Grade Flores: So Far This Season... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade Flores: So Far This Season...

I think he is a worse coach than Cam Cameron. Could have the worst pd in nfl history. Somehow he made the defense a lot worse than last year. New England doesn’t miss him.
You are a joke. Perhaps you missed the fact that he has players starting on defense who would have trouble making the practice squad on most NFL teams. The best pass rushers from last year are playing for others teams in the NFL. There is not a single member of the secondary from last year who is playing at this time for the Dolphins. They are either on IR or in the case of Fitzpatrick he was traded.

The LB Corp is average at best and they have no defensive lineman that can apply pressure on the QB on a consistent basis. The reality is that Flores and his coaching staff have done as good a job as any coach could do given the lack of talent they have throughout this roster.

Obviously you are unhappy because the Dolphins aren’t going to finish 0-16 and get the first pick in the draft. Because comparing Flores to Cam Cameron is ridiculous. Of course with the lack of talent on this roster Cameron could have given you that 0-16 record because the players would have quit on Cameron before the season even started. I will take Flores over any coach this team has had since Jimmy Johnson and not think twice about it.

@13marino13

Still no grade? What are you waiting for a SB berth?

Come on..throw that "B" grade out there.

You know you wanna...
I graded him early on, I gave him a B+/A- The only negative from giving him a solid "A" was some of the rookie HC mistakes he's made. He's learning though... :up:
Page 3:
"If I had to grade him at this point, I'd have to go with B+/A- He's done a hell of a lot with nothing, assembled a good staff, and seems to have the team all on board. One thing is for sure, there is no quit in this team and that's something we haven't seen in quite some time. He has made some rookie errors but that's to be expected by a first-time head coach, he'll learn. I'm optimistic about our coaching direction for the first time in many years."

I graded him early on, I gave him a B+/A- The only negative from giving him a solid "A" was some of the rookie HC mistakes he's made. He's learning though... :up:

In the name of the late great Jim "Mad Dogg" Mandich....Alllllllright!

Get rid of that Egg-nog crap and let me buy you a real drink....sooooonnnn!

I like Flores. The one area that I’d ding him on is his use of Minkah. Pittsburgh is using him the way I envisioned. I didn’t get that one at all. The third and long play against the Steelers was weird. Unlike Gase, hopefully there’s a learning curve on things like that. But there’s a lot of promise with the coach.
Minka is playing with a much better D. How do we know Flores wasn't putting him to the test to see if he was all in or not? Just saying, maybe this guy is smarter than some give him credit for...

You are a joke. Perhaps you missed the fact that he has players starting on defense who would have trouble making the practice squad on most NFL teams. The best pass rushers from last year are playing for others teams in the NFL. There is not a single member of the secondary from last year who is playing at this time for the Dolphins. They are either on IR or in the case of Fitzpatrick he was traded.

The LB Corp is average at best and they have no defensive lineman that can apply pressure on the QB on a consistent basis. The reality is that Flores and his coaching staff have done as good a job as any coach could do given the lack of talent they have throughout this roster.

Obviously you are unhappy because the Dolphins aren’t going to finish 0-16 and get the first pick in the draft. Because comparing Flores to Cam Cameron is ridiculous. Of course with the lack of talent on this roster Cameron could have given you that 0-16 record because the players would have quit on Cameron before the season even started. I will take Flores over any coach this team has had since Jimmy Johnson and not think twice about it.
Don't waste your breath, he's been sent packing. Hence the "Hammered" under his name. He won't be answering you anytime soon. Good post though... :up:

I hate the Patriots..but consider this...

Flores and some of the other staff he brought over are from NE...

Is it really that surprising that year in and year out that team was routinely competing for Super Bowls?

I like Flores. The one area that I’d ding him on is his use of Minkah. Pittsburgh is using him the way I envisioned. I didn’t get that one at all. The third and long play against the Steelers was weird. Unlike Gase, hopefully there’s a learning curve on things like that. But there’s a lot of promise with the coach.

The mystery of Ballage also

For the record, it is okay to not like what Brian Flores is doing right now. A healthy debate is fun. Just don't do stupid stuff like Omar did yesterday complaining how the coaches are not doing a good job and the problems with the team are getting worse not better when the team is losing, and then whine that winning messed up the tank.

Cautionary tale grading a coach who isn’t Supposed to win but wins anyway...

When the expectations are high and we have spent money - we will see how the team handles pressure

I give him a solid B for getting the three wins Can we concede that Rosen is a fail because Fitz gets all the practice reps and games

Do we credit Flo for Fitz ability and sure will to win and not discredit Flo for them not getting this second Rd investment ready to compete???

Back
Top Bottom