Great perspective from Eisen and Rapaport on why the MD might trade #6 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great perspective from Eisen and Rapaport on why the MD might trade #6

I rather stay at 6 and take can't miss.
Sick of trading down.
No such thing as "can't miss" at any position. History indicates that is even moreso true of WRs picked top 10.

If you look back over the last two decades, more jags than difference makers, and it isn't close.

good video but as Eisen said, sooner or later you have to cash in on all these assets. Whether that be a player or targeting you guy and moving up. Great to have tons of picks, but if you aren't hitting on your picks or getting real talent , its irrelevant. FWIW, we should have used capital to move up for Whirfs last year.
This is what I meant.

Im really getting the sense that the Dolphins really wanted Pitts but got greedy for more picks and thought he would fall to them, easily, at #6.
Then, they realized, after the fact, that Pitts was way hotter of a prospect than they thought he'd be and now theyre in 'hair on fire' mode because Pitts was the only guy they really loved but they dont want to publically admit that they F'd up so their priority is as much 'save face' as max value the pick.
I honestly think there's not a single top 10 player they covet other than Pitts.
Now they're like "What's our least embarrassing way out of this mess?"
If Pitts goes before them, their whole purpose of trading back up to 6 is ruined.

Im really getting the sense that the Dolphins really wanted Pitts but got greedy for more picks and thought he would fall to them, easily, at #6.
Then, they realized, after the fact, that Pitts was way hotter of a prospect than they thought he'd be and now theyre in 'hair on fire' mode because Pitts was the only guy they really loved but they dont want to publically admit that they F'd up so their priority is as much 'save face' as max value the pick.
I honestly think there's not a single top 10 player they covet other than Pitts.
Now they're like "What's our least embarrassing way out of this mess?"
If Pitts goes before them, their whole purpose of trading back up to 6 is ruined.
If not for the public scorn, they would trade back up to get Pitts. They would rather take a less palatable option than admit they were idiots.

It really feels like Miami was better off doing Nothing other than staying at 3 and drafting Pitts. All these machinations can do now is hand Grier another shovel to further dig their career graves.

good video but as Eisen said, sooner or later you have to cash in on all these assets. Whether that be a player or targeting you guy and moving up. Great to have tons of picks, but if you aren't hitting on your picks or getting real talent , its irrelevant. FWIW, we should have used capital to move up for Whirfs last year.
Agree with your assessment but there were a ton of reports that we made a strong push to trade up with San Fran last year to get Wirfs but they didn’t want to drop out of the range where kinlaw would be available

I’ve seen Grier mention multiple times throughout his tenure he’d rather have 2-3 good players rather than 1 great player. That mentality is all fine and dandy if we’re talking about building the roster 6/7-53. However to win a Super Bowl we’re going to need our top 4/5 players to be of the superstar variety. While I agree they’re no guarantees in the draft at some point we have to swing for the fences. Accumulating picks is great but at some point you need to trust your board and evaluations and just take your guy.

Someone above asked would we consider trading down to Chicago’s spot at 20 or NEs spot at 15. If we do that I will throw my remote through my TV. We better not help NE in any way no matter what they offer. That’s all we need is to let them get a QB bc with our luck the one they got would be the one that turns into a superstar.

Agree with your assessment but there were a ton of reports that we made a strong push to trade up with San Fran last year to get Wirfs but they didn’t want to drop out of the range where kinlaw would be available
fair enough. i never heard that

I heard on a podcast this am that Pitts is loved by all and that there is not one single red flag and he checks off every box to be the next great TE...apparently gm's are salivating over him.

I heard on a podcast this am that Pitts is loved by all and that there is not one single red flag and he checks off every box to be the next great TE...apparently gm's are salivating over him.
Including NBA, NHL and MLB gm's.

Greatest athlete in the history of sports.

Some posters on this board are doing a lot more than salivating

Back
Top Bottom