Great article on Troy Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great article on Troy Smith

I know its an opinion piece, but the author comes off a huge Smith fan rather than an unbiased bystander reporting the facts (as he sees them).

Good article, but i dont think he was saying we should draft Smith, I just think he was saying that it was a bad decision to take culpepper over brees,

"Think the Miami Dolphins, who elected to sign the taller, more athletic Daunte Culpepper over Brees last offseason -- officially a dumber decision than the Texans' passing on Vince Young and Reggie Bush -- want a do-over?"

That dosent say we should draft him, I just think he was trying to emphasize the non importance of height... Im no draft expert by any stretch of the imagination, but i think were already deep at QB and could probably make a pick at more of a need position. I honestly think Culpepper will be back to form next year and is our future. Anyway thats just my take....:D

Yes it is opinion, the entire draft and draft process is-taking facts like stats and turning them ino opinions of why player A is better than B. There really is no right/wrong stuff, just opinion. Teams like player A for whatever reason, and not player B for whatever reason.

The author is trying to point out that often there is a QB who is frowned upon because of something silly, just like Youngs wonderlic. Im guessing the Titans could care less what that score was now.

Just like the TS being to short, when he isnt any shorter than Brees or Vick. Honestly, thats the only knock ive heard about him. Yet the facts are that the guy has a cannon for an arm, is very smart in the pocket, can scramble well, can make a big throw, doesnt shrink in big games, etc etc. Hes got all the right stuff going for him.

Detroit should be banned from ever having a top five pick. Quinn you were good in college... welcome to Detroit as the "SAVIOR!!!!". Maybe you and Joey will become great friends.

Smith is a great player and if he falls to us... Draft him. If V. Young continues to impress, that will only help troy.

He isnt saying the Phins should draft Smith, the article is just making a case why Smith should be a high draft pick.

I, however, think we should draft him :D

malzj said:
Detroit should be banned from ever having a top five pick. Quinn you were good in college... welcome to Detroit as the "SAVIOR!!!!". Maybe you and Joey will become great friends.

Smith is a great player and if he falls to us... Draft him. If V. Young continues to impress, that will only help troy.

VY's performance has nothing to do with Troy Smith's projections. VY is prototypical in size. Hes huge. The knock on TS is size, nothing else.

I have seen nothing from Daunte that would indicate he will be a force in the future. I think Smith can be.

And even assuming Daunte will come back and be effective, Smith would be a great pick for the long term future of this team, a guy who could lead us for 10 years.

TexanPhinatic said:
I have seen nothing from Daunte that would indicate he will be a force in the future. I think Smith can be.

And even assuming Daunte will come back and be effective, Smith would be a great pick for the long term future of this team, a guy who could lead us for 10 years.
The only way we take a QB in the first round is IF during the offseason Daunte AND Joey shows they are not improving.

Even if they do improve, I dont see either as a long term solution to QB here. Thus if we have the chance to draft a franchise QB with the ability of Smith we take him.

Back
Top Bottom