Great Week for Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great Week for Miami

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
With out playing Miami couldn't have had a better week. The Jets and Pats lost making it really a 2 team war for the division. The Bills won, but not by much over a very bad Lion team in Buffalo. I think the Pats will easily handle the Bills next week, so if we win in Greenbay the East is our for the takeing. Outside of the division the Raiders lost giveing the Broncos soul possesion of the West witch is good for us because we hold the tie breaker over the Broncos for homefeild.

I was also happy to see Atlanta upset the Saints. I don't like seeing teams with better records than ours.

Now all we have to do is beat the Packers and hope for the Jets to upset the Chargers (very possible with the way Pennington is playing) and we're back to an even slate in the NFL, with no team only having 1 loss.

I hope the Chargers kill the Jets. You can never root for the Jets, the Chargers can be a game ahead of us for another week or 2 as long as the Jets lose.

I agree, I also think the patsies will destroy the Bills next week. Even if we lose the division is ours for the taking.

Hey all we have to do is take care of our own business. We win the games we should, we will be fine. But I agree with ice, you can never cheer for the Jets. I really enjoyed watching them have their own fourth quarter collapse. Maybe they know how we felt the past couple of years when we played them. Sucks doesn't it?
HAHAHA!
Let us hope Ray returns to the form we have seen him in before. If so we should be fine. I would like to see us go back to Ricky a little more. If we can control the clock and keep teams off the field we can win a lot.

GO MIAMI!

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I actually thought this was gonna be a "Ray Lucas didn't throw any INT's thread" :lol:

:lol: :lol: Well, now that you mention it.....

fin-atic is right. All we have to do is win all of OUR games and not worry about anyone else. We have the tie-breaker on Denver. We play both San Diego and Oakland, so we have the chance to gain tiebreakers on them to. Honestly, I think we should be able to handle the Chargers. They are all run, we stack the line, and let our superior corners take away their average WRs. We play Buffalo again, so we can even the score then. We already have a win over the probable AFC South Champ Colts. The winner of the North is gonna be 9-7 at best, so no worries there. We are set......

I think the Packers game is going to be really tough. Playing in Lambeau at night in November is never a good thing. Im sure it will be bitter cold and I personally don't think the Dolphins will adapt quick enough. Favre will start, but how long will he play?
He could just start the game so he can keep that record of his intact. Who knows, but I really don't have a good feeling about playing GB.

I don't know 48 you might be right about Favre comming out early.

The fact is its a non-divisional game in which Green Bay is comming in at 6-1 in a division who's next best record is 2-5. Even if the Pack Loses, and everyone else in their Division wins, they are still 3 games ahead of everyone in that division.

In short they don't NEED this game like we do, and I think that could work to our advantage.

Interesting point, but I don't see Favre leaving early. This guy clearly loves playing. The only way he comes out is if he's injured or Miami is being blown out. I'm hoping neither occurrence comes to pass. It should be close and according to my playstation Miami wins 28-24. LOL!

Yeah you all can forget about Favre coming out just for the heck of it and the insinuation that they might let up because they will have a 3 game lead still is ludacris. Favre will not come out unless he is dead and the Pack, since they don't have anynoe worth playingin their division. Might want to test just how good they are against a playoff caliber team. What might work to our advantage is since Brett isn't 100%, we might be able to contain his scrambling and maybe knock him out with Taylor and O-gun rushing him.

Why do all of you think the patriots aren't going to have any problems beating us? Hey they might win but they have looked like crap for the last 3 or 4 games and it is in Buffalo where there should be a wild crowd. Please explain your reasoning. Thanks.

The Packers aren't just competing within their division, I'm sure they covet that first round bye just as much as everyone else. I doubt you'll see them dropping a game unless they've clinched the the bye and home field advantage.

In all actuality, thinking that its a sure fire bet that the Patriots will beat the Bills is just wishful thinking.

The Jets are no longer a threat to us. They've won like 2 of 7 games. They are all but out of the playoff hunt ALREADY. If they happen to knock off a few of the top teams in the AFC while they're at it, I know I certainly wouldn't mind. Funny thing about an 8 game winning streak is...it only takes 1 game to erase it from peoples memories.

Back
Top Bottom