Great Article On Tanny | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Article On Tanny

FINatic054

Scout Team
Reaction score
https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/8...annehill-breakdown-expectations-outsider-view

I for one believe Tanny is "good enough" to be a super bowl winning QB. Not everybody has a top 5 quarterback in the league. But if you don't you better believe you need to have a top 5 defense or a top 5 running game or both to get you there. Our defense leaves a lot to be desired but hopefully they can gel. I am not a fan of Burke but I haven't given up on him totally just yet.

Tanny is good enough to single handedly win a game or 2 but I dont believe good enough to single handedly win week in and week out. This team has a shot but alot needs to happen, as with all teams.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/8...annehill-breakdown-expectations-outsider-view

I for one believe Tanny is "good enough" to be a super bowl winning QB. Not everybody has a top 5 quarterback in the league. But if you don't you better believe you need to have a top 5 defense or a top 5 running game or both to get you there. Our defense leaves a lot to be desired but hopefully they can gel. I am not a fan of Burke but I haven't given up on him totally just yet.

Tanny is good enough to single handedly win a game or 2 but I dont believe good enough to single handedly win week in and week out. This team has a shot but alot needs to happen, as with all teams.
This is an excellent article, thank you for posting.

I actually found very interesting, besides that interesting take from a non-fan who seems to understand more about football, techniques and Xs and Os than your casual fan, his take on Landry and why he doesn't care for him.
Very interesting.

Great article that is 100% accurate but does not even remotely explain how bad our O-Lines have been, especially with the often injured starters. Tanne bashers have ZERO clue about football, none what so ever! Give him even slightly less than average O-Line play and he wins games PERIOD!

The NFL is FULL of examples of qb's who were mired in mediocrity their
first several years, and then "blossomed" when their teams became good due to coaching and personnel changes, or change of team.

see alex smith and drew brees as examples.

Tannehill actually has pretty decent career numbers, which is nothing short of AMAZING given the Dolphins' history. Heres hoping to the continued success of Gase and his
changes.

Give RT an average OL and above avg D, or avg D and above avg OL, and he's a super bowl contender.

I've said it here several times before. No quarterback can single handedly win week in and week out.

Brady, Rodgers and Brees might be able to put a team on their back and win a couple more games than the next tier of QBs, but none of them are consistently dragging their teams to wins single handedly. Especially against upper echelon teams. It just doesn't happen.

The myth of the elite QB lighting up team after team pretty much on his own is just that. A myth.

I liked this article. I'd have liked it a touch more if he'd talked some about some of the flaws in his game too.

I didnt like his 3-time reference to "two" knee injuries. that was misleading and i wonder if he actually understands.

Same with respect to his statement that RT "started out as a WR" at Texas A&M. No,
he started out and always remained a QB at A&M. He played WR at coach's request due to his freakish talent, while awaiting his chance at the starting spot.

Personally, I think RT has a chance to end up with the best career of all the good qbs of 2012. Depends on his health and the strength of his supporting cast. Other 2012 qb have enjoyed advantages that RT has yet to work with.

I didnt like his 3-time reference to "two" knee injuries. that was misleading and i wonder if he actually understands.

Same with respect to his statement that RT "started out as a WR" at Texas A&M. No,
he started out and always remained a QB at A&M. He played WR at coach's request due to his freakish talent, while awaiting his chance at the starting spot.

Personally, I think RT has a chance to end up with the best career of all the good qbs of 2012. Depends on his health and the strength of his supporting cast. Other 2012 qb have enjoyed advantages that RT has yet to work with.
Haha ... I just knew someone would take issue with that. It's all semantics and how you view it.

If his knee holds up he certainly has a chance to have a great career. I think Luck is on borrowed time, Wilson has some limitations, Foles might be the biggest legend of the group

Back
Top Bottom