Great win!! We usually start out slow. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great win!! We usually start out slow.

mbhcu98

Active Roster
Reaction score
I love this win. In years past, this is a game we lose. Even with Flo, slow starts are the norm then, as the season progresses, we get better. Flo has a history of making his teams better as we go, so this is a great win.

Tua did well. I loved the jump ball to Parker. That is an obvious improvement. But, I wasn't impressed. Mac Jones is impressive in that pocket. He moves around nice in the pocket. Besides the 1 throw to Parker, Tua didn't "look better". He did have some WRs drop a couple passes tho. My guess is, he'll get better as the season moves on. He didn't quiet the Watson talk.

I like the connection Tua has with Parker. WRs didn't impress either besides that. Do we even have a TE?

RBs are what they are. Not great but, very serviceable. Gaskin was good. Think high draft pick in 22 draft.

As far as the line goes, I'm glad we have $60 to $80 mil in cap space(2nd in the league?) next offseason. Like the rest of our team, I expect the line to improve but, we need help. Hunt and to a lesser degree DIETER, are the only 2 I trust. Eichenberg didn't look so good. Hopefully Jackson comes back next week and is better. But, I expect 2 big vet free agent lineman next offseason. Dieter and Hunt played well. Kindley LOOKS the part. Hopefully between Jackson and Eichenberg, the LT spot is filled. So, maybe just 1 big vet free agent lineman. Hopefully.

I'm not concerned about the DEFENSE. We need a NT but, well be fine for the season.

I love this win. In years past, this is a game we lose. Even with Flo, slow starts are the norm then, as the season progresses, we get better. Flo has a history of making his teams better as we go, so this is a great win.

Tua did well. I loved the jump ball to Parker. That is an obvious improvement. But, I wasn't impressed. Mac Jones is impressive in that pocket. He moves around nice in the pocket. Besides the 1 throw to Parker, Tua didn't "look better". He did have some WRs drop a couple passes tho. My guess is, he'll get better as the season moves on. He didn't quiet the Watson talk.

I like the connection Tua has with Parker. WRs didn't impress either besides that. Do we even have a TE?

RBs are what they are. Not great but, very serviceable. Gaskin was good. Think high draft pick in 22 draft.

As far as the line goes, I'm glad we have $60 to $80 mil in cap space(2nd in the league?) next offseason. Like the rest of our team, I expect the line to improve but, we need help. Hunt and to a lesser degree DIETER, are the only 2 I trust. Eichenberg didn't look so good. Hopefully Jackson comes back next week and is better. But, I expect 2 big vet free agent lineman next offseason. Dieter and Hunt played well. Kindley LOOKS the part. Hopefully between Jackson and Eichenberg, the LT spot is filled. So, maybe just 1 big vet free agent lineman. Hopefully.

I'm not concerned about the DEFENSE. We need a NT but, well be fine for the season.
Terrible fan.

Imagine being happy after a win.

in previous years we expect to lose this game, and end up losing this game, and sound relatively the same post-game on here as we do with this victory, lol.

It’s such a fine line between “good” and “not good” these days. Tua finds a WIDE OPEN Waddle, who could have run for days…and Waddle drops the ball. Tua throws a pretty ball to Wilson in the end zone…and Wilson waits for the ball instead of attacking it. Knocked away at the last moment by Mills. That’s two potential TDs.

It’s such a fine line between “good” and “not good” these days. Tua finds a WIDE OPEN Waddle, who could have run for days…and Waddle drops the ball. Tua throws a pretty ball to Wilson in the end zone…and Wilson waits for the ball instead of attacking it. Knocked away at the last moment by Mills. That’s two potential TDs.

You know, I thought the same thing about Wilson's play but didn't want to nitpick.

Jalen Mills is not a good corner you gotta make that play on him.

I don't want to pour any water on this fire, but in previous years we probably score about 17 points on these Patriots. We would have marched down the field and scored. Then they would have come out and systematically made our secondary look helpless while they run pick play after pick play tearing off 8 to 15 yards per play. Over. And over. And over again until they stuff it into the end zone. We would have come back out, suddenly looked flat, and ended up punting just as we did. And they would have done what they did on the first drive all over again, 8 to 15 yards per gash on short passes. Until Tom suddenly felt like flinging it 35 yards through the air to Gronk. Point is that they would have scored TDs, probably, on their first 4 drives before hitting cruise control and letting us come back up to breath to start the second half... but after one good drive to start the half they would have slammed our faces back down again.

So, it's a good win, and thankfully we don't have to stare at that ugly short passing game of theirs anymore. If we're smart, which I think Flores is pretty damn sharp, we will begin to sysematically abuse opposing defenses with quick short passes that they just can't stop. I'm just afraid that we'll never be able to operate a system like the one NE had because technically their game was f'ing illegal but refs were just technically blind to it.

100% sitting on my couch hopes low expecting to lose that one. I will take it. I attended the massacre in Foxboro a few years back. Win is a win and we are one game closer to being a playoff team.

This place is going to be a hoot if we beat the Bills but it's an "ugly" win. Some of your wives know all about ugly wins when they settled for you.

I'm in that bracket I married UP baby!
We’re all ugly come (no pun intended) orgasm. If you ain’t, yah just not doin it right.

100% sitting on my couch hopes low expecting to lose that one. I will take it. I attended the massacre in Foxboro a few years back. Win is a win and we are one game closer to being a playoff team.
Exactly.Just look at how the first few games of the last 2 years. BLOWOUTS!! The fact the game was close is an improvement.lol And WE WON? I'm beyond ecstatic, even if a little underwhelmed with Tua. I do think he'll get better.

Wilson did not have a good game. He should have come back to that ball and highpointed it. Had he done that, he may have even drawn PI. That was lame on his part. He needs to do more than he did yesterday which was “0”.

That last drive showed me a lot. The Patriots were driving down to win the game and X. Howard makes the strip and recovery. To go a step further, Miami ran the ball to exhaust the clock.

That's a very Patriots type win. It was ugly and stressful, but the Dolphins found a way.

Back
Top Bottom