Grade Our Squad @ The Bye... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade Our Squad @ The Bye...

I rate us a 7.

For how many points we are gonna get on each drive moving forward

Offense/Defense = C

ST = A

Coaching = C+

Got to beat some tougher teams for me to be satisfied. JAX, Jets and banged up 49ers don't do it for me.

Rams are defensive. Could go either way. I'm not scared of them. Watched Bears last night who were basically comatosed on Offense. They were in the game until late 2nd half. They basically beat NFC East. Not difficult. I'm looking forward to seeing seeing Phins win.

This is the game that will be the true barometer for where we are as a team. Did we really turn a corner or is this fool's gold?

If we can spank the Rams we can spank almost anyone.

Last edited:
Thia is the game that will be the true barometer for where we are as a team. Did we really turn a corner or is this fool's gold?

I would look past the Rams but they are not as advertised. Good friend of mine is huge Bears fan and he says their offense is bottom 10 in the league at best. Living off that D will only get you so far.
I'm expecting another win. If not? Close game.

Thia is the game that will be the true barometer for where we are as a team. Did we really turn a corner or is this fool's gold?

Agree, but I'll be happy if the score is close

We lost to New England with ZERO time to gameplan. We had no idea what to expect with Cam. We also kept it closer than we should have.

We lost to Buffalo in by far our worst game of the season. We played like **** here and still didn't get crushed.

We beat the snot out of Jax.

We actually played Seattle really tough. I was impressed here.

We had and A+ effort @ San Fran, which is never easy.

We took care of business against the Jets.

I give us a B+ , I think we are doing as good as any of us could have hoped for. An A++ if Tua even looks solid

I'm not sure one good game by Grant lets the ST get an A. Just my opinion

Its all good bro...gave them an 'A' because Sanders has been hitting them all, like literally he's 100% - 15/15 on FG's so far.

Well, I probably just jinxed him....:wall

Overall I'm going with a C-

QB - INC. Would have gone with a B for Fitzmagic, who has been the strongest part of our offense, but we've changed course to blood the rookie, so all bets are off. Long term, if he stays healthy, this is a good move. Short term, QB grade could be anywhere.

OL - B. I'm _extremely_ pleased with the OL thus far ... and I'd go so far as to say it may be performing above the NFL average! Huge kudos to the OL Coach for such a dramatic change, Ted Karras for coordinating our OL so proficiently, all the new players (Ereck Flowers, Ted Karras, Austin Jackson, Solomon Kindley and even Robert Hunt) for making our OL not suck. Kudos also to Jesse Davis for leading this group and helping everyone get comfortable with Miami and their new environment as well as playing very sound football in his own right. I couldn't be happier about our OL right now. Keep it up!

TE - B. We have 3 good, young, talented TE's each beginning to blossom in their own right. Durham Smythe is the leader of this group despite being a young player, and it's good to see him improving both as a blocker and a pass catcher. Adam Shaheen has likewise impressed in both areas (particularly as a pass catcher) in a short amount of time. Let's hope Shaheen can stay healthy. Mike Gesicki looks to be taking that first step towards stardom this year ... and I kinda feel about him the same way I felt about Travis Kelce just before he broke out--excellence is imminent by next season. Despite all these good things, we're not great yet, so only a B.

RB - C-. I'm very happy to have Myles Gaskin, who has been doing ever-so-well. But I'm quite disappointed in Matt Breida, someone for whom I had high hopes. I'm disappointed with Jordan Howard despite the easy TD's on obvious power running goal-line situations. While our OL's run blocking has been poor, I think its the RB's who really need to step it up, as this would be a failing grade without Gaskins.

WR - C. Love what DaVante Parker has done and is doing. Preston Williams is having another solid season. But, as a group our WR corps looks pretty average. Extremely disappointed by players who should be stepping up who decided to step out of playing in 2020 .... and I'm looking at you Albert Wilson.

DL - D. Poor performances from a mediocre group of players. We need better run defense across the line, and far better pass rush from our ends. This is simply not good enough.

LB - D. The worst LB corps in the league is marginally better. Congrats on no longer earning a failing grade ........ ehhhhh ...... but that's not good enough.

