Grant with hamstring | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grant with hamstring

Tua needs to win this game, no matter how beat up we are. Give our beat-up guys a week to recover. A win is a win. Even if we should beat them by 20, a 7 point win counts the same. Just a lot more stress for us as fans.Worst case we lose, the Jets do not get Lawrence . Always a sliver lining

I hear you he’s a rookie but hey I’m not alone. Not like we’re playing a great defense:
View attachment 59406

All I’m saying is we shouldn’t have pre meditated excuses before the game. Expect a bounce back, not oh our line sucks, oh our weapons suck. If Fitz was playing we would absolutely expect him to beat the Jets and if he didn’t we WOULD NOT point to this stuff at all even though it would be just as valid. Instead of “bad line”, “ no “weapons” it would be that INT was all his fault etc. My biggest point is to treat the players the same. Same team, same excuses but I realize I’m wasting my breath because I know that will never happen.

I really hope he rebounds and we’re not talking about the line and weapon. over the next week.
I agree we should try to grade and evaluate our players equally. However, we all have some bias and pre-conceived notions that will always impact our opinions. However, if we are going to evaluate players on an even plane then our coaches must game plan the same. It seems the game plan for Tua is muted and hand-cuffed. Plus, for this game we have lost the few playmakers we have (Gaskin, Williams, Grant and our new RB)

You’re joking right? I love Tua and want him to work out just as bad as everyone else. I just can’t stand 2 things that happen on here all the time, nobody will agree or admit it.

1. Excuse train rolling BEFORE a game is played.

2. unfairness and different standards. I’ve never once seen anyone talk about how our line or weapons suck too much for Fitz to be successful. Never seen it.

I want Tua to be the QB for 15 years and live up to everyone’s expectations but I saw this stuff with Henne and Tannehill and I just don’t like it period. I’m sorry!

Now I’m dropping this, but I’m not riding the excuse train for a game vs the 0-10 Jets period.
Well said. Nothing but excuses. He's a professional football player and he does not have the luxury to worry about who he's throwing to. Just line up and play. No excuses needed.

I'm not sure who's going to stand up for us on offense. Parker and Gisecki will get a lot of targets. I'd like to see more of Calloway.

Maybe just me but I'm slightly concerned by the Jets Defense. I thought their d line caused us a few problems down here. Part of me would laugh if they beat us and messed up tanking for Trevor.
That's the only reason I think we will win, because I think they are tanking and have Jacksonville so close they cant afford to win. But honestly the way Tua and the Oline played last game, this should be a very low score, boring game by our offense. I'll wait for Tua to develop, we gave Tannehill 7 years. Tua has miles to go. Have seen some incredible throws but some really bad decisions and throws also.

Seriously guys we need to be able to trust our 5th overall pick with what we have just as we would our journeyman QB. Remember Fitz put up 24 with this same group, same line etc. against the Jets a few weeks back. NO EXCUSES!

Is the plan To play Fitz whenever it’s hard lol.

this is true. Tua needs to offset if need be

Kenny Stills was released, I know he's a one trick pony but it may be worth while to kick the tires on him and see.

Kenny Stills was released, I know he's a one trick pony but it may be worth while to kick the tires on him and see.
I guess you explore all avenues, but the more I think about it, I don't see the it.

What's the end game benefit? I want better, and I want it next year. He isn't a puzzle piece going forward. He has proven, as far as I'm concerned, not a "team guy". He has now been discarded by two teams, and apparently wasn't happy on a third.

Please see this thread. Pass...

Seriously guys we need to be able to trust our 5th overall pick with what we have just as we would our journeyman QB. Remember Fitz put up 24 with this same group, same line etc. against the Jets a few weeks back. NO EXCUSES!

Is the plan To play Fitz whenever it’s hard lol.
Seems like it, doesn't it? I don't get the need to baby Tua by trying to make sure everything is perfect for him to play. Once they put him in, it should be evaluation time every week. Let the kid experience the NFL as it actually is and learn from it. Also, let him play his game and quit trying to hide him with a lead. I know everyone is high on Flores right now, but the way he is handling Tua is just strange to me. This season will be a tragedy if we miss the playoffs and still don't know what Tua can do. Coach needs to decide what the goal is this season and stick with it.Let the cards fall where they may. Tou has shown very little of why he was hyped so much coming out of college, and the team really needs to see it if they are going to embrace him as a leader and future of the team.

Well said. Nothing but excuses. He's a professional football player and he does not have the luxury to worry about who he's throwing to. Just line up and play. No excuses needed.

I struggle with "excuses." Is a bruised thumb an excuse or a circumstance? If TT loses games 44-41, is the D an 'excuse' for his W/L or should should he have scored 48? Does anyone seriously think Mahommes would have won a SB on the Jets or would that have been an excuse?
There are circumstances beyond the control of the player. Poor supporting cast, no run game, awful D, Gase as HC, the list is endless. People may disagree over the play of the QB, but the word isn't 'looking top 10' or 'excuses.' No one here denies TT hasn't played well. Some of it is his fault, some of it isn't. I agree, go out there and play, but let's don't pretend every facet of an NFL team doesn't affect the QB

I struggle with "excuses." Is a bruised thumb an excuse or a circumstance? If TT loses games 44-41, is the D an 'excuse' for his W/L or should should he have scored 48? Does anyone seriously think Mahommes would have won a SB on the Jets or would that have been an excuse?
There are circumstances beyond the control of the player. Poor supporting cast, no run game, awful D, Gase as HC, the list is endless. People may disagree over the play of the QB, but the word isn't 'looking top 10' or 'excuses.' No one here denies TT hasn't played well. Some of it is his fault, some of it isn't. I agree, go out there and play, but let's don't pretend every facet of an NFL team doesn't affect the QB
This is well said. I'm saying plenty of NFL quarterbacks go out with bad receivers. Great quarterbacks make them better. From the beginning of Tom Brady's career, when he was nobody, he's made people better. You line up and play. Yes, things are out of your control, such as injuries, your defense, etc. He doesn't control that. He controls his play and decision making.

Back
Top Bottom