Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON.

It wasn't easy being a Marine who didn't like beer. I was surprised. You would have thought they would be happy by having less competition for the brew.

I was challenged once at the American Legion and asked "what kind of Marine doesn't drink beer?". I had to tell the schlep that a "Real Marine" drank whatever he wanted, then went back to my diet Mountain Dew!
I was probably the only person in the military to go in to the bars in Norfolk, VA. and order milk to drink. I would often go in to town with my buddies and since I didn’t drink, I was always the designated driver while they all drank the night away.
I never liked the taste or effect of alcohol and I am allergic to cigarette smoke. I have had probably less than 5 drinks in my nearly 70 years and I have never been a smoker.

I was probably the only person in the military to go in to the bars in Norfolk, VA. and order milk to drink. I would often go in to town with my buddies and since I didn’t drink, I was always the designated driver while they all drank the night away.
I never liked the taste or effect of alcohol and I am allergic to cigarette smoke. I have had probably less than 5 drinks in my nearly 70 years and I have never been a smoker.

It's good to know I'm not the only independent thinker the military could work with and got out with our individuality intact.

By the way, my favorite drink in the mess hall was chocolate milk.

Back
Top Bottom