DB - B. When they've played, Byron Jones and Xavien Howard have been excellent. This is working as I envisioned, where Byron Jones' stifling play has caused QB's to throw away from him, giving Xavien Howard lots of opportunities for takeaways ... and X gets 'em. Iggy is having a typical rookie year with lots of .... teachable moments .... but that's part of the learning curve for most rookie CB's. Bobby McCain is miscast as a safety, IMHO, but he's doing OK. Eric Rowe is not having quite as good of a season as last year but hasn't been too bad. I'd say our big money CB's are delivering .... and everyone else is mediocre at best. But hey, with that DL and LB corps in front of them, we can't really expect lights-out play from a secondary not getting nearly enough from the pass rush.

IMHO, we're relatively lucky to be 3-3, and our roster is below the NFL average. Big change removing Fitzmagic--who has been the source of much of our offensive success. Curious to see how we'll do as we help Tua learn. Long term, Tua's development is what matters most.

I would say at this point in time we might not be the best team in the division, but we are the team in the division nobody wants to play.
If we’re grading against expectations that really isn’t bad.

Overall I'm going with a C-

QB - INC. Would have gone with a B for Fitzmagic, who has been the strongest part of our offense, but we've changed course to blood the rookie, so all bets are off. Long term, if he stays healthy, this is a good move. Short term, QB grade could be anywhere.

OL - B. I'm _extremely_ pleased with the OL thus far ... and I'd go so far as to say it may be performing above the NFL average! Huge kudos to the OL Coach for such a dramatic change, Ted Karras for coordinating our OL so proficiently, all the new players (Ereck Flowers, Ted Karras, Austin Jackson, Solomon Kindley and even Robert Hunt) for making our OL not suck. Kudos also to Jesse Davis for leading this group and helping everyone get comfortable with Miami and their new environment as well as playing very sound football in his own right. I couldn't be happier about our OL right now. Keep it up!

TE - B. We have 3 good, young, talented TE's each beginning to blossom in their own right. Durham Smythe is the leader of this group despite being a young player, and it's good to see him improving both as a blocker and a pass catcher. Adam Shaheen has likewise impressed in both areas (particularly as a pass catcher) in a short amount of time. Let's hope Shaheen can stay healthy. Mike Gesicki looks to be taking that first step towards stardom this year ... and I kinda feel about him the same way I felt about Travis Kelce just before he broke out--excellence is imminent by next season. Despite all these good things, we're not great yet, so only a B.

RB - C-. I'm very happy to have Myles Gaskin, who has been doing ever-so-well. But I'm quite disappointed in Matt Breida, someone for whom I had high hopes. I'm disappointed with Jordan Howard despite the easy TD's on obvious power running goal-line situations. While our OL's run blocking has been poor, I think its the RB's who really need to step it up, as this would be a failing grade without Gaskins.

WR - C. Love what DaVante Parker has done and is doing. Preston Williams is having another solid season. But, as a group our WR corps looks pretty average. Extremely disappointed by players who should be stepping up who decided to step out of playing in 2020 .... and I'm looking at you Albert Wilson.

DL - D. Poor performances from a mediocre group of players. We need better run defense across the line, and far better pass rush from our ends. This is simply not good enough.

LB - D. The worst LB corps in the league is marginally better. Congrats on no longer earning a failing grade ........ ehhhhh ...... but that's not good enough.

DB - B. When they've played, Byron Jones and Xavien Howard have been excellent. This is working as I envisioned, where Byron Jones' stifling play has caused QB's to throw away from him, giving Xavien Howard lots of opportunities for takeaways ... and X gets 'em. Iggy is having a typical rookie year with lots of .... teachable moments .... but that's part of the learning curve for most rookie CB's. Bobby McCain is miscast as a safety, IMHO, but he's doing OK. Eric Rowe is not having quite as good of a season as last year but hasn't been too bad. I'd say our big money CB's are delivering .... and everyone else is mediocre at best. But hey, with that DL and LB corps in front of them, we can't really expect lights-out play from a secondary not getting nearly enough from the pass rush.

IMHO, we're relatively lucky to be 3-3, and our roster is below the NFL average. Big change removing Fitzmagic--who has been the source of much of our offensive success. Curious to see how we'll do as we help Tua learn. Long term, Tua's development is what matters most.

fair assessment. i think the DL could be a C considering Wilkins' and especially Ogbah's play of late.

I would say at this point in time we might not be the best team in the division, but we are the team in the division nobody wants to play.
If we’re grading against expectations that really isn’t bad.
IDK about the "nobody wants to play" rhetoric.

I doubt KC, frets much over playing us. The Bills have owned us recently. Zona and Vegas aren't shying away from anyone either.

I think we are a team on a fast track up arrow, but we haven't earned that type of respect from top teams..........yet.

Back
Top Bottom