Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young

Again- you arent getting the point. "ready with no limitations" ... does that mean he is at full strength, what he wouldve been if there was never a huge injury?

no it doesnt equal the same thing
this is not my argument, Im repeating what was said then. There’s pages of it pre draft.
That argument was from Tua supporters.

I dont think people were proclaiming he would be at full strength in roughly a years time from a catastrophic injnury. Most of us were cool if he ended up sitting the whole season. Again just because he was "healthy enough" to play, doesnt mean his body was where it shouldve/couldve been

I dont think people were proclaiming he would be at full strength in roughly a years time from a catastrophic injnury. Most of us were cool if he ended up sitting the whole season. Again just because he was "healthy enough" to play, doesnt mean his body was where it shouldve/couldve been
Excuses...

This is the NFL. Defenders get paid to have high speed collisions with the offense. I can't believe that Flores would have put Tua out there if there were a chance he wasn't ready to perform against these type of athletes...at least from a physical standpoint.

Not having the physical ability to throw to a WR is different than not having the mental ability to throw to a WR. He obviously had both, but at a far more reduced rate than expected.

The dolphins plan all along was to start him after the bye,
and that statement was from coach Flo himself.
Flores never said that... Neither did Grier or anyone getting a paycheck from the Fins.

Young did not flourish until he moved from TB to SF. Like Tannehill, wasn't good until he had a good team in support. I wonder if the OP is saying that Tua won't flourish until he leaves the Dolphins (like Tannehill).

Personally, I think this is bang on comparison! We're in very good hands going forward.

Many here won't like it.... Hell I hate to say it myself, but to me Tua is a more mobile Tom Brady. An absolute SURGEON underneath and quick outside and precision artist on seams. We absolutely need route artist type pass catchers. Guys who who can get open and get open quick! Then make something happen with the ball in their hands! It's why D. Smith is such a great fit and bonus has chemistry already with Tua. While Pitts is by far and away my #1 I'm still doing backflips if we come away with Smith! Tua is SPECIAL those who cannot see it I'm sorry. Kid has some of the best accuracy, anticipation, and peripheral pocket vision I've ever seen in any QB. Now we need to pair those ELITE attributes to skill positions. Guys who get open quick and often and offer elite traits after the catch!

Also why I feel like guys like Parker or Williams could be traded during the draft. Don't think Wilson or Hurns make the 53

Young did not flourish until he moved from TB to SF. Like Tannehill, wasn't good until he had a good team in support. I wonder if the OP is saying that Tua won't flourish until he leaves the Dolphins (like Tannehill).
you saying Tua needs to go to another team?

The thing I'm looking forward to most for the 2021 season, aside from Dolphins football, is all the crow some of the posters on this board, as well as media folks like Colin Cowherd, are going to have eat when Tua tears it up.
It's honestly ridiculous the negatives he gets. People completely forget the (don't quote me) but I think was back to back rookie of week awards? Kid has EXTRA SPECIAL traits that haven't been seen around these parts in quite some time!

I just can't believe there are so many "fans" here that really want Tua to be horrible just so that they can say they were "right".....it is sad that some people need to root against a player on their own favorite team because for them to be right is more important than for the team to win. Very sad indeed. I wanted us to draft Goedert but we drafted Gesicki. There's no way I'm going hope that MG plays bad just because he's not the player I wanted. All that matters to me is for the team to win and I don't care if I'm wrong or right about a player but yet some people here would rather lose than to have to admit they were wrong.

Last edited:
I just can't believe there are so many "fans" here that really want Tua to be horrible just so that they can say they were "right".....it is sad that some people need to rot against a player on their own favorite team because for them to be right is more important than for the team to win. Very sad indeed. I wanted us to draft Goedert but we drafted Gesicki. There's no way I'm going hope that MG plays bad just because he's not the player I wanted. All that matters to me is for the team to win and I don't care if I'm wrong or right about a player but yet some people here would rather lose than to have to admit they were wrong.
100% agree... if youre a fan, you could not like the player but because hes on the team still support him. But its hatred from the start that will never change their outlook, not even their willingness to try. Always gonna be haters

I just can't believe there are so many "fans" here that really want Tua to be horrible just so that they can say they were "right".....it is sad that some people need to rot against a player on their own favorite team because for them to be right is more important than for the team to win. Very sad indeed. I wanted us to draft Goedert but we drafted Gesicki. There's no way I'm going hope that MG plays bad just because he's not the player I wanted. All that matters to me is for the team to win and I don't care if I'm wrong or right about a player but yet some people here would rather lose than to have to admit they were wrong.
Wish they would rot.

So you agree that he probably wasn't 100%?
No, I think he was 100% healthy. I don’t think Flo would put him in if he wasn’t.
Tuas agent Chris Cabot told yahoo sports in March that Tua was fully cleared and ready to compete with no restrictions. I trust his and Flo options over anyone on this site about Tuas situation. The rest is just excuses.

Back
Top Bottom