Goodbye Surtain | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodbye Surtain

In his early years he was awesome, may have lost a step or two now. but he is still way better and smarter than Madison. Rather see Madison and his stupid penalties go then Surtain. Darn the salary cap.

IMO, his price just went up. Were I Saban, i'd make it known to Carl Peterson that the price of Patrick Surtain is now a 1st round pick. Take it or leave it. We have ALL the leverage here because we can take Surtain and his salary into the year. KC needs to have this deal done before the draft so they can focus on other needs there.

I move the price to a 1st round pick and KC will likely pay it.

im glad hes outta here, hes a great player but wayy too expensive

Caldolfan said:
He may have been the best corner ever to put on a Dolphins uniform. He played the slot when asked, team player to the max. The slot doesn't allow for as many int's as the outside, yet he moved inside when T-Buck came into the game. I will miss him, one of my favorite players for a long time.

I think Caldo hit it on the nose. He was (is) a great player for us, maybe the best ever Fin CB. You gotta look at all the bad cap moves Wanny made and figure that is the principal reason that we gotta ship players like this off.
If he goes, I think he'll really improve KC's pass coverage and give them a legit shot at going deep in the playoffs.

I'm gald to see the "Goodbye Surtain" thread turn into a "Bash Sam Madison thread".

Some of you people really need to get off Pat's jock. I'm gonna miss him as well and I think he is still a damn good player but he has lost a step.

Sam was our best corner last year.

I'm getting a little tired of hearing about Surtain holding Holt to nothing last year. I don't have that game on tape but I'm almost positive that he had help that day in coverage. I also think Jason Taylor and the rest of the D-line kicking Bulger's head in that day also had something to do with Holt's poor stats.

I know it sounds like I'm bashing Pat. I'm not. I love the guy but with his bloated cap number, the depth we have at that position and the need we have to inject youth into the roster this is a deal that has to be made.

It will be weird going into a season though with a question mark at one corner spot though....although I think Will Poole will be a fine player.

He's not going anywhere unless Kansas City stops trying to screw us over. I really don't think Saban will let him go for a 4th round pick.

painnotpleasure said:
He's not going anywhere unless Kansas City stops trying to screw us over. I really don't think Saban will let him go for a 4th round pick.

I hope this is the case....I hope KC doesn;t budge.

bryancox51fan said:
Looks like he's gonna be traded, just wondering how much everybody thinks he's gonna be missed. Personally, I think his best days are behind him.

I love your sig! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Predaphin said:
nothing really, nothing worth trade.

have ypu considered the long term impact of trading suratin for a 2nd rounder. keeping him for this year and then losing him for nothing next year is completely stupid. if we get a #2 for him and let poole develop, we are a whole hell of a lot better off than having pat around for this 8-8 if we are lucky year.

MelbournePhin said:
have ypu considered the long term impact of trading suratin for a 2nd rounder. keeping him for this year and then losing him for nothing next year is completely stupid. if we get a #2 for him and let poole develop, we are a whole hell of a lot better off than having pat around for this 8-8 if we are lucky year.

and because of that :D
we "can't" keep him

Back
Top Bottom