Grades for the o-line yesterday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grades for the o-line yesterday

I thought Hunt fought all day. I would have graded him higher. It's a damn shame we didn't make a run at Linsley from the Packers. Linsley was first team all pro last season. He snaps the ball to Justin Herbert now! That dude could have helped us but not a sniff from the idiot Grier. He went cheap and got crap in Skura that had to be cut because he couldn't beat out Dieter. Dieter gets hurt and some 3rd stringer is our center. I'm very sorry but I rooted for this team when they had Jim Langer and Dwight Stevenson so this stupidity is just off the charts. This oline is a feeble effort and it's killing us. Believe me the defense would play better if the offense was cranking up points. If Grier is so slick let him get us a legit center and a veteran guard or 2.

I wonder how they interpreted the strip sack from Eich’s pass rusher. Does he flat grade negatively there or are the grades more nuanced, like do they take into account that Brissett should have been able to step up there?

ive been saying eichenberg is the best OL on the team atm as a rookie, he's a rookie so he will go thru some growing pains but he will have a solid nfl career. is going to be a hof? no but he will be better then an average.

Too bad it took them so long to make the switch. I still think Hunt and Davis should swap so Hunt is at RT.
I agree, it will prob be better for sure, Jesse Davis as a tackle is real bad and got tua injured.

I wonder how they interpreted the strip sack from Eich’s pass rusher. Does he flat grade negatively there or are the grades more nuanced, like do they take into account that Brissett should have been able to step up there?
Should have, if not for our troubled pupil, AJ!

Anybody know how Hunt graded out at RT last year??
His overall grade for 2020 at RT was 65.8. I know people hate Davis, but he consistently grades out as league average every year (his was like ~64 on more snaps than Hunt). Hunt generally has a high run blocking score and a below average pass blocking score.

Layton Stauffer (@stauffer_layton)
Via PFF, here is the Dolphins’ OL grades from yesterday: LT Liam Eichenberg - 76.0 LG Austin Jackson - 65.5 C Greg Mancz - 66.6 RG Robert Hunt - 61.1 RT Jesse Davis - 68.5

Don't shoot the messenger but I knew Eich played well yesterday so that's good.
I actually agree with this. They did play better….But like I said in my grades, that bar wasn’t set too ****en high. Let’s see how they do against Jacksonville.

It took them too long to figure this out but this should be the alignment moving forward. As terrible as the 2020 draft class was the 2021 class could be great (waddle, Phillips, Eichenberg, and Holland) have all shown flashes
Not giving up on Tua, but agree this draft class looks good.

Interesting that Hunt is the lowest ranked of the starters. I think he is the lineman with the most upside of the group.

Eichenberg likely stays at LT.

Come on, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel - LOL
I actually agree with this. They did play better….But like I said in my grades, that bar wasn’t set too ****en high. Let’s see how they do against Jacksonville.
Will the team have translators when they visit London?

Really. I worked with an Irish engineer and one day while we were working at our desks he asked me if I had a "rubber". I was "surprised". It turns out that's the British-English word for "eraser", but I was unaware of it at the time.

Another little gem our guys need to stay away from is commenting about looking forward to thanksgiving and "getting stuffed" at dinner, which in British-English means "getting F**ked".

The simplest statements may get our guys in trouble, and after hearing a few of them talk, simple statements and slang seems to be their main focus. Couple that with some of the British accents, I think our guys will come away with something to talk about.

Back
Top Bottom