Grade Flores: So Far This Season... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade Flores: So Far This Season...

Philbin and Gase frustrated me to no end. It was either their way or the highway. They never adjusted the plays or offense to the players skillsets. Watching the Offensive Line and Tannehill get destroyed in the 5 wide set under Philbin was a total chit show. He never adjusted. Same for Gase, never cared about anything but calling plays at the expense of the defense. Never adjusted to the players skills. Never did either Philbin or Gase develop players. Brian Flores is building the culture, the skillsets, tough mentality, offense and defense all at the same time. His ability to coach scrubs into winning 3 games, speaks volumes about the type of management skills he has. He's a breath of fresh air. He's got his fingers on the pulse of this team like no one I've seen since Jimmy Johnson. Player Development is going a long way as to turning this franchise around. Just wait until the roster is filled with more young talent. The skies the limit for Brian Flores and his staff.

For the record, it is okay to not like what Brian Flores is doing right now. A healthy debate is fun. Just don't do stupid stuff like Omar did yesterday complaining how the coaches are not doing a good job and the problems with the team are getting worse not better when the team is losing, and then whine that winning messed up the tank.
I think it's been established that Omar is a moron.

It's not that he doesn't have a right to his opinion, but as you say, he's all over the place, and way too reactionary to be taken seriously.

Still unimpressed. Fitzpatrick is responsible for the wins. Defense is still the worst in the league.

He's not involved with the offense so basing off that, being a rookie coach he's done a decent job with the game management. There's a few defensive guys who have improved. A big plus is the team is still playing but having a vet like Fitz has helped tremendously in that area. Still a lot left to be desired after watching the defense get manhandled on a weekly basis.

I'm in the B- to C+ range.

Incomplete. I need to see him with real players and I need to see how a young QB develops.

Also - I want the story behind sticking with Ballage. In 1 game yesterday Laird got more yards after contact or made people miss.

Minka is playing with a much better D. How do we know Flores wasn't putting him to the test to see if he was all in or not? Just saying, maybe this guy is smarter than some give him credit for...

You would think after the job this coaching staff has done with secondary players out of nowhere then they'd be given more credit. I'm not even going to mention they come from that interchangable pedigree up in NE.

Point being, I'm sure they know a few things about secondary guys and development.

If anything this suggest Minkah didn't want anything to do with "moving around" and learning new position. Certainly, not at the expense of his individual accolades.

You would think after the job this coaching staff has done with secondary players out of nowhere then they'd be given more credit. I'm not even going to mention they come from that interchangable pedigree up in NE.

Point being, I'm sure they know a few things about secondary guys and development.

If anything this suggest Minkah didn't want anything to do with "moving around" and learning new position. Certainly, not at the expense of his individual accolades.
There could be the underlining issue none of us know, his individual expectations didn't align with the teams. I don't think we'll have any primadonna's on this team, I don't see it.

Still unimpressed. Fitzpatrick is responsible for the wins. Defense is still the worst in the league.

He's not involved with the offense so basing off that, being a rookie coach he's done a decent job with the game management. There's a few defensive guys who have improved. A big plus is the team is still playing but having a vet like Fitz has helped tremendously in that area. Still a lot left to be desired after watching the defense get manhandled on a weekly basis.

I'm in the B- to C+ range.
1575298708489.png

Flores is the greatest NFL rookie head coach of all time, move along.

giphy.gif

What a fantastic season now that we've beaten filthadelphia.

I don't give a damn about how low ALL of our draft picks fall, with Grier and Flores in charge the future is very bright!

Stephen Ross FINALLY getting some big decisions right cot damn, LOL Gase!

Cautionary tale grading a coach who isn’t Supposed to win but wins anyway...

When the expectations are high and we have spent money - we will see how the team handles pressure

I give him a solid B for getting the three wins Can we concede that Rosen is a fail because Fitz gets all the practice reps and games

Do we credit Flo for Fitz ability and sure will to win and not discredit Flo for them not getting this second Rd investment ready to compete???

I see a culture being implemented, and I like the direction of said culture. As it pertains to pressure this is the NFL and he's a rookie head coach I can't see him having more pressure than this year but based on what I see weekly I believe the Phins have found their coach and I support him.
As it pertains to Rosen, Vince Lombardi could coach me and I would not be ready to compete because I don't have it. They gave him an opportunity and he failed not just in the coaches eyes but the players were disgruntled too. He was setting the receivers up to get killed and it's one thing to tell players we aren't going to be good (based on moves), but totally different thing to increase my chance of getting hurt. #M2C

Solid B. After early struggles, he has grown into the role. He has alleviated my greatest fear that he would be a glorified position coach. He does appear to take the HC duties as an HC should instead of being a glorified coordinator like Gase. He has delegated responsibilities to coaches who appear to have developed some serviceable units with subpar talent. That is a good omen.

The team is gritty and punches above its weight which I believe is a reflection of the coach.

However, other than that it’s difficult to make an assessment of how this will pan out long term because what they do now with a team with zero expectations isn’t always a barometer of how they will perform when games actually matter.

Flores does have a penchant for making some questionable and sometimes maddening in-game and time management decisions that have doomed other coaches when playing for playoff contention. His use of time outs often have me scratching my head.

While the season has been encouraging, people anointing him already are getting ahead of their skis.

One thing that must be factored in is that a vet QB like Fitzpatrick can cover up some in-game coaching deficiencies by correcting things on the field and already having the years of experience to understand every situation. It’s a much more challenging task to develop a young franchise QB for continued sustainable success.

That has eventually doomed every other “promising” first year coach who came through Davie in the past 20 years.

Last edited:
I see a culture being implemented, and I like the direction of said culture. As it pertains to pressure this is the NFL and he's a rookie head coach I can't see him having more pressure than this year but based on what I see weekly I believe the Phins have found their coach and I support him.
As it pertains to Rosen, Vince Lombardi could coach me and I would not be ready to compete because I don't have it. They gave him an opportunity and he failed not just in the coaches eyes but the players were disgruntled too. He was setting the receivers up to get killed and it's one thing to tell players we aren't going to be good (based on moves), but totally different thing to increase my chance of getting hurt. #M2C
He has pressure?? Have you seen the length of his contract??

He has pressure?? Have you seen the length of his contract??
From what I've seen, I think you'll find head coaches get fired all the time, regardless of contract length. Billionaires can afford to act on principal, unlike us lowbies in the real world :hclap:

Back
Top Bottom