Goodell should take note: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell should take note:

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Amazing just now little punishment the Pats have received over the years for all of their taping, stealing, signal jamming and deflating.

Amazing just now little punishment the Pats have received over the years for all of their taping, stealing, signal jamming and deflating.
I know when I say it, it drips of conspiracy but...
MLB has always ferociously gone after gamblers and cheater. They protect the game.
NFL along with NBA do not care about game integrity. It about money. That has led to decades of cheating and scandals. It cannot be denied that refs influence changes most games in the direction of certain teams. Where there's smoke there's fire.
I couldn't imagine what would happen if Goodell suspended Belicheat for a year.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. And we STILL won despite the cheating, Boston you're next!

Go Nats!!!!!!!

1579024334003.png

Last edited:
Sign stealing is an art, it's been going on forever in baseball. There's probably not a team in baseball that hasn't dabbled in it. Technology has taken it to new levels of intricacy. Astros got busted because of a snitch. There's probably many other teams breathing a sigh of relief they didn't have a snitch in their clubhouse.

Cheating and baseball go hand in hand. Won't be the last time a team steals signs.

Sign stealing is an art, it's been going on forever in baseball. There's probably not a team in baseball that hasn't dabbled in it. Technology has taken it to new levels of intricacy. Astros got busted because of a snitch. There's probably many other teams breathing a sigh of relief they didn't have a snitch in their clubhouse.

Cheating and baseball go hand in hand. Won't be the last time a team steals signs.
Stealing signs is not illegal. It's the use of tech that's illegal. I don't believe that is wide spread. Cora is a piece of crap and I predicted last weekend that Cora is going to be the 3rd life suspension.

Stealing signs is not illegal. It's the use of tech that's illegal. I don't believe that is wide spread. Cora is a piece of crap and I predicted last weekend that Cora is going to be the 3rd life suspension.
Or binoculars, which have been used by many teams for ages to steal signs.

Also

How common is electronic sign stealing?

Many in the game believe it to be fairly common. Yankees manager Joe Girardi said Tuesday that the Yankees basically assume everyone is doing it. Just last October, Red Sox pitching coach Carl Willis accused the Indians of stealing Rick Porcello's signs during the playoffs, which led to Terry Francona's great quip: "We barely know our own signs."

In recent years, there have been accusations levied against the Blue Jays and their legendary "man in white" in center field. In the 2015 ALCS between the Royals and Blue Jays, Edinson Volquez said teammate Johnny Cueto told him the Jays had been stealing signs in Game 3. "He said, 'They got a guy in center field.'"

Or binoculars, which have been used by many teams for ages to steal signs.

Also

Just to clarify my point. Sign stealing is a very common part of the game. But I just don't think using tech is as wide spread. It's happened but I just don't think using tech is common. You got me with binocs. I personally don't see those as tech.
To me it's like counting cards, not illegal unless using devises.

I just find it interesting that these guys are getting fired while Kraft covers for Beleiechekc all these years.

It's fine when those things are an art. There's a difference between sport and cheating.

I just find it interesting that these guys are getting fired while Kraft covers for Beleiechekc all these years.

Yeah, the difference between the sports is nutty. Though Goodell did come down in similar fashion for Bountygate.

Yeah, the difference between the sports is nutty. Though Goodell did come down in similar fashion for Bountygate.
Fair enough. I still say he has been way too lenient on the Pats. Deflate gate was penalized as if it affected one game (the one they got caught) when the evidence showed it went on from 2007 to whatever year that was. I guess he’s been inconsistent. He did crucify Ray Rice too.

I'm curious what you mean by "3rd lifetime suspension". There have been more than 3 lifetime suspensions in baseball already. Joe Jackson was the best player and most famous of the White Sox, but all 8 involved were given the same punishment. There were some other fringe players on other teams who were somehow tied to the scandal who were given suspensions as well (if memory serves me correctly). Of course, there is Rose. I agree that Cora, Hinch, et. al should be placed on that list. Altuve's buzzer is at yet another level.

As far as the Patriots, it drives me crazy that they have been getting away with this stuff without a stiffer punishment. It makes me question their whole dynasty (I have a hard time truly placing the team as a dynasty, their coach, and their QB on any all-time list because of the scandals). Deflategate is the only benign scandal. I just accepted a long time ago that ball tampering has been going on for years in the NFL (not condoning it, just stating it was a wide-spread practice in sports for years and years). They should have been fined for an equipment violation for each occurrence. The punishment for not cooperating with the investigation is another matter (and was rightfully stiff) and the Patriots' explanations on the matter were completely disingenuous (Tom Brady explaining why he destroyed his phone, calling a guy "the Deflator" because he lost weight, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom