Grateful Parker Is All-In On The Fins! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grateful Parker Is All-In On The Fins!

I'm not gonna be fooled by this guy's sudden desire to start putting in the effort when he's up for a contract. Sorry.

(Note: Not actually sorry.)
I’m really glad to see him playing well but I’m not in a rush to extend him. There’s far too much negative tape on him to justify extending him after a good half season run.

Seems the Pats system thrives off a slot receiver.

They've been lucky enough to have Welker followed by Edelman.

We don't have that guy (wish Landry could somehow have managed to stay).

We need a dominant slot to complement Parker, Preston and Gesicki.

That would be the missing element in our receiving corps.

Parker has one more year left on his current deal. I'd wait until sometime during the 2020 season to attempt to extend him beyond 2020. Why rush, Miami still has Williams and the next 2 drafts are absolutely loaded at WR.

lol never heard that one...
When was that?

2017. That was when he had a sprained ankle early in the season and missed a few games. That was when I decided I was done defending the guy as 'immature' or 'developing.' He was just being a dope.

Heard a similar story about this in 2018 (strip club this time) when he missed a couple of games, but it wasn't from someone that I trust. I believe it, though.

As someone who thought he was a bust and over drafted, he’s been great this year. Hopefully it continues.

He’s far enough removed from his draft status at this point to judge based on performance, even if it’s below that of a top 15 pick.

He has another year left so leave until towards the end of next season and if he's still racking the numbers while showing a good attitude then certainly resign him.

2017. That was when he had a sprained ankle early in the season and missed a few games. That was when I decided I was done defending the guy as 'immature' or 'developing.' He was just being a dope.

Heard a similar story about this in 2018 (strip club this time) when he missed a couple of games, but it wasn't from someone that I trust. I believe it, though.
In all fairness, I tore my quad and was still able to go dancing that same night. I couldn't run for ****, but I could grind Puerto Rican ass for days.

Seems the Pats system thrives off a slot receiver.

They've been lucky enough to have Welker followed by Edelman.

We don't have that guy (wish Landry could somehow have managed to stay).

We need a dominant slot to complement Parker, Preston and Gesicki.

That would be the missing element in our receiving corps.
Devin duvernay wr texas

Parker was a rock star today. We don't win the game without him. I've been waiting since we picked him for him to show some dominance on the field. Today he caught everything that was near him. He was Lynn Swan out there! Randy Moss for a day! Fitz and DeVante have something very good going on. Hey, we beat the Eagles with their big deal #1 QB, Carson Wentz, all their receivers we're healthy and Sanders was clicking at RB. Their D-Line dominated the first quarter. But, our coaches showed guts and brains today in a game plan that included some really cool stuff. By the forth quarter I think the Eagles wanted to go home to their Mommies. We exposed them as not that great of a team. We were gang tackling and showing a ton of desire late in the game. Flores has these guys balling. Offseason=add massive talent.

I would really love to read about that. Too bad I couldn't find any links.

Yeah, I've never heard of these Parker ducktales. They sound pretty generic and made up. All of the criticism on how he's failed to take care of himself have been diet related, but Kenny Stills helped him tremendously with that.

Professionalism has never been a knock on DeVante Parker. Injury prone, sure. But missing games to party? Lol. His agent called out Adam Gase last year for sitting him when he was healthy. He's always wanted to play.

Call it what it is.... it's a fresh start. Brian Flores decided to give him that, and since then he's been everything we hoped for when we drafted him.

FYI -- the real stories were late night video games and junk food. Kenny Stills hooked him up with a chef and got him on a diet plan. This was prior to Gase's last season here.

His agent claimed that he was healthy when they were putting him on the injury report/sitting him. Lines up with Gase's douchey personality and history of dealing with guys. Really wish he had a chance to coach Antonio Brown this year.

Back
Top Bottom