Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young

No, I think he was 100% healthy. I don’t think Flo would put him in if he wasn’t.
Tuas agent Chris Cabot told yahoo sports in March that Tua was fully cleared and ready to compete with no restrictions. I trust his and Flo options over anyone on this site about Tuas situation. The rest is just excuses.
Yes, but that's not same as being 100%, you can be healthy but not full strength. Flo said himself that the lingering effects of the injury were why he waited as long as he did to start Tua

Yes, but that's not same as being 100%, you can be healthy but not full strength. Flo said himself that the lingering effects of the injury were why he waited as long as he did to start Tua
I don’t recall him saying it was a strength thing, I thought he said he wanted it to be a full year of recovery.

Last edited:
No, I think he was 100% healthy. I don’t think Flo would put him in if he wasn’t.
Tuas agent Chris Cabot told yahoo sports in March that Tua was fully cleared and ready to compete with no restrictions. I trust his and Flo options over anyone on this site about Tuas situation. The rest is just excuses.
So in your mind, Tua would have had the same type of performance last year even if he hadn't suffered the hip injury?

You may be cleared to play physically but then there's the inhibiting mental component thinking that one hit could end your career even before it gets started!

You may be cleared to play physically but then there's the inhibiting mental component thinking that one hit could end your career even before it gets started!
I think it was absolutely more mental than physical

I don’t recall him saying it was a strength thing, I thought he said he wanted it to be a full year of recovery.
This is from week 5 or so:

“...With increasing questions about when rookie Tua Tagovailoa will be elevated to become the Miami Dolphins' starting quarterback, coach Brian Flores said he won't be pressured into playing Tagovailoa and noted that his past hip injury remains a factor in the decision.

"He's checked all the boxes from a medical standpoint. He has," Flores said. "Look, the honest thing for me is if it was my kid, and he had a serious injury like that, I wouldn't want his coach to throw him in there because of media pressure or anything like that...”

he didn’t specifically mention strength but the injury was definitely a factor. I do remember some here talking about sitting the entire season and I’m sure some in the media said it too but I don’t think Flores ever did.

This is from week 5 or so:

“...With increasing questions about when rookie Tua Tagovailoa will be elevated to become the Miami Dolphins' starting quarterback, coach Brian Flores said he won't be pressured into playing Tagovailoa and noted that his past hip injury remains a factor in the decision.

"He's checked all the boxes from a medical standpoint. He has," Flores said. "Look, the honest thing for me is if it was my kid, and he had a serious injury like that, I wouldn't want his coach to throw him in there because of media pressure or anything like that...”

he didn’t specifically mention strength but the injury was definitely a factor. I do remember some here talking about sitting the entire season and I’m sure some in the media said it too but I don’t think Flores ever did.
That’s why I said I thought he said he wanted to wait a full year. It wasn’t that interview

I hate comparing Tua to HOF players. only thing i see that they both have is they are left hand qb other than that Tua must find what work for him in nfl..I think Tua should be alright in nfl..we just dont know what level he will be for example top 10 or top 20. i think he will be middle of pact qb or better..

I hate comparing Tua to HOF players. only thing i see that they both have is they are left hand qb other than that Tua must find what work for him in nfl..I think Tua should be alright in nfl..we just dont know what level he will be for example top 10 or top 20. i think he will be middle of pact qb or better..
Compare Steve Young's first year in Tampa to Tua's first year in Miami. Young only became a HOF after he was traded and that took time too.

Compare Steve Young's first year in Tampa to Tua's first year in Miami. Young only became a HOF after he was traded and that took time too.
Steve Young's first year in Tampa was so bad I forgot Steve Young played in Tampa but of course back then a lot of players wanted to forget they played in Tampa lol.

Steve Young's first year in Tampa was so bad I forgot Steve Young played in Tampa but of course back then a lot of players wanted to forget they played in Tampa lol.
And that's the problem with threads like this. Tua is not a HOF of course after 9 games but Young would have never become one in Tampa.

I do see the similarities, been saying the same for three years..if Tua gets to play in a similar offense I think you would see even more.

Before he was drafted he worked out and trained with Trent Delfer and we were told he would be ready to start right away, we heard from many posters here also beating that drum also. The thought process at that time was that he would come in at the bye week, there was very few that wanted him to sit out the season. The Dolphins themselves mentioned this when they started him against the Rams. I don’t know where you came up with that he was supposed to sit all season.
But I know there was some like myself who wanted the red shirt year from Tua so he could train his body and mind..he went through a lot the year before emotionally and physically and I didn’t feel like he was ready mentally or physically to play, So I just wanted him to learn from Fitz..

I believe 100 percent looking back it was a very bad decision to play him..don’t care if he got reps.

I also believe it cost us a trip to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom