Grateful Parker Is All-In On The Fins! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grateful Parker Is All-In On The Fins!

Yeah, I've never heard of these Parker ducktales. They sound pretty generic and made up. All of the criticism on how he's failed to take care of himself have been diet related, but Kenny Stills helped him tremendously with that.

Professionalism has never been a knock on DeVante Parker. Injury prone, sure. But missing games to party? Lol. His agent called out Adam Gase last year for sitting him when he was healthy. He's always wanted to play.

Call it what it is.... it's a fresh start. Brian Flores decided to give him that, and since then he's been everything we hoped for when we drafted him.

AMEN

I'm not gonna be fooled by this guy's sudden desire to start putting in the effort when he's up for a contract. Sorry.

(Note: Not actually sorry.)
He isn't up for a contract. He's signed through next year. He WAS playing for a contract last year. He didn't play well. So factually, he's playing better NOW when he isn't playing for a contract.

Sorry, but when you can't play because of a foot injury but are seen dancing on tables at a local nightclub, well, that's the point where I stop defending you from criticism. It's also the point where I don't want my favorite football team to extend you to a contract with a lot of guaranteed money. I'm on board with extending this guy but only if we can somehow convince him to take an incentive-laden deal. Bottle service is expensive, you know.

Anyway, people are warm and fuzzy about Parker, and I get that, but he won't be the first player to turn it on when he wants to make some money. ANd that's really what I think is going on here, based on, well, everything about Devante Parker's time in Miami, both on and off the field.

I'm with you JDW, I'm cautiously optimistic. We've been in this position with DVP before.

I'm with you JDW, I'm cautiously optimistic. We've been in this position with DVP before.

None of us can say we have seen him play at this level and /or for this long. I'm also hopeful that he's turned the corner would be a big piece for us

He isn't up for a contract. He's signed through next year. He WAS playing for a contract last year. He didn't play well. So factually, he's playing better NOW when he isn't playing for a contract.

This this this

I’ve never seen Parker move as smoothly as he has this year before he always seemed heavy legged an awkward like he was running in quick sand.

The only knock I've heard on Parker from coaches (or reported to be from coaches) were about his commitment to standards, around not being willing to follow the correct diet and then also staying up too late playing video games and not being able to concentrate in team meetings. Then there's the injury history, which may or may not have been due to poor preparation and not looking after himself, and the in-game observation that he rarely fight for/comes up with contested balls. Well he blew that last one away against Philly.

If the faith shown this offseason or the realisation that he's in the last chance saloon has caused him to knuckle down and take this seriously then that's great, and a testament to his character than he's willing to recognise that in the form of showing gratitude rather than a 'told you so' approach.

Last edited:
I think it's fair to say Parker has been good/very good this season. This week he was great. I like and I'm ok with the good version of Parker. I love the great version. So is there a young Fitzpatrick like qb in the draft that Miami should be looking at? A gunslinger that excels in 50/50 balls

Not yet. I want to see him come back and do it again next year. If he can avoid the injuries again, then hell yes sign him up!

You can get a lot of that kind of info in vip. Not saying that it cake from there but they have good info there
Soooo...

It may, or may not, be a fabrication that originated in VIP, where if it did, may, or may not, be good info?

Glad we cleared that up....

Kidding....lol

With maturity and a better coaching staff Parker is finally becoming the player we hoped he would be when he was drafted. The fact is Gase was a terrible HC with a terrible coaching staff and for the most part players didn’t show improvement while Gase was in charge of this team.
With Parker, Williams, Hurns, and maybe Grant, along with another WR drafted in the early rounds of the 2020 draft, the Dolphins appear to be solid at the WR position for the foreseeable future.

Now if only Grier can bring in players to upgrade the other units on this team, perhaps they can turn this team around in the next few years.

Yeah, sorry, he's got another year up on his deal. That's great. We can get another cheap year of service out of him to make up for the ones he squandered partying while on the injury report.
tenor.gif

One thing to keep in mind.....is WE HAVE TO utilize DVP more in the game plan.....we are simply out of guys, so the featuring or utilization increase we have seen with him is out of necessity to begin with. Same with Gesicki in my opinion.

However, I also think both players have responded well and seem to thrive on the focus they are getting in the passing game. You can literally feel their confidence growing as they encounter more and more success. I hope it is sustained and hope it is real...because if so, we benefit long term from both players and can cross off an area of need for 2020 and beyond.

Back
Top Bottom