Grant Traded | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grant Traded

We release Grant due to a fumble , and Fuller hurt , but Wilson drops 3 balls out of 7 attempts. This won't change anything but timing not right

Bye Jakeem. I really wanted you to succeed, but your Hands of Stone kept you from it.

I've always been a supporter of Jakeem Grant, and hoped we could unlock his potential ... but it was the right time for him to move elsewhere and explore pastures new. We did very well to move his contract and still get a draft pick for this veteran low round draft pick. He has the best lateral agility in the NFL, IMHO, and he is either one of the fastest men in the NFL or THE fastest man .... regardless, he couldn't turn that into production here in Miami. He dropped passes/punts/kicks too often, didn't become a good route runner, and while a team player .... simply wasn't productive enough.

But, he was a very good Dolphin and always did what the team needed and coaches wanted, including being a very good locker room guy. I wish him all the best, and will be very happy if he becomes a late-bloomer and unlocks his undeniable potential at his next team. Thank you Jakeem for all the memories, and you'll always be welcome in Miami.

Grant may have fizzled out here but he was a great guy, dedicated to his craft and had some amazing moments returning kicks.

I wish him nothing but the best. I've been to a handful of games the past few years and Grant was always enthusiastic, hyped up and leader on the sidelines.

Good luck Jakeem!
Even w the gaffes, if we are 3-1 we wouldn’t have traded him. I just wish we would have gotten a player who could help us this year for him.

I've always been a supporter of Jakeem Grant, and hoped we could unlock his potential ... but it was the right time for him to move elsewhere and explore pastures new. We did very well to move his contract and still get a draft pick for this veteran low round draft pick. He has the best lateral agility in the NFL, IMHO, and he is either one of the fastest men in the NFL or THE fastest man .... regardless, he couldn't turn that into production here in Miami. He dropped passes/punts/kicks too often, didn't become a good route runner, and while a team player .... simply wasn't productive enough.

But, he was a very good Dolphin and always did what the team needed and coaches wanted, including being a very good locker room guy. I wish him all the best, and will be very happy if he becomes a late-bloomer and unlocks his undeniable potential at his next team. Thank you Jakeem for all the memories, and you'll always be welcome in Miami.
Well said.

Eh, to me it's like we just bailed a dixie cup of water out of the Titanic.

I’m a big Grant supporter. He’s scored more TDs on returns than any player in our clubs history. That said, he’s laid a complete egg this year so far so I’m not going to puke on the move - though I do wish him well.

As an aside, it feels a bit like Grier and Flores starting to throw players under the bus out of self-preservation interests. As in this move doesn’t help us this year. Find a T to trade for, a RB - something to help us w salvaging this season.
No, they just traded a player who was failing us. Plain and simple

Ya. But you could say that about a lot of guys right now…
Absolutely but he has been more glaring than anyone else the past couple of years when he’s turned hopeful clutch plays into drops that killed multiple drives. He was the easy one to choose because he’s a one trick pony. He offers nothing but special teams play and he blew that one.

This is the best news I have seen regarding the Dolphins since the New England victory and Jaelan Phillips drafting.

I have not wanted a player gone as much since Kiki Alonso and glad we were able to trade them both

Absolutely but he has been more glaring than anyone else the past couple of years when he’s turned hopeful clutch plays into drops that killed multiple drives. He was the easy one to choose because he’s a one trick pony. He offers nothing but special teams play and he blew that one.
He did. He really did blow it.

This is the best news I have seen regarding the Dolphins since the New England victory and Jaelan Phillips drafting.

I have not wanted a player gone as much since Kiki Alonso and glad we were able to trade them both
This feels a little extreme. I remember Kiko’s pick 6 of Philip rivers helped put us in the playoffs in 2016.

Sorry to say but Jakeem Grant was a curse.

Every time he was on the field and I looked at my two sons and said "oh no not Grant, he's can't catch and he's gonna fumble" and I was right 1/2 the time.

That's poor personal decision and it was obvious. He will bust in Chicago to because his hands are like mine - tiny! The difference is I'm not trying to make a living on national TV playing football!

Seriously he was part of the same old Dolphins.

He stunk it up! and I'm praying the guy makes it elsewhere but seriously he cursed us!

Back
Top Bottom