Grade Our Squad @ The Bye... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade Our Squad @ The Bye...

The hard things about doing this is the fact that we've played some good teams and some bad teams. Our offense and defense have looked much better against Jax and the jets of course. I want to see how they do against better teams. It's been better in all areas for the last two weeks but SF was depleted and trending down at the time and the jets......enough said about them.
Fair point Danny but you can only rate who you play against.
Yes some good and some bad thus quite a few average marks are being given.
I rated slightly higher because we have certainly been far more competitive in our 6 games this year than last and some positive seeds for the future are starting to germinate.

I rated slightly higher because we have certainly been far more competitive in our 6 games this year than last and some positive seeds for the future are starting to germinate.
Fair enough, but then you are grading improvement, not how the team compares with the rest of the league.

Nothing wrong with doing the grades. It's just hard for me to do it. Yes the results have been better than last year but I expected that with a much better roster. I'm not sure how the next 6 games will go but we'll know how far(or short) we've come in the last 4 games....
vs-KC
vs-NE
at Raiders
at Buffalo

those last 4 games should tell us a lot.

Fair enough, but then you are grading improvement, not how the team compares with the rest of the league.

That's part of the debate. The OP gives no baseline. Some judge by what they expected, some by progress, some by the rest of the league. All perspectives are acceptable.

The hard things about doing this is the fact that we've played some good teams and some bad teams. Our offense and defense have looked much better against Jax and the jets of course. I want to see how they do against better teams. It's been better in all areas for the last two weeks but SF was depleted and trending down at the time and the jets......enough said about them.

I get your point, but the Rams have lost to the winning team they played (BUF), and blown out WAS and PHI. Beat the Jets 17-19. No, I don't say (yet) Miami is as good as the Rams, but they haven't looked good against some pretty good teams. Nonetheless, it is possible to grade the team.

Sure, I'll play:
Offense C. Below average running game and a lack of overall speed and quickness.
Defense B- Improving, but nicked up.
STs A- Best Kicker/Punter combo in league, but PR scares the Hell out of me.
Very close to how I'd grade it. I might go C+ on offense. I believe Miami is slightly above average in points scored. Agree running game isn't quite there yet.

Defense was close to an F for first several weeks, but close to an A the last two.

Glad you mentioned Sanders. He has been excellent.

Biggest improvement from a year ago has been the play of the offensive line.

I don’t do grades but I’d say the team as a whole is ascending and that’s all I care about.

the qb change is a game changer. A ceiling changer

folks need to start saying “why not us!”
Yeah, it's easy to dream on where Miami could be right now had Tua started earlier. Fitzpatrick has a couple of great games, but Seattle and Buffalo were winnable with better play from the quarterback.

I'm also interested to see what players might fare better with Tua under center. The season has certainly become more interesting.

I haven’t been this excited since tannehills third year. And this feels much more like a team than I can ever recall.

these guys play for each other.

elevated qb consistency execution and we in business.

doesn't change the fact that our O has left too many points on the field. the Seahawks game was pull your hair out bad
They left points on the field against the Jets, as well. Guys were running wide open down field and Fitzpatrick threw to a shorter route.

Collectively: B.

Exceeding my expectations and a game back in the division and in front of NE. I’ll take it.

Jakeem Grant is gone after this season

That's a possibility only if he continues to play as he is now. He could turn things around by the end of the season and remain a Dolphin. Let's see what unfolds.

USATSI_11306093.jpg

Back
Top Bottom