Great catches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great catches

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What Dolphins receivers other than Chambers have made many great catches in their career. I'd have to say Oronde Gadsden, he was second to Chambers, in great catches that I have seen. I remember the ridiculous one handed catch he made that practically save fiedler's ***. because it would have been intercepted if he didn't stretch out his hand and snatch the ball in the air with one hand. I think it was against the Jets, there were so many other games where he had great catches, also. Another one I think was against the Titans. What do you guys think, who would you say?

If i remember correctly Cris Carter had a real nice 1 hander in the back of the endzone for us, that was a nice one. In fact i think it was his only catch of the year!!

I remember a receiver named Jordan making a great leaping catch against Green Bay one year. I think he hurt himself on the landing, but it was a hell of a catch.

Then there was a game in which Irving Fryar was dropping everything that hit him, until the last play of the game where he caught a tough catch between defenders in the end zone to win it.

I also would be remiss to not mention Darrius Thompson's catch last year to win it against the Pats. That was a great twisting catch with a defender (ok, a receiver) on him.

Orande Gadsden against the jets across the middle and snagged the ball with one hang before the saftey could INT is...also OG against the Raiders in a losing effort for us a one handed all out grab against i think it was the CB playing opposite of Charles Woodsen...and then again OG against the Bills in buffalo down the sideline over the CB for another one handed grab....Chris Chambers also had an awesome one for us 2 years ago in the season opener in the back of the endzone for a one handed grab thrown by Jay Fiedler

I know it was preseason and all, But does anyone remember the Ron Bellamy catch. That was pretty sweet. I was thinking we should put him on the team just for that catch alone.

KostaTheGreek said:
Orande Gadsden against the jets across the middle and snagged the ball with one hang before the saftey could INT is...also OG against the Raiders in a losing effort for us a one handed all out grab against i think it was the CB playing opposite of Charles Woodsen...and then again OG against the Bills in buffalo down the sideline over the CB for another one handed grab....Chris Chambers also had an awesome one for us 2 years ago in the season opener in the back of the endzone for a one handed grab thrown by Jay Fiedler

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about, all I know is that Gadsden made some pretty sweet catches for Miami

cltchperf said:
What Dolphins receivers other than Chambers have made many great catches in their career. I'd have to say Oronde Gadsden, he was second to Chambers, in great catches that I have seen. I remember the ridiculous one handed catch he made that practically save fiedler's ***. because it would have been intercepted if he didn't stretch out his hand and snatch the ball in the air with one hand. I think it was against the Jets, there were so many other games where he had great catches, also. Another one I think was against the Titans. What do you guys think, who would you say?

Its too bad Orande Screwd up his wrist catching those horrible passes,but they were still graat catches. Randy and Mcduffie have also had some nice catches.

lamar thomas had a sick twisting sideline catch - can't remember the game - i think he had 2 or 3 tds that game as well

A couple years ago like I think Ricky's first year wit the Phins, it was against the Bill and the bills were drivivng at the end of the game and like at the 10-5 yard line Bledsoe throws it and Surtain grabbed it in mid-air and took it 98 yards back to da house.

Edit: The year b 4 Ricky came into the picture.

It's always amazing how we remember these great catches but we really don't remember the horrible throw that fiedler made, haha. IMO Orande made Fiedler a QB he isn't.

Back
Top Bottom