Great Video On Cox. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Video On Cox.

Can't wait until it is 3rd and short and instead of putting Damien Williams at FullBack, we will be putting our 315lb DT in at FB willingly, and behind him will be our bat**** crazy 240 lb fullback who wont take no for an answer on that 1 yard.

Or even a Cox/Ballage backfield is bigger than anything we have put on the field since Lousaka Polite

The title of this thread alone should automatically move this thread to the lounge.

Patriots pick ????

Wish it was. Would have rather picked someone else...Though the next pick makes up for it. Gaskins

Myles " Piss Off " Gaskins, Don't know if he will make it but that guy has some quality instincts, vision and ankle breaking moves. And a top shelf highlight film....Now thats exciting to watch..

Last edited:
Cox threw the ball out of the wing a lot in high school, just something to put in the back of your mind. I'm really surprised at his career rushing numbers at Auburn: 11 carries for 18 yards. I know the Tigers have had some decent ball carrier options ahead of him, but I expected more usage and production.

Patriots pick ????

Wish it was. Would have rather picked someone else...Though the next pick makes up for it. Gaskins

Myles " Piss Off " Gaskins, Don't know if he will make it but that guy has some quality instincts, vision and ankle breaking moves. And a top shelf highlight film....Now thats exciting to watch..

What I saw with Cox is a nasty lead blocker who loves blow up DBs
on the edge and ram the crap out of anyone trying to fill the hole inside.

Kinda like to see Gaskins following that bulldozer and making his amazing quick
burst off the block! Looks like the type of kid that only needs a spec of light to get
some chunks...

Plus Cox is pretty decent receiver out of the backfield or H back.

So I'm kinda positive on the pick myself.

:)

Last edited:
>>> I really like the fact we're gonna have a "go BIG" package available
with 2 TEs FB/H back RB and Parker @WR.

JK on Parker!

Maybe Stills to threaten deep...

>>> I really like the fact we're gonna have a "go BIG" package available
with 2 TEs FB/H back RB and Parker @WR.

JK on Parker!

giphy.gif

What I saw with Cox is a nasty lead blocker who loves blow up DBs
on the edge and ram the crap out of anyone trying to fill the hold inside.

Kinda like to see Gaskins following that bulldozer and making his amazing quick
burst off the block! Looks like the type of kid that only needs a spec of light to get
some chunks...

Plus Cox is pretty decent receiver out of the backfield or H back.

So I'm kinda positive on the pick myself.

:)

Having very little to go on as to how the HC wants his system setup feel that out of all our draft day picks he is the least to make it.... and would have pick someone else, JMO...
But I'm open and supportive for this year of letting the Staff do their thing and seeing were it gets us. Truthfully have very little to complain about..Like and sometimes surprised at what they are doing..(which is good)

Having very little to go on as to how the HC wants his system setup feel that out of all our draft day picks he is the least to make it.... and would have pick someone else, JMO...
But I'm open and supportive for this year of letting the Staff do their thing and seeing were it gets us. Truthfully have very little to complain about..Like and sometimes surprised at what they are doing..(which is good)

Good news.

All we invested was an R7.

I'm just really happy I believe we made 2 picks that will actually contribute (IMO) this year
albeit in spot duty... That by itself is very positive... But I'm trying to be optimistic
unless/until reality dictates otherwise.

This guy will be on the final 53 and will play on day one. NE uses a FB too and we're gonna run something similar. Flores didn't like the way our team was soft last year. This is why we draft Deiter and Price who are both better run blockers than pass blockers at this time and this is why we got a FB. He's not just camp fodder......he's here to stay.

Thanks @Mcganiel this helps.

All of the guys he's blocking are his size … DB's or S sized LB's. Do we have any footage of him in pass protection against larger LB's? He's gonna make the team and play, you don't draft a FB these days and NOT play him. Just curious what to expect.

All22 has a video where is pushed the LSU DE 4 or 5 yards into the endzone.

This guy will be on the final 53 and will play on day one. NE uses a FB too and we're gonna run something similar. Flores didn't like the way our team was soft last year. This is why we draft Deiter and Price who are both better run blockers than pass blockers at this time and this is why we got a FB. He's not just camp fodder......he's here to stay.

Sorry my crystal ball says your wrong about this guy and he will be gone....

You do know that this is all opinions, right ? (and I'm not saying strictly a FB isn't in the picture either, though don't feel to strong about it.

If it works great, I just don't see much in the little I've seen of him to think he even has a shot. Think a FB who actually poses some kind of running threat could be more understandable and largely a lot more effective to me. I'd try just using a Ballard type..

If Deiter and Price are that good enough of an upgrade its even less of a reason for the guy. And also see more upgrade in the OL in FA too....
JMO

But either way like Bignasty, they have my support and a grace period of likely a year for me to get an understanding of what is really their level of insight and productivity to form a far assessment .

Sorry my crystal ball says your wrong about this guy and he will be gone....

You do know that this is all opinions, right ? (and I'm not saying strictly a FB isn't in the picture either, though don't feel to strong about it.

If it works great, I just don't see much in the little I've seen of him to think he even has a shot. Think a FB who actually poses some kind of running threat could be more understandable and largely a lot more effective to me. I'd try just using a Ballard type..

If Deiter and Price are that good enough of an upgrade its even less of a reason for the guy. And also see more upgrade in the OL in FA too....
JMO

But either way like Bignasty, they have my support and a grace period of likely a year for me to get an understanding of what is really their level of insight and productivity to form a far assessment .
Well, if we don't carry a FB on the roster this year then that was a wasted pick of course. Why draft a FB if you're not going to have one on the roster?

Back
Top Bottom