Grading Hickey's Signings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading Hickey's Signings

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Brent Grimes CB- (A+) Obviously our best player on defense last year and arguably the best player on our team. Didn't even let Grimes hit the market. Love it!!!

Louis Delmas FS- (B) Like the one year deal, lets see what he can do and make him work for the contract.

Branden Albert OT- (A-) The key to this offseason is to fix the line to protect Tannehill, lets not forget this guys. Albert may be average in the run game but only gave up 4 sacks in 555 chances in 2013. Did we overpay? Yes, but we had to because the Cardinals were on our *** for him early on as well.

Earl Mitchell DT- (A) I know he is not officially signed but he will be. Mitchell was cheaper than Soliai and Mitchell put up with double teams to free up Watt. He is also 4 years younger than Soliai and Starks. He also has potential to be a very good pass rusher. (Ran a 4.75!!!) Great signing!

Trading Jonathan Martin- (A+) Don't have to explain....

Last edited by a moderator:
Brent Grimes CB- (A+) Obviously our best player on defense last year and arguably the best player on our team. Didn't even let Grimes hit the market. Love it!!!

Louis Delmas FS- (B) Like the one year deal, lets see what he can do and make him work for the contract.

Branden Albert OT- (A-) The key to this offseason is to fix the line to protect Tannehill, lets not forget this guys. Albert may be average in the run game but only gave up 4 sacks in 555 chances in 2013. Did we overpay? Yes, but we had to because the Cardinals were on our *** for him early on as well.

Earl Mitchell DT- (A) I know he is not officially signed but he will be. Mitchell was cheaper than Soliai and Mitchell put up with double teams to free up Watt. He is also 4 years younger than Soliai and Starks. He also has potential to be a very good pass rusher. (Ran a 4.75!!!) Great signing!

Would you like to tell me that Delmas is better than Clemons?

Would you like to tell me that Mitchell is better than Starks?

IMO, we got worse at both positions but, am looking forward to you showing where I am wrong????

Hickey just one upped our countries credit score!! Lol

reminds me of last year when every signing we did was considered great on this board.
Remember ellerbeast, then he became Ellerbust lol

Would you like to tell me that Delmas is better than Clemons?

Would you like to tell me that Mitchell is better than Starks?

IMO, we got worse at both positions but, am looking forward to you showing where I am wrong????

Actually Delmas has more potential than Clemons, hopefully he stays healthy, if not then so be it because its a one year deal.
Mitchell is four younger and asked less than Starks.

So yes, I will take my chances on Delmas and Mitchell over Clemons and Starks.

Grimes - A+ ..... Excellent signing, excellent player, excellent citizen, excellent in the locker room, and excellent deal. He wanted to be here, so it made Hickey's job easier.

Delmas - C ..... He's a good player but plays a similar role to Jones, lacks the top speed to catch broken plays, and most importantly, he has serious durability issues.

Branden Albert C ... Good player, but not particularly strong in run game, which is OK because he's a good pass protector, but he's the oldest, has serious durability issues, and we overpaid. He lives right here ... we shouldn't have paid a home town premium.

Earl Mitchell - C- .... Good price for a decent player, but IMHO, he is no Paul Soliai. I will be very interested to see how our run defense does with Mitchel there.

So far our roster has gotten very brittle and one-dimensional. Delmas doesn't excel in coverage nor is he really a ballhawk. That will be one expensive training table if Delmas and Albert get injured ... which is likely. Albert was overpaid for a guy who lives down the street. I'll reserve judgement, But Soliai was a stud against the run ... and Mitchell doesn't strike me as quite as effective against the run.

Actually Delmas has more potential than Clemons, hopefully he stays healthy, if not then so be it because its a one year deal.

Well he asked for less than Starks because he is not as good as starks

Grimes - A+ ..... Excellent signing, excellent player, excellent citizen, excellent in the locker room, and excellent deal. He wanted to be here, so it made Hickey's job easier.

Delmas - C ..... He's a good player but plays a similar role to Jones, lacks the top speed to catch broken plays, and most importantly, he has serious durability issues.

Branden Albert C ... Good player, but not particularly strong in run game, which is OK because he's a good pass protector, but he's the oldest, has serious durability issues, and we overpaid. He lives right here ... we shouldn't have paid a home town premium.

Earl Mitchell - C- .... Good price for a decent player, but IMHO, he is no Paul Soliai. I will be very interested to see how our run defense does with Mitchel there.

So far our roster has gotten very brittle and one-dimensional. Delmas doesn't excel in coverage nor is he really a ballhawk. That will be one expensive training table if Delmas and Albert get injured ... which is likely. Albert was overpaid for a guy who lives down the street. I'll reserve judgement, But Soliai was a stud against the run ... and Mitchell doesn't strike me as quite as effective against the run.

Delmas deal being a one year deal makes it a so much better deal.

Albert being great in pass protection helps our young QB who needs time to throw.

As for Mitchell, I believe he was Starks replacement. We still have money and picks to find Soliai's replacement.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Well he asked for less than Starks because he is not as good as starks

He was also a NT taking on double teams more than Starks.

Last I heard, we are not re-building where potential and youth matter. I can guarantee that any GM in the NFL, asked who they would want on the field, would take Starks and Clemons. No doubt about it.

this is ridiculous....grade what? They havent played a down on this team. For all you know any one of these players could blow out a knee ...what happens to your grade then? You dont grade FA's upon contract signing! Oi Vei!

How does this team get better with the same players? We finished the way we did with these players. Is it the coaching staff?

Last I heard, we are not re-building where potential and youth matter. I can guarantee that any GM in the NFL, asked who they would want on the field, would take Starks and Clemons. No doubt about it.

So what would you of rather did? Keep overpaying for the big names, or settle for some of the players with tons of potential plus they already proven to be a good player?

Paying for your big names left and right will **** you financially.

Back
Top Bottom