Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON.

Heres the rub. No one wants to see a team win because they didnt bring their best. I dont want good players to opt out and the Fins beat them because they didnt bring their best. Thats literally busch league.

Only for the team that didn't bring its best!

Heres the rub. No one wants to see a team win because they didnt bring their best. I dont want good players to opt out and the Fins beat them because they didnt bring their best. Thats literally busch league.
That's ludicrous. What's the difference between them opting out and playing them when they are injured? Each year plenty of good players get hurt or suspended and don't play. So, all of those games count but if it's intentional, they are bush league? If the Dolphins win, it's because just like every other team they took advantage of opportunity.

I said "a population that smokes a lot", not one of the top 10. I also included the fact that we have a big population of older people. I wonder how that would compare with the population of older people in the countries with the highest % of smokers.

Presumably a country with a higher populations of smokers would have a smaller population of older people due to a presumed higher death rate among smokers. I haven't checked this out, but I know that wither or not I smoked effected my health insurance costs. The insurance companies probably have the data to support this.
I don't know how it works in NC. But, I don't know more than one smoker anymore. I lived in Miami, there weren't tons of smokers. Now I live in Marco/Naples and I don't see anyone smoke EVER.

That's ludicrous. What's the difference between them opting out and playing them when they are injured? Each year plenty of good players get hurt or suspended and don't play. So, all of those games count but if it's intentional, they are bush league? If the Dolphins win, it's because just like every other team they took advantage of opportunity.

I guess we have a different mindset when it comes to quality of wins. We will see what happens and who opts out I guess, they only have 2 more days from what I hear.

I guess we have a different mindset when it comes to quality of wins. We will see what happens and who opts out I guess, they only have 2 more days from what I hear.
I believe it was extended to August 3rd, so a couple more days

Like you I would prefer the see the best players on each team compete against one another.Of course that rarely happens because of the number of injuries in the NFL. This year it is even going to be worse because teams like the Patriots have so many of their starters opting out of the season because of the virus.

I really don’t know what we will learn able the Dolphins this season if they end up playing a lot of games with backups if their starters are out on quarantine. That could be the same issue with most every other team in the NFL unless they get this virus under control and I just don’t see that happening anytime soon.

Last edited:
I like wins. I'll take them by any quality we can get them and so will every other team. Next year we'll go for quality this year, I don't care how it happens. This isn't church this is football.

I don't know how it works in NC. But, I don't know more than one smoker anymore. I lived in Miami, there weren't tons of smokers. Now I live in Marco/Naples and I don't see anyone smoke EVER.

I belong to several veterans groups and I'm one of the few non-smoker, non-drinker in the group!

Wow. Non drinker? Where's that ignore button? KIDDING!

It wasn't easy being a Marine who didn't like beer. I was surprised. You would have thought they would be happy by having less competition for the brew.

I was challenged once at the American Legion and asked "what kind of Marine doesn't drink beer?". I had to tell the schlep that a "Real Marine" drank whatever he wanted, then went back to my diet Mountain Dew!

It wasn't easy being a Marine who didn't like beer. I was surprised. You would have thought they would be happy by having less competition for the brew.

I was challenged once at the American Legion and asked "what kind of Marine doesn't drink beer?". I had to tell the schlep that a "Real Marine" drank whatever he wanted, then went back to my diet Mountain Dew!
Well, drinker or not thanks tons for your service man. More beer for the rest of us!

Like you I would prefer the see the best players on each team compete against one another.Of course that rarely happens because of the number of injuries in the NFL. This year it is even going to be worse because teams like the Patriots have so many of their starters opting out of the season because of the virus.

I really don’t know what we will learn able the Dolphins this season if they end up playing a lot of games with backups if their starters are out on quarantine. Thatcould be the same issue with most every other team in the NFL unless they get this virus under control and I just don’t see that happening anytime soon.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear the Patriots are doing this in an effort to tank 2020. Maybe they're telling players to take the year off.

Back
Top Bottom