Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON.

I think the part that you leave out of your analysis is that, much of this was avoidable... IF we'd had the will to immediately lock down and immediately throw the resources of the Federal Government into nation wide testing procedures.

But we didn't do that...

I have my theory about why, others have their own, but one think is for absolute sure... we could have, and that's why this hurts so badly.
Hey man. You're toeing on going political and potentially getting my thread bumped to the dreaded PoFo. Can everyone chill on it a bit?

Can do.. I was just trying to give him an honest and respectful answer...

Will drop it. You asked respectfully.

I think the tide will be ongoing as players see their teammates go down.

Well if the 22 people on the field all have passed tests, they should be fine as any other year right? Spit and sweat away.

Not exactly. The testing they're doing is far from foolproof and you're bound to get quite a few of both false positives and negatives. And there are those who have the virus in their system that hasn't quite made it to where they're sampling. The only way to contain this is for the players/coaches/training staff to all stay contained in their own little bubble and hope those they do interact with are doing the same. I think the odds of that happening are pretty low.

Moving forward completely just isn’t as easy as you seem to imply it is. When you can’t go into a store without wearing a mask in most of the country and you need to constantly wash your hand and maintain social distance. Playing a game where none of those things are possible means it is going to be extremely difficult to not believe that there are not going to be major issues trying to play football in 2020.

It is not about fear. It is about being responsible when there is a deadly virus spreading throughout the country while there is no vaccine available to protect anyone from this virus. If you don’t understand this, you obviously have bigger issues than if the NFL plays games this season or not.

What I understand, has nothing to do with what I'm being told. You're welcome to define this virus how you please...as am I.

Just commit to the season or skip it completely this year. Tired of the back and forth.

What I understand, has nothing to do with what I'm being told. You're welcome to define this virus how you please...as am I.

Just commit to the season or skip it completely this year. Tired of the back and forth.
The only back and forth is from posters. I haven't heard the league, itself, doing that at all.

I did. It's off topic sure

LINK:
USA isn't even in the top 10 of smoking countries....... so when we are just making up reasons off the top of our heads.........

I said "a population that smokes a lot", not one of the top 10. I also included the fact that we have a big population of older people. I wonder how that would compare with the population of older people in the countries with the highest % of smokers.

Presumably a country with a higher populations of smokers would have a smaller population of older people due to a presumed higher death rate among smokers. I haven't checked this out, but I know that wither or not I smoked effected my health insurance costs. The insurance companies probably have the data to support this.

Heres the rub. No one wants to see a team win because they didnt bring their best. I dont want good players to opt out and the Fins beat them because they didnt bring their best. Thats literally busch league.
It's not like the Phins have a choice in the matter. If we win the division, you can put an asterisk if you like.

Honestly, I don't think the Patsies have all that stron of a team this year either way.

This isn't gonna work. Don't be fooled. I hate it but there just is no possible way. Dolphins will be the Marlins and this things gonna get cancelled before it really even gets going. Hope I'm completely wrong, but I'm not.

Back
Top Bottom