Gotta love stats.......49ers/Dolphins related | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gotta love stats.......49ers/Dolphins related

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
San Fran has the highest net yards traveled vs. their opponents this year, with over an 8000 mile disadvantage.

Miami the second most beneficial behind the Jets at just over 2000 miles.

49ers also have the most total miles traveled at over 28,000.

Just a small plus really. You’d assume our FO certainly scanned the list of their 2021 opponents while completing the trade.

Another 4th place finish for SF would be stellar.

Last edited:
What are "net" yards and how do they come up with that figure?

Guess I'll read the article...

What are "net" yards and how do they come up with that figure?

Guess I'll read the article...
Well first exclude all divisional games as they are going to be a wash.

It then really boils down to whether your home games are more stacked towards teams that have a further distance to travel to get to you.

Raiders traveling to Miami for a game is a bigger deal than Miami flying to Atlanta or New Orleans. The sum of the difference of your yards vs your opponents.

It’s gotta be a cyclical thing based on which divisions you play each year. Just happened SF got it the year we have their first.

Its probably also a more relevant stat to those teams on the outskirts of the map. Miami, Seattle, New England and San Fran. Not many people in Nashville worried about which direction their going because no matter what your leaving from the middle anyway so you can only even travel about half the country at any given time (outside of a London game and occaisional WC trips).

San Fran has the highest net yards traveled vs. their opponents this year, with over an 8000 mile disadvantage.

Just a small plus really. You’d assume our FO certainly scanned the list of their 2021 opponents while completing the trade.

On paper at least, their schedule looks very easy. Hard to imagine less than 7 wins.

Of course, you never know in the NFL from one season to the next.

All the media are giving the 49ers an automatic W week 1. I’m not betting against Dantellica. Rooting against the 49ers is going to be fun the next few years. This will also give me more incentive to watch the 4:00 games this year. Thank Mr. Grier.

screw SF.....we own their first round pick so I'm hoping for that pick to be as high as possible and that's all I care about.
On paper, their schedule looks pretty easy. But you just never know what teams will emerge and end up better than expected.

I think Vegas has them at 10.5 wins. I don't think the 49ers will be terribly, but I would guess Miami ends up with a better record.

On paper, their schedule looks pretty easy. But you just never know what teams will emerge and end up better than expected.

I think Vegas has them at 10.5 wins. I don't think the 49ers will be terribly, but I would guess Miami ends up with a better record.

I don't think their that good, especially in that division. You'd expect Garoppolo starts so who knows what he will be able to produce before giving way to Trey Lance.

Bosa needs to return to that elite status coming off the ACL, when does that happen? Week 1?

This mystique about them going to the Super Bowl two years is long gone, heck the Eagles similarly caught lightning in a bottle, actually won the SB and look where they are now.

I think Seattle and Arizona are without a doubt ahead of SF. I like the Rams more than the Niners too but not by much and the Rams seem like their on a crash course with a complete rebuild in 2 years.

I don't care what Trey Lance becomes years 3-10 in his NFL career but I am definitely rooting against his success years 1 and 2, respectfully.

hope you're right

The 49er’s have one of the most talented teams in the league and it will not surprise me at all if they end up in the SB next season. I believe the Dolphins will make the playoffs but I just don’t see them having a better record than the 49er’s.
Given a choice, I would much rather have the Dolphins first round pick in 2022 than the 49er’s.

I don't think their that good, especially in that division. You'd expect Garoppolo starts so who knows what he will be able to produce before giving way to Trey Lance.

Bosa needs to return to that elite status coming off the ACL, when does that happen? Week 1?

This mystique about them going to the Super Bowl two years is long gone, heck the Eagles similarly caught lightning in a bottle, actually won the SB and look where they are now.

I think Seattle and Arizona are without a doubt ahead of SF. I like the Rams more than the Niners too but not by much and the Rams seem like their on a crash course with a complete rebuild in 2 years.

I don't care what Trey Lance becomes years 3-10 in his NFL career but I am definitely rooting against his success years 1 and 2, respectfully.
I like Shanahan's offensive mind and he gets a lot out of players on that side of the ball.

That said, I think they will miss Saleh on the defensive side. I also think their secondary is really bad. And, I agree with you about the other teams in the division.

Back
Top Bottom