Great Blue snipets on the Senior Bowl

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Snipets from the Great Blue

Read the rest at:

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowldiary.htm

Wednesday morning...

Another great day for football; dry conditions and temps in the 50s... Tulane QB J.P. Losman continues to separate himself from the QB pack at this year's Senior Bowl; indeed, he may have improved off Tuesday's fine performance. Losman displayed outstanding mobilty that no other QB in Mobile can come close to; plus he continues to throw with terrific velocity, although he does tend to be a little more accurate when he takes something off his fast ball...North Carolina State QB Phil Rivers also had another solid day; Rivers was particularly effective hitting on the intermediate routes, but his deep passes tend to hang, while he wasn't very accurate on a couple of flat routes...got the measurements on Florida State...

Wednesday afternoon... Back with the North in the afternoon...continuing a theme, the most impressive player this week on the North squad has been Southern Cal WR Keary Colbert who in addition to catching the ball very well, looks like just a fundamentally sound receiver who gets off the line of scrimmage with emphasis, runs great routes, finds the open space and comes up with the ball in traffic; also got a chance to talk to Colbert after practice and he came across as a player with his head on straight...Ohio State WR Michael Jenkins also had another solid day; Jenkins has great size, but isn't all that physical coming off the line; Jenkins, though will really battle for the ball once its in the air, using his height to good advantage...as good as Colbert and Jenkins have been the rest of the North receivers have pretty much disappointed...Oregon State WR James Newson, for example, has really struggled; Newson has shown some speed, but not much else; he appears to be fighting the ball at times showing very inconsistent hands; and while fast, Newson has simply tried to outrun the coverage on almost every play showing little in the way of moves or quality route-running...not much new among the North QBs today; John Navarre of Michigan continues to be very steady and consistent, displaying good arm strength and surprisingly good footwork in the pocket...same story for Washington QB Cody Pickett who has a good arm, but may have a bit of a hitch in his delivery causing him to be soemwhat inaccurate at times...Bowling Green QB Josh Harris, meanwhile has been an intersting story; Harris, who played almost exclusively out of a shotgun at BGSU, has really struggled with with some of the basic fundamentals like taking the snap from centre; otherwise, though, Harris has thrown the ball well with particularly good velocity and accuracy on his deep throws; overall he looks like a guy who needs a lot of work, but has an intriguing upside...

I think Harris would be a good late draft pick. He can learn to take the ball from the center

Why would you take a late round risk on some hopeful QB miracle when you have better odds with a higher rated obviously more talented prospect in round #1?

Especially when he doesn't even know how to take a snap. Every draft is a gamble. But I like improving my odds by picking the most talented players not keep hoping for the late miracle. This team needs a playmaker not a wanna be.

I wasn't talking about drafting only him. I meant let's take a better prospect (Rivers) with our first pick and after addressing other needs like OL and WR, if he's still there, pick him too. Why only limit yourself to one QB per draft? You never know, the second one might turn out to be better then our 3rd stringer or the first pick.

Back
Top Bottom