Gossip | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gossip

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Before some of you pound me with this "moralizing" label, I will acknowledge that bits of information that make you feel like you know what is going on behind the scenes appears to be of interest to most of us. However, some of this stuff that I have been reading lately borders on nothing more than pure gossip. And what makes it worse is that media operations are beginning to feed on it.

Stuff happens every day. We all are approached with mess about other people, and we find out that other people spread mess about us. If attitudes and motivation are an issue on a team, they have player "police" and coaches that will deal with it. They don't need our help. I realize it is good to root for specific players and to feel like you can support a person based on their character. But some of this stuff (particularily with Boston) is more reflective of panic and quick judgement than "rooting out evil" .

And so I don't pass judgement on you guys, I will refrain from calling names and making negative comments. I am just appealing to your greater sense of rationale thinking. Think before you speak.

Lee2000

Damn it!! I came into this thread looking for GOSSIP!! WTF!?!?

Seriously, this is a message board. This is not a news publication. There are plenty of places that people can go if all they want to read are facts and the opinions of people who have a professional responsibility to choose their words carefully.

What you get on a message board, and what you should expect are rumors, GOSSIP, opinions (uneducated ones mostly) and smack talking. I just read the post about how we could have had Tim Couch instead of Feely, and continued reading to see everyone feeding on this poor sap's flesh. It's great! Even the most clueless fan has a voice here, and even the most picky has the option to ignore any thread.

Everyone needs to stop taking this so serious......save all of the emotion for fall Sunday's!!

burger13 said:
Seriously, this is a message board. This is not a news publication. There are plenty of places that people can go if all they want to read are facts and the opinions of people who have a professional responsibility to choose their words carefully.

I dig what you're saying man, the unfortnate thing is many of these "reports" are being written by folks who are not choosing their words carefully, or confirming the crap they publish. I'm appalled at the lack of jounalistic integrity.

It's all good though man. It's amusing in a "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"(1) kind of way.

(1) E. Costello

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it is like they say.If you open your mouth wide enough your foot will fit right in it for some.Dolfanreal69

Reply to what I should expect on a message board

I can not argue with the person that responded about expecting all that on a message board. You are exactly right. However, reading stuff about a potential player or trade or something like that is different than the personal crap about player's personal lives. I do expect rumors and more rumors. But some of this stuff is nothing about the Dolphins or improving as a team, or sharing feedback about performance. It is strictly personal attack. There is no place for that crap on any board. However, since you have quickly put me in the "I take this too serious" category, I can comfort you in that I will not take anything directed at me personal and will lose no sleep. (just an opinion)

Lee2000

I got no problem with the posting of gossip as you call it; I'll read it and decied if I want to believe it or not I rather have to much info then none

Lee2000 said:
Before some of you pound me with this "moralizing" label, I will acknowledge that bits of information that make you feel like you know what is going on behind the scenes appears to be of interest to most of us. However, some of this stuff that I have been reading lately borders on nothing more than pure gossip. And what makes it worse is that media operations are beginning to feed on it.

Stuff happens every day. We all are approached with mess about other people, and we find out that other people spread mess about us. If attitudes and motivation are an issue on a team, they have player "police" and coaches that will deal with it. They don't need our help. I realize it is good to root for specific players and to feel like you can support a person based on their character. But some of this stuff (particularily with Boston) is more reflective of panic and quick judgement than "rooting out evil" .

And so I don't pass judgement on you guys, I will refrain from calling names and making negative comments. I am just appealing to your greater sense of rationale thinking. Think before you speak.

Lee2000

I'm with you man............ I just wish there was one place, JUST ONE, that I could go to online and talk Dolphins without having to deal with the assanine rumor spreading and pre-season PMS'ing........ I barely comment anymore because nearly every thread or post is consumed with hysteria. I even notice some of the posts are made because there is absolutely nothing to talk about at the moment so they heighten it by adding dramatics and bold, unfounded predictions. Take the ESPN message board for example.......... I can't even bare reading it anymore due to what transpires over there. The guys over there are like big children trying to piss on each other all the time.

Ah well.............

Agua said:
It's all good though man. It's amusing in a "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"(1) kind of way.

(1) E. Costello

But since their wings have got rusted, you know, the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

burger13 said:
Damn it!! I came into this thread looking for GOSSIP!! WTF!?!?

What you get on a message board, and what you should expect are rumors, GOSSIP, opinions (uneducated ones mostly) and smack talking. I just read the post about how we could have had Tim Couch instead of Feely, and continued reading to see everyone feeding on this poor sap's flesh. It's great! Even the most clueless fan has a voice here, and even the most picky has the option to ignore any thread.

Everyone needs to stop taking this so serious......save all of the emotion for fall Sunday's!!

your exactly right burger, thats why i just skim through it and maybe put my two cents in and cya.

Back
Top Bottom