Grateful Parker Is All-In On The Fins! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grateful Parker Is All-In On The Fins!

Parker has shown a physicality and assertiveness that I frankly thought wasn't in him. I will take the L on that assessment. He's been really good. Good for him.

That quote he gave Schad also shows a self-awareness that I appreciate.

Seems the Pats system thrives off a slot receiver.

They've been lucky enough to have Welker followed by Edelman.

We don't have that guy (wish Landry could somehow have managed to stay).

We need a dominant slot to complement Parker, Preston and Gesicki.

That would be the missing element in our receiving corps.
I agree we need a fast, quick slot WR...preferably one that can return punts and kicks so we can get Preston off that duty ASAP...but I don't miss Landry at all. He was not a team first guy. I've not seen one of our receivers throw a tantrum yet, or get a stupid personal foul penalty for being a selfish cry baby.

One thing to keep in mind.....is WE HAVE TO utilize DVP more in the game plan.....we are simply out of guys, so the featuring or utilization increase we have seen with him is out of necessity to begin with. Same with Gesicki in my opinion.

However, I also think both players have responded well and seem to thrive on the focus they are getting in the passing game. You can literally feel their confidence growing as they encounter more and more success. I hope it is sustained and hope it is real...because if so, we benefit long term from both players and can cross off an area of need for 2020 and beyond.

Key point they both excel going high and attacking the pig!

Need to keep that in mind relative to the QB we draft etc.

Attack vertically and be strong down the field.

I agree we need a fast, quick slot WR...preferably one that can return punts and kicks so we can get Preston off that duty ASAP...but I don't miss Landry at all. He was not a team first guy. I've not seen one of our receivers throw a tantrum yet, or get a stupid personal foul penalty for being a selfish cry baby.
My comment about Landry was about wishing the entire thing had worked out (meaning I wish there were no personality issues, just a team first player).

My comment about Landry was about wishing the entire thing had worked out (meaning I wish there were no personality issues, just a team first player).
I don't think the "personality" differences were the determining factor, TBH. If it was a popularity contest, Gase loses every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

The fact that he wanted top wideout $, and was really just a good, sure handed slot with average at best speed, was the reason he and tge team parted ways.

I don't think the "personality" differences were the determining factor, TBH. If it was a popularity contest, Gase loses every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

The fact that he wanted top wideout $, and was really just a good, sure handed slot with average at best speed, was the reason he and tge team parted ways.
I'm not talking about personality differences.

I'm talking about the makeup of the player.

He can be a head case. He wanted more than he was worth.

I would have liked to have our second round pick that was a very good slot receiver, but without all that.

Parker is tied with Cortland Sutton for the most 40+ yard receptions in the league this year, with 6.

Back
Top Bottom