Great quotes from baseball players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great quotes from baseball players

RWhitney014

Ginger Whit
Reaction score
Baseball players say the darndest things...

Yogi Berra: (there's a million of 'em, but these are my two favorites)

- when asked in a pizza parlor if he wanted his pie cut in 6 slices or 8, he said "6, since I don't think I can eat 8."
- when told he looked cool by an older woman on the streets of Manhattan, he replied "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself."

The late Tug McGraw: when asked if he preferred newfangled AstroTurf to grass, he said "I don't know, I've never smoked grass."

:D :lol: :rofl3:

RWhitney014 said:
Baseball players say the darndest things...

Yogi Berra: (there's a million of 'em, but these are my two favorites)

- when asked in a pizza parlor if he wanted his pie cut in 6 slices or 8, he said "6, since I don't think I can eat 8."
- when told he looked cool by an older woman on the streets of Manhattan, he replied "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself."

The late Tug McGraw: when asked if he preferred newfangled AstroTurf to grass, he said "I don't know, I've never smoked grass."

:D :lol: :rofl3:
The Pizza one baffles my mind.... how could you be that stupid.:eek:

That's just Yogi for ya...a nickel ain't worth a dime anymore, it ain't over till the fat lady sings, it sure gets late early out there, if you come to a fork in the road, take it...and that AFLAC commercial is classic..."if you get hurt and miss work, it won't hurt to miss work, and they give you cash, which is just as good as money".

Yogi is awesome... You can't hate him. Here are some of my favorites.

"I'd find the fellow who lost it, and, if he was poor, I'd return it." -- When asked what he would do if he found a million dollars.

"Think! How the hell are you gonna think and hit at the same time?"

"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."

"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."

"Slump? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hitting."

Once, Yogi's wife Carmen asked, "Yogi, you are from St. Louis, we live in New Jersey, and you played ball in New York. If you go before I do, where would you like me to have you buried?" Yogi replied, "Surprise me."

"Do you mean now?" -- When asked for the time.

"I take a two hour nap, from one o'clock to four."

"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."

"Texas has a lot of electrical votes." -- During an election campaign, after George Bush stated that Texas was important to the election.

"He can run anytime he wants. I'm giving him the red light." -- On the acquisition of fleet Ricky Henderson.

"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat, and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."

I know this thread is only about baseball players, but I've got to share my favorite sports quote of all-time, even if it's from a football coach.

When he coached the then-awful Tampa Bay Buccaneers, coach John McKay was asked, after a particularly sloppy game, "Coach, how do you feel about your team's execution?"
McKay responded, "I'm in favor of it."

phunwin said:
I know this thread is only about baseball players, but I've got to share my favorite sports quote of all-time, even if it's from a football coach.

When he coached the then-awful Tampa Bay Buccaneers, coach John McKay was asked, after a particularly sloppy game, "Coach, how do you feel about your team's execution?"
McKay responded, "I'm in favor of it."

Well, if we want to expand into other sports...

Then-Browns DT Gerard Warren asked in his second year if he felt he was now a seasoned veteran: "Well, maybe not seasoned, but definitely a marinating one."

Virginia returnman Marques Weeks, after running back a punt for a TD: "It was all instinct...kind of like running from the cops."

I forget who said this, but upon completely salvaging a season's stats, some athlete told reporters that he had "done a complete 360".

Gotta love athletes...

:lol:

My personal favourite...

(after being plunked by a pitcher) "They shouldn't throw at me, I'm the father of five or six kids."- Tito Fuentes

Five or six? :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom