Grade Flores: So Far This Season... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade Flores: So Far This Season...

"Farcical".... I like that.

I don't have a problem with the personnel decisions, overall, and I also don't think he was the only one involved. I do think, in hindsight, the situation with Minkah could have been handled differently, but even that, I can see Flores not wanting to let a second year whiner dictate his actions.

Something changed. In his rookie PR, MF said he may play different positions and had to learn them. A year later he didn't want to move. What changed? Only thing I know is Flo came in.

I think he is a worse coach than Cam Cameron. Could have the worst pd in nfl history. Somehow he made the defense a lot worse than last year. New England doesn’t miss him.

Are you here for any reason other than to be a fly that lands in your drink?

How can you actually type that statement? Cam Cameron was a complete joke. He had talent and as I've even seen you post this roster has no talent and despite this the team could have 5 wins with a roster the resembles the second half of a pre-season game.

Flores is not a bad coach.

Something changed. In his rookie PR, MF said he may play different positions and had to learn them. A year later he didn't want to move. What changed? Only thing I know is Flo came in.
Yes, it was quite a change in attitude. Flo qas probably quite a bit more demanding than the Gase/Burke clown show.

I also think he had everybody from momma to his agent in his ear.

Either way, it was probably best he moved on.

How can you actually type that statement? Cam Cameron was a complete joke. He had talent and as I've even seen you post this roster has no talent and despite this the team could have 5 wins with a roster the resembles the second half of a pre-season game.

Flores -183 point differential vs Cameron’s -170 through 16 games. Half of the team was on ir in Cameron’s year too. What exactly makes you think that Flores can coach? Bc he beat the jets and a Brian hoyer led colts? The games aren’t competitive regardless of what the idiot beat writers say.

Cameron has to deal with 11 games of John Beck and Cleo lemon and was competitive. Flores has a good qb and he isn’t competitive.

Flores -183 point differential vs Cameron’s -170 through 16 games. Half of the team was on ir in Cameron’s year too. What exactly makes you think that Flores can coach? Bc he beat the jets and a Brian hoyer led colts? The games aren’t competitive regardless of what the idiot beat writers say.

Cameron has to deal with 11 games of John Beck and Cleo lemon and was competitive. Flores has a good qb and he isn’t competitive.
Do you have to loosen up before you stretch this far?

It wasn't intended that we be competitive this season. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Cameron did have more than his share of injuries, but even so, he had better O-line players, better secondary players, and a waaaayyyy better pass rush. Yet he managed only one win.

Its not time to crown flores as the dolphins saviour yet. But he definetely got my vote for been on the right track. He got the players respect and he got them to play hard for him. Imagine when we get or draft more talented players. I think we can be something special again like how we were is the 70s 80s and 90s. I truly believe that. Or at the very least thats my wish.

The kid didn't like the taste of defeat, he's not used to losing games and probably couldn't handle it...

:bigbry:munch:

He not going to be happy when we kick the Steelers a$$ in a future playoff game either.
How ironic would it be (and I know this may be a stretch at this point) if over the next 5-10 years we became the more successful franchise?

I give him a B because he has done a very good job with no talent to really work with.

Could not give him a B+ because that would mean he did a masterful job by still finding a way to be competitive in the AFC east to the point they just missed the playoffs.

Could not give him A- because that would mean he did a superior job with this roster, by still getting into the playoffs.

Could not give him an A, because that would mean he did an awesome job of still getting this squad into the SB.

....And of course could not give him an A+, because he still managed to win the Superbowl with this team, and that would mean we may have a legendary, greatest HC there has ever been in our midst.

Basically I believe we may have a very good one this time around, that if you give him actual players to work with...It's going to be a lot of fun to be a Dolphin fans for a long while.

Given he's a rookie coach with pretty much a rookie staff (OC and DC), the development of players, the improved overall scheme I'd give him a B -.

And I also like the way he tears refs up after bad calls. He won't be taken advantage of just because he's a new head coach.
I think you have to throw out the first four games, if not this whole season. Having said that, I would give him a B. Better days ahead.

I give him a B because he has done a very good job with no talent to really work with.

Could not give him a B+ because that would mean he did a masterful job by still finding a way to be competitive in the AFC east to the point they just missed the playoffs.

Could not give him A- because that would mean he did a superior job with this roster, by still getting into the playoffs.

Could not give him an A, because that would mean he did an awesome job of still getting this squad into the SB.

....And of course could not give him an A+, because he still managed to win the Superbowl with this team, and that would mean we may have a legendary, greatest HC there has ever been in our midst.

Basically I believe we may have a very good one this time around, that if you give him actual players to work with...It's going to be a lot of fun to be a Dolphin fans for a long while.

I get your logic. My only disagreement is the basis of the grade. My basis is what fans/I expected at PS game 1. Just about every 'expert/fan expected nothing. First 4 games convinced everyone that opinion was correct. Nonetheless, given the talent level and injuries and STILL playing well is beyond what I think anyone expected. And seeing the Bills disect the Boys yesterday, I don't think Miami embarrassed themselves in the 37-20 loss. I'm staying with A-.

Back
Top Bottom