicks and punts if need be, plus make plays on offense. Roundtree made plays. Grigsby made plays.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Unfortunately, yes :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I feel for you, but I think Simmons and Tolver are just to valuable to let go, Simmons speed and moves are just too much to loose and JR hands reminds me of OG. I think if we're going to move on, this is the time. I'll cry with you, but I may have to smile a little too.:D

No doubt guys, I think gadsen is officially out.

In my list these are the most valuable guys to our team in our wide receiver corps.

Simmons
Mc KNight
Tolver

Why simmons? He is a speedy explosive guy with good acceleration and has a natural instinct to return punts obviously. It's scary to know that we have two returners that can really put us in field position if we give them the best blocking as well.

Just imagine when we get all of our best players in special teams and ensure that everyone is blocking for these guys. Big gains if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom