Grade Flores: So Far This Season... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade Flores: So Far This Season...

From what I've seen, I think you'll find head coaches get fired all the time, regardless of contract length. Billionaires can afford to act on principal, unlike us lowbies in the real world :hclap:
They jettisoned their healthy starting QB who beats the Pats for a 37 year old QB who has never been to the post season

I don’t think Flo was under pressure to make it to the POs

Clear

They jettisoned their healthy starting QB who beats the Pats for a 37 year old QB who has never been to the post season

I don’t think Flo was under pressure to make it to the POs

Clear

Perhaps, but I think Flo did need to show improvement, even with easily the worst cards dealt in the league this year. And, maybe with an understanding from the FO that expectations wouldn't be normal? Can we agree he's exceeded expectations in that regard?

A-

2019 has been the most lopsided season IMHO fans wise since I personally became a fan in 1982.

I've been a FH member 10+ years and I've never witnessed such a massive divide within Fins fans than this current season.

A good majority were drinking the media driven "tank" Kool-Aid; meanwhile a minority of fans were opposed to tanking from jump (myself included).

"Tua is a once a generation QB, Tua is the savior, Tua will deliver us to the promised land", etc. has been constant non-stop rhetoric since September.

My "analysis" of Tua is for starters durability is a huge question mark/red flag.

Second, "Tua throws the best deep ball" has been consistently praised by media and fans alike. Legit non-hater question I have is will that be the same case throwing in East Rutherford, Orchard Park, and Foxboro in November-December?

It's one thing doing this in Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, indoors in the SEC Champ. game and so forth.

Yes it's a full rebuild season which everything is gutted/stripped down roster wise but to get possibly more than 5 wins in the same season is friggin miraculous and praiseworthy itself.

The most important caveat behind the A- grade is this: PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.

The in game management is where Jim Caldwell would have helped Flores. Wonder how he’s doing with his health. I’ve heard nothing.

I see a culture being implemented, and I like the direction of said culture. As it pertains to pressure this is the NFL and he's a rookie head coach I can't see him having more pressure than this year but based on what I see weekly I believe the Phins have found their coach and I support him.
As it pertains to Rosen, Vince Lombardi could coach me and I would not be ready to compete because I don't have it. They gave him an opportunity and he failed not just in the coaches eyes but the players were disgruntled too. He was setting the receivers up to get killed and it's one thing to tell players we aren't going to be good (based on moves), but totally different thing to increase my chance of getting hurt. #M2C

I don't get the Rosen hatefest...

Was he playing badly before he was replaced...yes.

Was Fitzpatrick playing badly before Rosen replaced him...yes.

If Fitzpatrick comes crashing back to Earth, as he usually does during a hot streak, does he suddenly not have 'it' anymore?

I don't get the Rosen hatefest...

Was he playing badly before he was replaced...yes.

Was Fitzpatrick playing badly before Rosen replaced him...yes.

If Fitzpatrick comes crashing back to Earth, as he usually does during a hot streak, does he suddenly not have 'it' anymore?
I'm not sure how reflective those first 6-7 games were of either guys actual ability.

With zero rushing game, and a litteral jailbreak of pass rushers on every possession, no QB would have looked good.

He has certainly done enough to make me start believing again but we’ll see how he gets in with the new season and talent FA out in front of him. His first judgement year will be next year he had a freebie this year but still more than satisfied.

I mean how can u not want a coach who makes Terry Crews look like a puppy

So far, so good. I think he is doing a good job.

Don't know if some people fall into this group or not, but there are those who decide a player is a bust after 8 games, but won't make a decision on Flo because it's his 1st season. Like many here, I'm encouraged by what I see, but won't crown him COY yet.

B+ We'd have no business winning 3 games with the ragtag personnel we have if not for coaching and that includes player development and team-building motivation. If not for Ballage doing the same thing over and over again, I'd have given him an "A"

It may not be the tastiest and richest chicken salad Flo has made out of Chicken ****, but it's more than edible!

A-

2019 has been the most lopsided season IMHO fans wise since I personally became a fan in 1982.

I've been a FH member 10+ years and I've never witnessed such a massive divide within Fins fans than this current season.

A good majority were drinking the media driven "tank" Kool-Aid; meanwhile a minority of fans were opposed to tanking from jump (myself included).

"Tua is a once a generation QB, Tua is the savior, Tua will deliver us to the promised land", etc. has been constant non-stop rhetoric since September.

My "analysis" of Tua is for starters durability is a huge question mark/red flag.

Second, "Tua throws the best deep ball" has been consistently praised by media and fans alike. Legit non-hater question I have is will that be the same case throwing in East Rutherford, Orchard Park, and Foxboro in November-December?

It's one thing doing this in Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, indoors in the SEC Champ. game and so forth.

Yes it's a full rebuild season which everything is gutted/stripped down roster wise but to get possibly more than 5 wins in the same season is friggin miraculous and praiseworthy itself.

The most important caveat behind the A- grade is this: PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.

You don’t sound too convinced that there is a massive divide.

Where is the massive divide if you believe there is one because you said you are are part of a small minority that wasn’t for a tank. All you are saying is that most of the realists were Ok with this teardown - which it is in every way shape and form

The tank happened 3-9 - we are in position to draft that gimp you write about

1-10

2-8

Same bologna sandwich

Fitz climbed mIA out of a few fox holes or it would look much much worse than 3wins with a plausible 2-3 more wins on the schedule we could conceivably go with 5 or 6 wins and still be in position to swing for the fences on Tua

You don’t sound too convinced that there is a massive divide.

Where is the massive divide if you believe there is one because you said you are are part of a small minority that wasn’t for a tank. All you are saying is that most of the realists were Ok with this teardown - which it is in every way shape and form

The tank happened 3-9 - we are in position to draft that gimp you write about

1-10

2-8

Same bologna sandwich

Fitz climbed mIA out of a few fox holes or it would look much much worse than 3wins with a plausible 2-3 more wins on the schedule we could conceivably go with 5 or 6 wins and still be in position to swing for the fences on Tua

With all the Tua threads both here and in the draft forum there's a massive divide with a PRO-TUA sentiment/feel. If the small section of posters who aren't on the Tua bandwagon attempting to explain there reasons for such then all hell breaks loose which it has pointless times.

Same for let's Tank the season threads. There is a divide if presumably 80% of posters were let's go 0-16 so we can TANK FOR TUA and on the flip side display disappointment especially post-Jets game.

With all the Tua threads both here and in the draft forum there's a massive divide with a PRO-TUA sentiment/feel. If the small section of posters who aren't on the Tua bandwagon attempting to explain there reasons for such then all hell breaks loose which it has pointless times.

Same for let's Tank the season threads. There is a divide if presumably 80% of posters were let's go 0-16 so we can TANK FOR TUA and on the flip side display disappointment especially post-Jets game.
I don’t see a divide I see opinion

I give him an A. Way better than Gase, Philbin, or Cameron. He is a leader instead of a technician. If he can get this much production out of a very poor roster, imagine what he do with more talented players. I think we are finally on the right path.

I give him an A. Way better than Gase, Philbin, or Cameron. He is a leader instead of a technician. If he can get this much production out of a very poor roster, imagine what he do with more talented players. I think we are finally on the right path.

Yep, primarily a leader with a vision and focus. But, also knows what makes an effective coach. He knows what he needs in a coaching staff and how to get them.

Back
Top Bottom