Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young

I get the fact they're both lefties but Steve Young was a significantly superior athlete.
Dude was FAST and made a lot of big plays with his legs. Think he also had a bigger arm
tho not a cannon...

I don’t want him to be a Young type of player. Not saying being that good I mean running that much. All that will do is put him on the IR every year. Just try to get as close to Brees as he can get. And pick up a first down once or twice a game with his legs but don’t take the hits that Young did.

I don’t want him to be a Young type of player. Not saying being that good I mean running that much. All that will do is put him on the IR every year. Just try to get as close to Brees as he can get. And pick up a first down once or twice a game with his legs but don’t take the hits that Young did.
smart. accurate. throw with anticipation.

I always thought that Tua looked more like Montana than Young (other than the left-handed thing). They were both in the same offense so you saw them running the same plays. You could probably put up side by side videos of Tua and Montana just like they did for Tua and Young. I feel Tua's athletic profile was closer to Montana's. Neither guy was going to overwhelm you with strength or speed, but they both had quick feet and their were more timing passers. Montana's and Tua's footwork was more precise and they had that both had that smooth and easy throwing motion. They were very fast processors and had similar demeanors in the huddle. They both were nimble in the pocket, but it was more calculated. I think that if Montana had been left-handed then he would have been the guy everybody compared Tua to.

I've not watched this yet. In a meeting right now, probably not a good idea to play the video. But I'm finding it a little hard to accept Carr has said something that isn't agenda driven or makes any sense. Will be a welcome change if that's the case here.

So many signs point to a big jump this year.

To be a rookie after being a true junior, coming off of major hip surgery, no OTAs, no preseason games, 4 new OL starters including 3 rookie OL in the mix, decimated receiving group is quite an impediment to tearing up the league in year 1.

Tua is obviously in better physical shape, OTAs, preseason games, cohesion and growth on OL, improved group of receivers who hopefully stay healthy, may get a stud RB in draft, and Tua’s own maturity, I expect Tua to resemble his days at Alabama than his rookie year.

And poor David Carr, sacked 76 times his rookie year.

Long ago I decided I didn't care what the media has to say about our team or players good or bad. People here get too much into it for no real reason. They still have to go out there on the field and play the games and do their job. You don't win or lose games based on what the so called "experts" have to say.

I get the fact they're both lefties but Steve Young was a significantly superior athlete.
Dude was FAST and made a lot of big plays with his legs. Think he also had a bigger arm
tho not a cannon...

I get that you are not sold on Tua, but a proper assessment should be done this upcoming year as he was brought in last season after rehab and not much time to properly train or workout. It was widely regarded that last year he would ride the bench while Fitz would take the helm, to everyone's surprise he was brought in earlier than expected. I think this offseason's training should answer better how athletic he is and what he really is capable of.

Ok, going on record.

Tua will be in contention for the MVP this year helping D.Smith win rookie of the year.

I truly believe the Tua in the Arizona game is the real Tua we will be seeing this year and years to come.

Also, I believe Tua Dives, rather than slides when he runs within the 5 yard line this year. Get them TDS TUA.

OPTIMISM BABY

Agree. Somewhere between a more fluid Brees & less mobile R Wilson is good level for Tua to be.

Back
Top Bottom