Great day 1 for the fish | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great day 1 for the fish

Tony

Scout Team
Reaction score
You guys should be happy. You had a great day yesterday. I was praying you'd take Braylon, because I think he's gonna bust hard. Ronnie Brown will be a thorn in our side for a long, long time, I'm afraid.

As for my Jets, I'm very, VERY pleased with the day. They were able to get immediate help in the weakest areas by using two picks. The first turned into Joug Jolley and Mike Nugent, and the second Justin Miller falling into our laps. I know about the "kicker in the second" rule, but this is a special kid that gives the team confidence in winning close games. Doug Brien did not do that. In fact, he cost us games.

Anyway, I hope you're all pleased at the new presents under the tree. Good luck (butnot too much) today.

Tony said:
You guys should be happy. You had a great day yesterday. I was praying you'd take Braylon, because I think he's gonna bust hard. Ronnie Brown will be a thorn in our side for a long, long time, I'm afraid.

As for my Jets, I'm very, VERY pleased with the day. They were able to get immediate help in the weakest areas by using two picks. The first turned into Joug Jolley and Mike Nugent, and the second Justin Miller falling into our laps. I know about the "kicker in the second" rule, but this is a special kid that gives the team confidence in winning close games. Doug Brien did not do that. In fact, he cost us games.

Anyway, I hope you're all pleased at the new presents under the tree. Good luck (butnot too much) today.
Yes we are happy about our picks.....you guys did pretty good also, picking a kicker in the second is different.

Different I'll give you. It was a smart pick, though. Doug Brien is a toe-curler. Every time he lines up for a FG, my toes curl right up. He had a good season up until the Pittsburg game, but he choked SO hard there that he'll never be the same in a Jets uniform. We needed a good kicker desperately, and paid the price to get one.

Hey- if you had Nugent last year, you may have played in one more playoff round. Dont underestimate the kicker.

Even though I hate the jets and I think there the weakest team in our division...... I do agree with you an wish your team luck (hoping jets and dolphins battling for division) theres always hope

Yes, a kicker in the second was very creative and certainly should generate a lot of attention for your team. Whether it's the kind of attention you want is debateable. It does move the focus from Pennington's bum shoulder and how much it will affect his already weak deep throws, or the questions over who can cover WR's in your defensive backfield, or when (if) DeWayne Robertson will ever step up. May I suggest a punter in the 4rth round?

Tony said:

Do my eyes deceive me? Is this a Jets fan giving Miami props? :cooldude:

camanda said:
Yes, a kicker in the second was very creative and certainly should generate a lot of attention for your team. Whether it's the kind of attention you want is debateable. It does move the focus from Pennington's bum shoulder and how much it will affect his already weak deep throws, or the questions over who can cover WR's in your defensive backfield, or when (if) DeWayne Robertson will ever step up. May I suggest a punter in the 4rth round?

Haha. Well, CB isn't a weakness at all anymore thanks to the Miller pick, and Barrett and Strait on the roster.

And Robertson stepped up BIG last year. I wouldn't expect you to know, as you were too busy watching your own team wallow in misery.

i like what the jets did with the kicker, should be a solid rock for you guys for 15 years. the corner was a must pick... for you also. nice pick up... but i feel it was a big mistake trading for jolley when heath miller would have been a better pick up.

Tony said:
Haha. Well, CB isn't a weakness at all anymore thanks to the Miller pick, and Barrett and Strait on the roster.

And Robertson stepped up BIG last year. I wouldn't expect you to know, as you were too busy watching your own team wallow in misery.

Must have missed Robertson emerging. Being surrounded by Bills, Jets and Giants fans up here in Rochester, NY, I had my hands full fending off the constant (and deserved) ridicule. Hope those DB's meet your expectations and that Dolphin games become less painful to watch. I love our draft so far!

Tony said:
Different I'll give you. It was a smart pick, though. Doug Brien is a toe-curler. Every time he lines up for a FG, my toes curl right up. He had a good season up until the Pittsburg game, but he choked SO hard there that he'll never be the same in a Jets uniform. We needed a good kicker desperately, and paid the price to get one.

That is how I felt last year when Feeley dropped back.

His Dudeness said:
i like what the jets did with the kicker, should be a solid rock for you guys for 15 years. the corner was a must pick... for you also. nice pick up... but i feel it was a big mistake trading for jolley when heath miller would have been a better pick up.

I tend to agree with Heath Miller being better then Jolley, but Jolley AND Nugent > Heath Miller, IMO. Plus Jolley is a proven commodity, and the Jets have been burned many, many times by selecting a TE in the first round.

As for your fins, the Crowder and Roth picks were excellent, and will shore up a defense that had been starting to show a bit of age. Saben did a great job.

camanda said:
Must have missed Robertson emerging. Being surrounded by Bills, Jets and Giants fans up here in Rochester, NY, I had my hands full fending off the constant (and deserved) ridicule. Hope those DB's meet your expectations and that Dolphin games become less painful to watch. I love our draft so far!

I live in Webster. My bro, who lives out in Sodus, is a Fins fan.

Robertson had a great season last year. I was surprised with how well he played.

Back
Top Bottom