Grade McD: Last Season... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade McD: Last Season...

Labelling people who are excited about the changes McDaniel has made to the offense and overall team culture as apologists and homers feels unnecessary.

Every coach makes in game errors. Less experienced coaches probably make more. Good ones learn and improve.

No doubt he made errors in the Buffalo game but if you’re not incredibly excited for the new season I think you’re missing the bigger picture … the team is trending upwards and that’s good news

Maybe if we win a playoff game he might earn a B- 🙃
Nope, apologists and homers. I stand by that. He made a **** load of terrible mistakes. However, I’m rooting for him to improve

C+, we were slightly above average and made the playoffs by backing in against a Jets teams that was slightly worse than we were. McDaniel experienced early success with a strong intermediate passing game. San Francisco exposed how to slow that down and McDaniel never made correct adjustments to how teames where stopping us, even before Tua went down.

He was also a big reason we lost the playoff game against Buffalo because he takes too long to pick a play and get it into the QB. This was an issue all year, but especially when dealing with a rookie QB on the road in a playoff game. I really like McDaniel a lot, but won't sugar coat the fact that his inexperience cost us games in both adjustments and taking too long to call plays. The good news is he now has a year under his belt and should be much better this year!
Great points and agree on the play calling delays. As mentioned earlier, the 4th and inches becoming 4th and 5 on the last drive of the playoff game was as bad as it gets, really. He didn’t get pummeled as much as he probably deserved for that. Mainly because he was a rookie, ST a rookie and we haven’t been in the playoffs in forever. That stuff cannot happen this year

I'll give him a 77 with the hopes of bringing that grade up to at least an 87 in the very near future, while trending towards a Superb Owl grade of 100.

We are talking his play calling and not player execution, of course.

Back
Top Bottom